01

Bad Girl Down

Son Wendy looked aimlessy outside the classroom window as her teacher droned on about math. She decided to pull out her phone to play her games. Most of the teachers by now knew she didn't care much about school and wondered why she didn't just drop out. Sometimes Wendy wonders the same thing. She could just drop out but where would she go? Her parents were overseas and whatever family she had in Korea did not want anything to do with the rebellious teen. These kinds of thoughts would lead Wendy into a state of self-pity but would push such thoughts away immediately. She knew she only had herself, and Yeri. As her thoughts lead her to Yeri, Wendy decided to text the younger girl. 

Hey Squirtle! What you doing?

Few seconds later, Wendy felt her phone vibrate and smiled when she saw a certain pop-up onto her screen.

Unnie, I'm in school and so are you! Why are you texting?

Well why did you reply if you're in school? You know I don't care about this place.

Unnie you need to graduate! You promised me! 

Wae!? When did I do that?

Remember that night you came over after that whole incident.

What? When I drank a little too much and ended up at your place? I don't remember such a night xP

Unnie! >.<

Okay okay I will stop bothering you. Let me know if you need me to come over to help you with your homework.

Okay unnie! 

Wendy hears the afternoon bell ring, prompting her to make her way towards the exit. She almost made it till she was stopped by the sound of her name. Wendy turns around and before her is the local good girl. 

"Well, well this is first. Usually I come to you. To what do I owe the pleasure?" said Wendy, she could see the how tense the short girl was by the way she was clenching her notes. 

"You weren't paying attention in class." replied Irene, meeting the eyes of the self-proclaimed bad girl.

"And?" retorted Wendy, crossing her arms in front of her. 

"You're...you're going to fail." stuttered back Irene. 

Wendy rolled her eyes, "Do you think I care?" 

"You should." Irene could feel her annoyance boil up as Wendy continued to answer her back rudely.

"And who says?" Wendy laughed. 

Irene was at her break point. She felt that Wendy took her as a joke. Scratch that, she knew Wendy took her as a joke, and who was she kidding when she thought that she could change this utterly, rude bad girl into someone else. Wendy raised an eyebrow at Irene when the latter did not say anything. With a shug, Wendy turns her heels and makes her way towards the exit once more. 

"You're a failure." hearing this stopped Wendy in her tracks. Wendy turns to face Irene once more, this time she could see the girl b with annoyance. 

"What did you just say?"

"I said you're a ing failure!" Irene yelled harshly. Wendy and the others who were in the room were all taken aback. 

Irene could hear the whispers among the other students. 

" the new girl broke Irene...What are they even talking about?...Did Irene just snap?" 

"Who are you to say I'm a failure!?" yelled back Wendy. 

"Me! Because you don't want to pass your classes and graduate!" 

"Who said I didn't want to graduate!" 

"Oh so you do want to graduate?"

"I never said I didn't." Wendy rolled her eyes. Why is she arguing with this goody two shoes?

"You have a crappy way of showing it." 

"Whatever Miss Bae Irene. I'm gone." and with that Wendy finally leaves the room.

Wendy stomped her way into the school's front and out the gate. Everyone she passed by could see her fuming and didn't want to interact with her, even the guard in the front didn't stop her from leaving. After walking a couple blocks, Wendy arrives at a corner convience store.

"Oh Wannie! Haven't seen you in a while!" said the cashier from the counter. 

"Hey Sooyoung, how are you?" asked Wendy. 

Park Sooyoung, better known as Joy to others, were one of the few people that Wendy would consider a "close friend" since her time here in Korea. Joy would be in a grade lower than Wendy but had to drop out due to her father becoming ill, forcing her to take care of the family buisness and her mother to go overseas to earn money also. 

"I'm great! Things have been going slow though. What are you doing here? It's not dismissal hour." commented Joy. 

"I had to get out that place. Oh by the way could you give me my usual." and by usual, Wendy is refering to her usual pack of cigarettes that she would get from Joy.

"Wan you know I hate selling them to you." murmbed Joy, hesitating to grab the pack. 

"And you know I would hate to steal from you." replied Wendy, getting out the amount to be paid. 

Joy sighed. She hate selling these to her friend, because they were bad for her but she knew that Wendy would do anything to feed the nasty addiction. Joy placed the box onto the counter and Wendy handed her some cash.

"Keep the change." Wendy, she began to open the pack. 

"What would Yerim say if she knew about this?" 

Wendy paused before putting one cigarette into , "She probably already knows."

"You shouldn't be smoking around her then." said Joy sternly. 

"I know I know. Secondhand smoking is bad blah blah." 

"Was your couple hours at school that bad?" Joy ask, leaning towards the counter.

"It was fine until Bae Irene ruined it!" 

"What she do?" 

"She ing comes up to me after math class and starts telling me I'm a failure and need to get it together so I can graduate!" fumed Wendy, she takes the cigarette from and tucks in behind her ear. 

"Well she's got a point." 

"What? " 

"Look Wannie, I know you can graduate school, because I know you were top of your class when you overseas and everything went to when your parents sent you here." 

"Okay? So how does she have a point?" questioned Wendy.

"Bae Irene is trying to wake you up so that you can get your together and keep your promise to Yerim!" Wendy stayed silent for a bit.

"I don't why she's doing it but I'm glad she is. Seungwan, maybe it's time to just stop all this nonsense." Joy added. 

Wendy sighed. She knew Joy was serious when her real name was used. Wendy looked at her watch. Her eyes widen seeing how much time has passed.

"Hey Joy, I gotta go help Yerim with her homework. I'll text you later." said Wendy. 

"Think about it Seungwan!" Joy yelled as Wendy exited the store and made her way towards Yeri's home. 

(A/N): 

Hey everyone! This is my first Wenrene fic so please give it lots of support and love! I'm just letting you know up front that I REALLY at updating, but please be patient. I write this story out to the best of my ability! Till next time! 

PS: yes Wendy will be taller than Irene in this