06

Bad Girl Down

Midterms roll around quicker than Wendy expected, and suddenly she's drowning herself in books and study guides in the library. Well, more like Irene was forcing her. Regardless of the countless of times Wendy has told Irene that she felt confident about subject so and so, Irene would always fire back with countless "I don't care" and "Focus Seungwan-ssi!". Wendy blames Joy the most for letting her Korean name slip out and in all honesty, Joy most likely did that on purpose.  She actually liked being called Seungwan again. Then, whenever she would meet Irene, Seulgi would sometimes tag along, and if Seulgi would tag along so would Joy. Wendy didn't think anything of it at first, but she swears that something is going on between them. And so, Wendy's small social circle, increased a little due to seeing Seulgi and Irene more often. Again she didn't mind.

Wendy sighs to herself and rubs her tired eyes. Looking at a nearby clock she see she's been staring her materials for awhile and decides to take a break. She leans back into her chair and allows her mind to wonder to time where they all went to the park together.

Seulgi and Joy took Yeri to the playground, while she and Irene would study under a nearby tree. Wendy looked up once, just to check on Yeri, and the scene of both Yeri and Joy teasing Seulgi around the playground brought a smile onto her face. Wendy was about to point the scene Irene, but decided against it when she heard small snores coming from her side. Out of everyone, she didn't expect the Bae Irene to fall asleep while studying. Then again, she probably figured that the poor girl be studying all the time and forget about sleeping. Wendy shook her head with a smirk and put away the book she was studying. She slowly adjusted her body so that she was closer to Irene's, then laid the sleeping girl's head on her shoulder. Irene's sleeping body did not reject Wendy's gesture and comfortably, snuggled into Wendy's shoulder. This caused Wendy to blush a bit. She was thankful that the other three were preoccupied with each other to notice her current situation. Wendy wondered what has gotten into her ever since Irene had abruptly entered her life. Joy said it was all for the better. Wendy could guess she was right. For one thing, her grades improved greatly. Wendy was proud to show Yeri how well she was doing in school, which encouraged the younger to do well also. Wendy also cut low on the smoking, which made Joy very happy. Once in a while, however, she would go out to her apartment balcony and try to smoke one cigarette, but could never finish and always end up throwing half away. Wendy had no idea what could be the reason for this sudden change but she had a feeling it had something to do with Irene. She recalls one conversation with Joy before.

"Could be it be?" asked Joy, leaning closely to Wendy, a little too close for her comfort. 

"What?" Wendy says, pushing Joy slightly away.

"You like Irene!" Joy said.

Wendy's eyes widen with shock, "You're crazy." 

"Not the first time I heard that." 

"Why would I like that woman!? She's crazy too!" exclaimed Wendy.

Man how she wanted to walk away then, but she was waiting for Yeri and Joy wanted to come along too. 

"Come on Wan, you're changing. And you haven't changed in a long time!" 

"Okay and? I'm changing so that Yeri can see I'm not a waste of space! The girl is graduating soon." explained Wendy. 

"Mhmm, but how many times have I tried to get you change? To stop smoking for one!" Wendy could feel the fire in Joy's eyes, even if she wasn't looking at her. 

"I didn't stop..."

"But you cut down!" retorted Joy, "I've been trying to get you stop for years and then Irene comes in, makes a few comments, and an ugly face. And of a sudden you're cutting down!" 

Wendy was left speechless at the time, and the conversation hasn't left her since. Wendy straightens up her posture and was about to get back into studying but then she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. Her eyes widen to the sight of the caller ID...Tutor Bae.

"Hello?" answered Wendy in a whisper. 

"Yah...why are you whispering?" asked Irene. Wendy could hear cars in the background, so she assumed Irene was out somewhere. Wendy shook her head, scolding herself for having the need to know where Irene was, or maybe who she was with. It didn't matter...did it?

"I'm in the library...you know studying for midterms."

"Omo omo omo, I'm so proud." Irene said, making Wendy's heart beat a little faster.

"Why'd you call? Did you want to meet up and study?" 

"Uhm no...to the studying part."

"So the meeting up part?" asked Wendy.

"Yeah, I'll send you my location in a second." 

"Wait, may I ask for why?" 

"No...I'll see you soon Seugwan." and with that Irene ends the call. 

Wendy tries to get an idea of what was going through that girl's head right now. 

"Must be important if she's saying my name like that." Wendy concluded. She gather her things and makes her way towards the Han River. 

~

Wendy spots Irene at a nearby bench, and all of a sudden walk starts to slow as her heart beats faster. She quietly curses at herself as she goes closer.

"Irene?" Wendy places a hand on Irene's shoulder, causing her to jump. 

"Yah you scared me!" Irene exclaimed, hitting Wendy but misses as the purple-haired girl side-steps.

"Sorry sorry." Wendy chuckles, holding up two peace signs so that Irene doesn't try to hit her again. 

