Day 46.

PHOSPHENES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her tummy growled right before she reached the main entrance of the building. She marched to the coffee shop right away, if she’s going to be the rear end of someone’s bad mood, she preferred to have it with full stomach. She can only sigh when four people already on the counter.

It’s not her day already for the woman ordering at the moment has a list of the whole nation for her coffee. She stretched her head to check, but the girl doesn’t seem nearly finish. The clock keeps ticking, I can just use the vending machine above even if the coffee tastes awful.

She spun her heels and almost fell of her ball, a tall man standing only an inch behind her.

“Whoa. Morning, Tae. You okay?”

“It’s Taeyeon,” she shoved her hands to the pocket of her coat and returned to face ahead, no chance to run right now.

Minho startled and wondering what did he wrong and when he didn’t find any he just shrugged and continue checking his email.

“What can I get for you?”

Finally, she said.

“Ice americano, two shots. And one medium beef panini.”

“Ice Americano, two shots and one medium beef panini. Anything else?”

“No, thank you. How much is it?”

“It’s 9000 won.”

She rummages her wallet to get some cash but gave up after she can only see two notes of 1000 won.

“I’ll pay that. As well as hot Americano triple shot. And make the panini extra-large and cut half,” the low voice stopper her hand middle air, the guy behind the counter added his order and swiped his card quickly, “Why you’re here? Wait there. There’s a long line behind.”

Taeyeon literally became statue where she was standing, Minho needs to push her aside to wait their order.

“Why did you pay that?”

“I cannot even treat you coffee?”

“Is this because I don’t have money?”

“Who cares about you and your financial struggle? I just saw you’re upset before, maybe you’d like to talk about it.”

“Not every problem can be solved with coffee, Mr. Choi.”

“You sound like my father’s driver just now.”

“Might as well be one. Maybe I can fix my rent problem.”

“Are you okay?”

“My professor went mental. She sent my research resume to the sister school program my university has with the university in Italy and Australia. They liked the theme and wanted me to prepare presentation when their students come to visit next month.”

“Isn’t that great?”

“With the project you gave me last week and my own thesis to finish? Not to mention the classes I need to teach? I’m nearly exploded!”

Minho handed her the sandwich and ice coffee, “Don’t. I still need you.”

The words left Taeyeon slurping her coffee too loud, “Wow, those words might melt some girls around. And why suddenly my panini became this huge?”

“Your choice. You can share the half with me or keep it for your afternoon snack,” he winked, and Taeyeon’s sure her face is as red as Minho’s sweater, quickly ducked her head to keep the panini inside her bag, “But judge by your figure, you could easily downed all of it in three bites.”

“Yaaa!! Ch—“

“Minho?”

Taeyeon almost fell first when Minho suddenly froze on their way. She’s about to complain but halted realized she’s very misplaced at the moment.

“Irene?”

“How are you?” she placed her hand casually on his forearm, his eyes fixated to those fingers, “The other day I was here, waiting for any chance maybe you’re getting your coffee. But did you get my email?”

He nods, and she smiles, still as beautiful as he remembered.

“Then why you don’t answer?”

“Projects, deadline, family, so many things to take care. I haven’t sat down properly these days.”

“Busy like a bee, as always.”

“Some things never change.”

“Do you think you have time to talk?”

Taeyeon’s dying to smack herself when she made noise with her straw again, on the other hand, Minho couldn’t thank her more.

“I’ll check my schedule later, okay? We have a meeting soon, right, Tae?”

He turned at his right, pleaded look hanging on his eyes, “Oh, yeah. Jinki probably is already waiting.”

“Oh, I’m sorry, I don’t know. You should’ve told me earlier. I’ll be on my email. Let me know.”

He nods again and reached Taeyeon by her wrist.

“Minho,” the tall man stopped immediately, almost get Taeyeon stumbled again, “Nice to see you.”

Minho didn’t answer, only smiled and dragged Taeyeon to the entrance. When they’re on the elevator and Minho still feels her eyes daggered to him, a sigh slipped from his mouth.

“I bet you have hundred questions on your mind.”

“I didn’t say anything.”

“Thanks for earlier. But I can’t answer any of that right now.”

“It’s okay, not my problem at the moment,” Minho’s lips curved up again, but looks tired, “But when are you going to give me the answer?”

He chuckled for the jokes, half of his heart feels bad involving Taeyeon to his issue, however, half of it is glad he had Taeyeon around.

“Later. When you’re not working in this company anymore.”

“Well, I have one and half month left. It won’t be long.”

She winked and walked out the elevator after the ding sound echoed inside the small room. Minho followed behind a bit later.

“Hmm. It won’t be long.”

***

“Tell me when will you be mine.. Tell me quando quando quando..”

A honey like voice blasted to the entire office when Jinki walked through the door behind receptionist desk. His face almost split ear to ear with the smile he wore. Bora, Wendy, and Hyeyeon already pulled out their phone and posted it in their instastories.

“Is he always like this?”

Suho stopped his work and cocked his head towards Taeyeon, “Singing, you mean?”

She nods, “He could easily pass any singing competition with that voice.”

“You should wait until Jonghyun joined him.”

“Don’t tell me.”

“I am at amazed myself. They’re smart, handsome, and have incredible voice. They’re basically outdid themselves. You know that they’re taken right? Though, during their birthday, you’d be shocked on how many presents they got.”

She asked Suho to shift closer to her and whispered, “Maybe someone needs to learn from them.”

“I know since the very first day I met you, you’re indeed a smart girl, Lee Taeyeon.”

“We can share a love divine.. Please don’t make me wait again..”

Jinki sang along and stopped by their desks, making her and Suho dismissed themselves at once.

“You sound happy. Kim Kibum learnt some new tricks?” Minho deadpans before Jinki could say nonsense things as he usually did.

“Practiced and mastered. I almost didn’t let him go to the airport.”

“There is a reason why you and Kibum are disgustingly made for each other.”

Minho typed something on his phone before shoves it before Jinki’s eyes.

 

From Kibaem     :

If you gave this man a hard time when I’m not around, I’ll fly the chopper by myself and drop a missile above your house!

 

And below that a selfie of them with Kibum nuzzled on Jinki’s neck, both didn’t seem have anything on besides the indigo quilt covering their lower part at very dangerous position.

“Lovely isn’t it? I can send you full series of that picture if you interested.”

“Thanks but, no,” Minho finished it with fake barf sounds.

Jinki snorted, mumbling it’s your own loss, and he dropped a file folder onto Minho’s desk, “Jonghyun asked me to give this to you.”

He scanned the file quickly and circled something with his pencil, “Where is he?”

“Jeju. He’ll return next week, remember?”

“Ah. Princess’s order.”

“The only one who can tackle a very Kim Jonghyun. I am still surprised up until this point.”

“Have you seen my sister?” Minho shakes his head.

“Hmm. He’s a female Kibum with your strength and your brother’s brain. She seriously only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter