08

Bad Girl Down

The party was slowly coming to an end and Irene could say that it was a success for her and Wendy. Well almost. She looked around the room, to see if she spotted her father mingling with the crowd. She lets out a heavy sigh.

"Are you okay, darling?" whispered Wendy. Hearing Wendy call her darling made Irene's gut do a whole rollercoaster at once. 

"Ye- yes." Irene stutters out, trying to hide away a slight blush. Wendy smiles and gently squeezes Irene's hand that was already in hers. 

They continued to chat with several of the socialites that approached them. Many with questions and compliments for them. Irene was very impressed to how Wendy was taking all of not-so-filtered comments that would pop in once in a while. Finally getting a breather, the couple make their way to Seulgi who was still at the bar with Bogum.

"Come on Bogummy~ One more with me~" Seulgi slurred. Bogum just shakes his head and asks for more water. 

"I guess we should go soon." chuckled Irene at the sight of a drunk Seulgi, who is now clinging onto Bogum. 

"Please," begged Bogum, "For both our sakes." 

"Can I see Youngie???" blurted Seulgi, as she was transferred from Bogum to Wendy. 

"Who?" asked Wendy. She puts Seulgi's arm around her shoulders and allows the girl to lean on her for support.

Seulgi loosens her hold on Wendy, "My girlfirend!" she yells almost falling over. Wendy reacts quickly and catches them both. 

"Oh my god," grunted Wendy, pulling back up Seulgi again, "Babe, I'm going to put her in the car first and then come get you." Wendy quickly gives Irene a peck on the cheek and leaves with Seulgi on her shoulders.

Irene's mind goes blank as she gently touches the spot where Wendy's lips were. She didn't thing Wendy would be that bold, especially since their was relationship wasn't-

"Oh I'm glad you found each other." said a deep voice from behind. Irene felt her hands instantly become clammy, and her heart rate increase. 

"Father, what a pleasant surprise!" Irene says, as she faced the man. Her father gives her a smile, but there was nothing warm coming from him. She gives him a awkward hug in return. 

"Bogum! Send my regards to father. I hope his business is doing well." Irene's father said, shaking his hand with Bogum's.

"Thank you Mr.Bae for your concern. We're doing well as a company."

"And yourself, Bogum-ssi? How are you personally?" asked Mr. Bae. Irene could see Bogum quickly stiffen as he lets out a small, but awkward laugh.

"Ah well...I've been here and there but-"

"But nothing has been the same since my daughter here broke your engagement?" Mr. Bae interrupted. 

"Father." Irene said sternly. She knew that he was going to go there and bring up the past...again. 

"What? Aren't I right, Bogum-ssi? I mean you two are still friends so there is a chance!" added Mr.Bae

"Ah...no sir, what I was going to say," Bogum continued, "But I am more focus on helping my father out with his company, on our own terms."

Mr. Bae lets out a heavy sigh, "I see. Well, the offer still stands." 

Irene couldn't believe her father right now. Still trying to "auction" her off through marriage still, after breaking off many engagements to rebel against her father. She could feel her anger boil in her. 

"Irene, let's go." called a familiar voice. Irene's anger turned to fear quickly.

Wendy takes her hand, "Are you ready?" she asks, not knowing the situation they were about to get in. 

"And who might this be, sweetheart?" questioned Mr. Bae. Irene sees her father eyeing their hands. Irene was about to answer but Wendy beat her to it.

"Ah, sorry. Let me introduce myself," said Wendy, "I'm Wendy. Irene's girlfriend."

Time moved slowly for Irene. She saw the way her father gave Wendy a snake smile as he shook Wendy's hand. And Wendy's pained reaction when her father indifferently squeezed her hand too tight, and then proceeded with his apology. Wendy leads Irene away from the area. Irene looks back her father one more time but couldn't read his expression. 

The drive back to Seulgi's home was silent. Wendy would occasionally glance at Irene whenever they were stopped by a light, but Irene would not look back at her nor speak a word. They arrived at Seulgi's, they both carry the bear up to her room.

"I'm going to make sure she's settled and leave some supplies by her bed side." said Irene. Wendy was going to reply back, but Irene was already gone. 

Once back in the car, they both were back to the awkward silence. They finally made it back to their neighborhood, and Irene goes out of the car first.

"Jeez what's with this girl?" Wendy mumbles, to herself as she quickly gets out also to catch Irene.

"Hey! What's up with-" Wendy began.

"Thank you for tonight. I really appreciate it. I'm very tired so I will go now." Irene quickly says. She was about to close her gate, when Wendy sticks her foot in between and pushes her way through.

"Whoa there, what's up with you?" questioned Wendy, holding Irene at her shoulders in case she tried to escape. 

"Nothing. I'm just tired." answer Irene, avoiding Wendy's gaze as much as possible. 

"Liar..." Wendy takes Irene's face into her hands and makes her look at her, "Tell me." 

Irene felt the tears form, and was suddenly enclosed in Wendy's arms. 

"I'm scared, Seungwan-ah." Irene confesses, her tears staining Wendy's shoulder. 

"Of?" 

"My father." Wendy expected this answer from the way she observed Irene and her father's interaction before coming to get her. She saw a different Irene around that man.

"Why are you scared of him?" 

There was a good minute of silence.

"Because..." Irene looks at Wendy, "I'm scared that he'll take away something I care about." 

Wendy looked puzzledly at Irene, "What do you mean-" Wendy was cut off, by Irene, with Irene's lips connects with hers. 

(A/N):

Andddd scene! Hello everyone, here's another update! I needed to take relieve some of my stress made by school. What even is a "break" ahaha. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Wenrene are now taking further developments, well at least Irene is taking it further. For Wendy...well she's gonna take a little bit, and by a little bit, I mean a whole chapter xD Then there's Irene's father. What an right!? He's going to make things a bit complicated so things are about to get a little interesting. I will try to get another chapter out before legit school starts up but again, the consistency of these chapters aren't guaranteed. So till next time! <3