Irene pouts, causing Wendy to laugh again.

"Yah!" 

"Sorry again, but you're so cute" replied Wendy, catching her breath and Irene turns away slightly to hide , "Anyways why did you call to meet here?"

"Here" was all Irene said. She picks up a suit bag behind her. 

"What's this?" asked Wendy, taking the bag from her. Wendy opens it and see a black tuxedo inside. Wendy turns to ask Irene some questions but instead she see the other girl giving Wendy a 90 degree bow. 

"Please help me." says Irene.

Wendy, with a very confused face, straightens the girl up, "What? What is this Irene?" 

Irene lets out a deep sigh, "I wasn't sure if I could ask but Seul said you might up for it and then I asked Joy for your size, and I just got the tux without even asking you about this and-"

Wendy puts a hand on Irene's shoulder again, causing the girl to stop rambling. The gears in Wendy's head start to turn as she figures this whole thing must be important to Irene if she was going to 1. ramble and 2. go through all this trouble just to ask her something. 

"What is it, Irene?" asked Wendy, giving Irene a reassuring smile. 

Another sigh escapes Irene's mouth.

"You're going to add on more years to your face if you keep sighing like that Irene." joked Wendy. Irene lightly hits the girl, but Irene welcomed Wendy's comment as it seemed that the taller girl could sense her nervousness, which she doesn't understand why she's so nervous for. 

"It's a dinner tomorrow night..." Irene began.

"A dinner? That's it?" Wendy says, but noticing the look on Irene's face, it wasn't just that.

"With my family..." 

Wendy's mouth forms an "oh". 

"It's not just any dinner. It's more of an arrangement dinner." continued Irene. 

"Arrangement dinner?" puzzled Wendy.

Irene nods, "For my future spouse." 

Wendy's eyes widen as big as the moon, "Wait! You're saying that your family is trying to marry you off? That isn't right!"

"It's more like...business Seungwan." Irene explains, "My family is the Bae family. Like the BaeTechCorporation." 

"Wait!? That Bae family!? You're from THAT Bae family!?" 

"Yes!? Wait did you not know this whole time!?" 

"Obviously not! You know how many girls with the last name Bae, I know!"

"No?" said Irene, with a hint of jealously in her voice at to which Wendy caught on to causing her to smirk a little. 

"So wait let me retract. You want me to go to your family dinner because?" 

"I need you to pose as my girlfriend." Irene blushed as Wendy widen again. 

"Wai- Wait...as your...your girl-....girlfr..." Wendy couldn't stop stuttering at this point. 

"Girlfriend. Yes, and close your mouth, a fly is going to go in." Irene brings her hand up to close Wendy's agaped mouth. Her touch made Wendy blush more apparent. 

"I..." Wendy began but Irene interrupts her. 

"Look I understand if you want to say no." 

"Irene, I-"

"You can say no. I won't force you to go."

"Irene." 

"It's a lot to ask of you and it's also all of a sudden-"

Wendy grabs Irene's shoulders, getting the girl to draw her attention into Wendy's eyes, "I'll go." 

Now it was Irene's turn for her eyes to widen.

"You...you will!?" 

"Of course! It's the least I could do for you ever since you've started helping me get my life together. So I want to thank you somehow," Wendy explained.

Irene was speechless. She would never thought someone else, beside Seulgi maybe, would be this kind to her. Especially the Wendy Son, the local "Bad Girl" of the school, which she now knows isn't all that bad once you get to know her.

"Plus I've never been to one of these fancy dinners." shrugged Wendy. 

Irene suddenly wraps her arms around Wendy's neck, enveloping the taller girl into a hug. 

"Thank you." she whispers in Wendy's ear. And Wendy could swear that a million things short-circuited in her brain. 

Wendy cautiously wraps her arms around Irene's waist, causing their bodies to come closer to one another. Boy, did she pray that Irene Bae couldn't feel her heart trying to jump out from her chest at this moment. 

"God what have you done to me, Irene Bae." thought Wendy. 

(A/N):

Hey everyone! Long time no update. Which I truly apolgize for. So let me tell ya'll what's been going on since the last time I've updated this. Last time I updated was the beginning of April. In June, I went on vacay with my family, and then when I got back I poured myself into my job. I'm not going to lie, I kinda forgot about this fic, and then when I would remember it I would just be too lazy to write. It's been hard to continue writing because of writer's block. I've been trying to find new inspirations each day to write another chapter, but nothing would cut it. Recently though, RV's promotions for their summer album have been filling me up with new inspiration, and I just had the will to write again. Also, you know other writer's here have been inspiration also. So thank you to the AFF community. Now, like I've said before, I won't always be updating on the daily. I'm also going back to school after waiting around a year for a program to accept me. So of course I will put that first before anything. But please stick around because I will finish this story and we just got into learning more about Irene's background! So thank you for you patience always! Till next time! <3