Day 42.

PHOSPHENES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He sounds amazing.”

He is, her heart took the lead this time.

“You sure he’s single?”

“What if he’s not? And what if he is? What’s so important about that?”

Taeyeon slammed the door of her locker but then cussed silently before reopened it because she left her water bottle inside. If only Krystal sees that, she would mention how it is very Taeyeon.

“Of course it’s important! Not many people can survive your quirky mind! How many do you think can keep up with that?!”

She needs to detach the phone from her ear before Krystal’s loud voice damage her hearing, “I am not that crazy! And you survived being my friend after all this years!”

“It’s because I’m too generous, don’t you think? Also I’m not even finished. If you meet someone like that, get a grip! They’re a keeper! Hold on their tail!”

Taeyeon dropped herself on the bench in front of her studio, she was discussing so many things with Jonghyun and Kyuhyun the whole day, her brain’s drained to the point it might smoking right now.

“He’s not any means of canine! Well, it’s better if he’s one, so much cuter, so much easier to take care.”

“I am so done with you, Lee Taeyeon. Are you blind? Can you see the signal?”

“We’re not driving, no one gives any signal here.”

“Don’t be that dense, woman.”

“And don’t give me any idea, woman. There’s nothing, I just walked around and bumped into him. We had coffee and he drove me home.”

“Honey, if there’s nothing, he would just say hello after he saw you. There wouldn’t be any chit chat after.”

“Forget it. I’m hanging up! I have a class to teach.”

“Are you teaching during weekdays as well now?!” Krystal shrieked again, and Taeyeon rolled her eyes again.

“Apparently, yeah.”

“And your thesis?”

“It’s going okay, sometimes I work on at the office.”

“And your meals?”

“Whoa. Are you my mother?”

“Yaaa! Even your mom doesn’t ask about you beside asking for any news about her potential son-in-law.”

Krystal’s words feel like a light pang on her face. It’s been a while since the last time she talked with her mom. Maybe four months. Or even more.

“Lee Taeyeon, I’m sorry. I don’t mean that, it was just slipped th—”

“It’s okay,” she said weakly, “That’s how it is. I’ll call you later okay?”

With that, Taeyeon marched to the studio, leaving all the hopes she might start mounting.

***

Day 42.

“One gloomy face means someone has a bad day. Two gloomy faces mean Detective Kyu needs to take the lead.”

Kyungsoo sending him dirty look immediately, doesn’t believe himself what he just heard, while Kyuhyun took a seat next to Changmin who rested his head on the table. His sandwich untouched on his right, in front of frustrated Taeyeon who kept stirring the food inside her lunch box, poking this and that without brought it to .

“What the actual heck are you doing?”

Distracted by the shriek, Kyungsoo looked up from his screen, stopping himself from taking a picture of lifeless Changmin, “Meme stock.”

He then shrugged, took another four pictures before satisfied with the hunting and settled with his lunch box. Today is from some healthy catering Wendy has been talking about the past week.

“How Jonghyun agreed to hire you in this company, I still have no idea for what reason.”

Smile faltered from his face. Kyungsoo needs to put down his fork and starts massaging both of his temples, “Stop there. Or I would recite how I managed to skip grades during my secondary schools. Two times.”

The story of how genius is Kyungsoo was infamous since his first day of working in the company. He was the best counterpart ever to Kyuhyun’s fast brain.

“Show off,” he snorted, and then bites his food, “So what’s going on with you two?”

No answer. Changmin let out another inaudible groan, mumbling something in God knows what language, stomping his feet and fist slightly shaking for tightened a little too hard. When Kyuhyun darted his eyes to Taeyeon, the latter without any doubt still engrossed spacing out, food started to look like a mess.

“We broke up.”

“You and Taeyeon? Since when both of you dating? Minho’s okay with that? Ugh, I mean, Minho knew about this?”

Changmin slapped the back of Kyuhyun’s head rather quick.

“What was that for?”

“Your lack of intelligence.”

 “Thanks for the cooperation, Max,” Kyungsoo singsongs and takes his leave, unfinished lunch on his left hand, letting Kyuhyun deals with his shock by himself. Also because he smells quarrels and had no intention at all to ruin his lunch time.

“I am no longer having girlfriend anymore. She called three days ago, she said we need to talk.”

“That ‘we need to talk’ coming from a woman is never good.”

Instantly, Kyuhyun pitied his best friend. That ‘we need to talk’ left him single since three years prior.

“You tell me,” he gnawed at his sandwich, clearly still upset about it, “I know we’re so distance these days! You know what she said next?”

“I don’t know you anymore? I’m tired of trying? Where were you when I need you the most?”

“All those three plus I don’t think this is working with us being overwhelmed with the works. The next day she flew to London. When I tried to call her yesterday she said she was tired she told me to call her again next month once she returned to Seoul because she doesn’t want to mess her upcoming jobs.”

“Sounds serious,” Kyuhyun stops when he heard Taeyeon sighed again, “But her stuffs?”

“Safe in our place.”

“Good. Lock it. Burn the key. Buy flowers. Pick her at the airport. Make out. Go home and have lots of and you two will be good!” he raised his hand when Changmin is about to scream at him again, “Now. You, young lady.”

“Hmm?”

“I’m not coming here simply to see that ugly face as my lunch view.”

“Then leave. You don’t need to sit here,” Taeyeon deadpans, face as flat as ever.

Changmin’s eyes almost jumped out his skull, “Whoa. Who are you? Did you knock your head somewhere?”

“Lee Taeyeon, 28 and upset.”

“Love? Family? Work?”

She shoved her food aside, had no appetite at all, “Choi Minho.”

“That means three of them.”

She’s nearly snapped if not because Kyuhyun smacked Changmin’s head this time around, “Again? I thought you guys are in a good term?”

“Until this morning I guess.”

“Well, he did look like the usual he is, so I couldn’t tell.”

“I meaaaan,” she groaned, “Aren’t we working as a big team here? He wasn’t around when I finished the section drawing. And this morning wild Jinki appeared, called me to the meeting room to help him with some projects for tomorrow’s presentation, and it would be so weird to refuse the request of your boss. You know what I saw in my desk when I returned? He went mental calling me irresponsible and other s!”

“So he still keeps that possessive attitude.”

“Dang it I wasn’t there to see it!”

The thought of its possibilities to be a perfect scene to distract him from wrecked relationship he has at the moment crossed his mind the same time another whack landed to Changmin’s head.

“Dude is worse than my best friend on her period! What did I do wrong?!”

“Did you tell him?”

“Tell what?”

Kyuhyun hates to do that but he presumed this moment is perfect for a dramatic rolling eyes, “Your side of story of course.”

“Like he care. He just belted to Amber when she passed by.”

“Where is he right now?”

“Haha hihi with Amber at her desk,” she cannot really hide her anger, ”They just came back from coffee shop downstairs.”

I wish I was Amber, Taeyeon tought.

“Why would you want to be Amber?”

Taeyeon looks mortified, she didn’t think she would voice that stupi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter