CHAPTER FOUR

Like a Foxglove

CHAPTER FOUR

 

 

“Yoo-nah...” Taecyeon repeated her name in a slow manner as if he’s trying to take it in to his system. “Nice name.” He smiled again, revealing a nice set of pearly-whites.  

 

Taecyeon’s few words and slightest actions have an undeniable effect on Yoona. She could feel her cheeks burning. Is she blushing? She could not control herself as she returned the smile. Oh, wait! Was she really enjoying this moment with her target - her enemy? She frowned.

 

But, on second thought, although Taecyeon is an enemy, she should act like she is interested right? How can she make him fall for her if she will be a snub?

 

Crap! Yoona, composed yourself. ” She swore under her breath and forced an awkward smile again. She should act nice.

 

Taecyeon noticed that Yoona is not saying anything. She just smiled at him for a matter of seconds and… did he saw her puckered her brow? And now she is smiling again?  

 

“Yoona-ssi, is something wrong?” Taecyeon asked, slightly mystified.

 

“O- n- nothing!” She shook her head. “S-sorry, I’m just thinking of something.”

 

Yoona is not lying; there were actually a lot of things running in her mind right now. She thought she had planned out everything already. But, she realized now that there are details that she forgot to consider. What if he will ask where she stays? Or what is her job? Things are easier said than done. She made a mental note to address these things the moment she comes back to her hotel.

                             

“O, okay. May I offer you a drink then?” Taecyeon asked.

 

His eyes were not leaving her beautiful face. He noticed that she wore make-up tonight; and her outfit is quite revealing, yet she still gives off this innocent aura around her.      

 

“Thank you but no, I-I’m good.” She declined the offer.

 

“Kay. Um… You look a little different tonight…” He finally voiced out his observation.

 

But when he saw Yoona’s baffled expression, he defensively said,

 

“Please don’t get me wrong, it’s just that…that…you look very different from the first time I saw you and…and… your outfit…um… Aish, how do I put -”

 

Obviously, Taecyeon was struggling with words but his rambling was cut off by Yoona’s chuckle (which came out naturally).

 

“You look funny! You don’t need to explain. I think I know what you’re trying to say.” She said in between her snigger.

.

“Well, let’s just say that I’m trying to blend in?” She added.

 

“O, yea. You’re right.” He replied in agreement.

 

Yoona just smirked.

 

“So, may I join you here?” Taecyeon asked but before Yoona can answer, he asked again, this time in an apologetic tone.

 

“Oh - sorry. I’m being bold…” He scratched the back of his head again. “Are you alone? Or you have company?”

 

“Nah, it’s okay.” Yoona waved her hand. “My… my cousin informed me th-that she cannot come.” She is such a bad liar.

 

Thankfully it appears that Taecyeon didn’t notice it.   

 

“Well then, I can keep you company tonight cos’ I guess that you are new here, aren’t you?”

 

“Hmn, and I can guess that you’re a regular here, right?”

 

And with that, they stared at each other and shared a hearty laugh.

 

She looks so cute with her alligator laugh.” Taecyeon admired as he gazed at the woman in front of him.          

  

He cannot explain it but after just an hour of talking to this girl, he felt drawn to her. He is not a very trusting person; he doesn’t let his guard down easily, in fact, he was trained to be very cautious. But…, Yoona was very comfortable to be with and a good conversationalist as well. She is blessed not only with the goddess-like beauty and gorgeous body but also with a sharp mind. She’s brainy, decent, and…pure! He just knew it and he could feel it… and his heart fluttered

 

Yoona became uncomfortable with the way Taecyeon looked at her. What was it that she saw in his eyes? Admiration, how come? It can’t be! How can he admire someone whom he just met? She does not even make her move yet. Plus the fact that, according to her research, he has a girlfriend!      

 

Oh, maybe he’s a flirt…just like his sister!”’ She felt her blood boils at the thought.

 

Yoona decided that this will be enough for now. She had met him and they had a conversation. She pretended to checked on her wrist watch.

 

“Um…Taecyeon-ssi, it’s getting late so… I’ll go ahead.” She said as she pointed her thumb to the exit.

 

Taecyeon took a glance at his watch too.

 

“Oh, is that so...” He said a little disappointed, he wanted to spend more time with her. “I’ll walk you out then; the place is getting crowded…”

 

“No, it’s okay. I-” Yoona is going to refuse but Taecyeon cut her off.

 

“I insist. Trust me; it’ll be difficult for you to get through that crowd. ”

 

Taecyeon was right, the place is now jam-packed.

 

 “Okay.” She agreed.

 

And she was thankful that she did because if it wasn’t for Taecyeon’s protective arms around her, she must have shove around by the feisty crowd.

 

“Phew! Didn’t expect this club to be that crowded.” Yoona breathed out when they were outside.

 

“Told ‘ya… Trust the regular.” Taecyeon joked and winked at her.

 

“Arasso.” Yoona rolled her eyes but smiled.

 

“So, where did you park?” He asked.

 

“I didn’t bring my car; I’ll just get a cab.”

 

“No need. I can drive you home.” He was quick with his offer.

 

“No.” She was as quick with her reply. “Thanks but I can manage.”

 

“But, I insi-”

 

“Taecyeon-ssi, I can manage. Trust me.” Yoona was firm.

 

“Oh, okay.” He raised his hands up, conceding. “But…that’s my line you are using.”

 

She just smiled.

 

Taecyeon got her a cab. Before she gets in, he spoke.

 

“I’m happy to have met you tonight.”

 

Yoona smiled. “Thanks for keeping me company.” Then she grabbed open the taxi’s door when Taecyeon suddenly stopped her.

 

“Wait, here’s my card...” He gave her a toothy grin as he handed her the card.

 

Yoona accepted it and bowed. “Good night Taecyeon-ssi.” 

 

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

 

Yoona, in her pajamas was now lying in bed, with her long legs dangling on the side. She was recalling the events in the club with Ok Taecyeon. He seemed to be scary at first look, maybe because of his a little bulky physique, but after talking to him she can say that he’s a nice guy, smart, very charming, and a total gentleman. Warmth seeped though her by just remembering his gentle smile. Is she doing the right thing by making him pay in behalf of her sister? A part of her told her that she’s being irrational yet, a dominant part of her was crying out for reprisal. The same blood as Tiffany’s is running through his veins, so he needs to pay.

 

She decided to look for a place to stay and move as soon as possible, just in case Taecyeon will ask. Yoona also decided to make a trip to the Public Attorney’s Office to check her application.

 

She adjusted her position, getting ready to sleep when her phone rings.

 

“Hello?” She took the call.

 

/Yoona, Oh sorry. Did I wake you up?/

 

“Oh, Kyu? No…no. Why’d you call?”

 

/Your Dad told me that you went out of town?/

 

“Ah, yea. W-work…”

 

/Oh, so you’re working now…?/

 

Yoona noticed that Kyuhyun was surprised. She was sorry that she lied to him but she cannot let him know her plans either, because Kyuhyun will stop her for sure. So, she tried to cut their conversation short.

 

“Um… I’m working on a certain case.”

 

/Oh - okay. May I know where are you now?/

 

 “Um…Kyu, I’m sorry but I need to go to bed now. I need to be up early tomorrow. Thanks for calling.”

 

/Oh, sorry that I disturbed you. J-just take care. Goodnight Yoong./

 

“It’s okay. Goodnight Kyu. Bye.”

 

 

Yoona could only mutter a mental apology for her friend. She doesn’t want to drag him or anyone into her plans. She took a deep breath and brought herself to sleep.

 

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

 

Meanwhile, Taecyeon decided to head home not long after Yoona had left. It suddenly felt boring and empty without her presence, he didn’t understand why though.

 

Upon reaching his place, he had a bottle of beer and took a shower then settled on his king-sized bed. He finds it hard to sleep though. He couldn’t seem to erase the image of Yoona in his mind. He can vividly recall how she smiled at him; he can still feel the softness of her body against his arms and even the vanilla-like smell of her hair… He felt his body stiffened and again his heart fluttered.

 

Arrgh! Why do I feel this way?” He grabbed one of his pillows and smacked it on his face.

 

Then his phone rings.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” He took the call.

 

/Oppa… I didn’t wake you up, right?/

 

“Uh, Sica…no. Am just getting ready to sleep. Why’d you call?”

 

Taecyeon immediately recognized Jessica’s voice.

 

/This early? Anyway, well…because a girlfriend misses her boyfriend. Does the boyfriend miss his girlfriend as well?/  

 

“Uh…y-yea. Of course I do.”

 

/You didn’t sound like it…/

 

“Sica…”

 

/Arasso. Just kidding Oppa…don’t forget our date tomorrow okay?/

 

“Okay. Are you still in the hospital?”

 

/Nope, home already. I took the morning shift today. ‘Night Oppa. Saranghae./

 

“Good night Sica. S-saranghae.”

 

Jessica. How come he forgot about her? An hour of conversation with Yoona made him forgot that he is committed! That he has a girlfriend of two years, the sweet and understanding Jessica. He met her through one of his friend, Jung Yunho. Jessica is Yunho’s cousin.

 

I’m so sorry Sica… It will not happen again.” He made a mental apology to her.

 

Their relationship is quite unusual. They don’t see each other often; he was always out of the country to where his work will brought him. But he made it a point to communicate with her whenever possible. Taecyeon is thankful that Jessica understands their situation and is doing her best to make their relationship work. Maybe her profession had helped. Jessica is a doctor, a cardiologist to be exact and yeah, her job keeps her busy.

 

Taecyeon at times felt sorry for her because he knows that Jessica deserves someone better than him for the reason that he couldn’t give her a normal relationship. He tried talking to her about this but she always assured him that their set-up is fine with her and that she will love only him. But lately, she became really busy that they seldom talk. Sometimes he wondered if how long their relationship would last. With this in mind, Taecyeon fell asleep.   

 

 

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

 

 

As planned, Yoona went to the Public Attorney’s Office that morning and was more than happy with the result. She was accepted and can start working as soon as possible! She was pleased not only because it will go well with her plans but because it’s a dream come true for her. Yoona promised herself that she will never neglect her job nor her duties despite of having her own ‘mission’. She will also start looking for a new place. All of this is new to her; she was used of acquiring her necessities without making a lot of effort, all because of Seulong who, most of the time, has provided her with what she needs. Her moods changed with the thought of her brother. But she needs to be strong.

 

Yoona was thankful that she got her car; one of their drivers brought it to her. She bought a newspaper and drove to the nearest café. She came in and ordered. At first, she wanted to order her much loved espresso macchiato but preferred to have white chocolate mocha and mix berry delight crepe in the end. She settled herself in the table located in the corner. The place is not that huge but it gives off a warm and inviting atmosphere. She started to check the ads while waiting for her order, she was so immersed in what she was doing that she didn’t notice that somebody was already standing in front of her.

 

 “Hi Yoona-ssi.”         

                                                                 

Yoona was distracted when she heard her name; she instantly looked up to see the owner of that very masculine voice.

 

“Taecyeon-ssi?” Yoona’s surprised expression was evident. She didn’t expect to see him this soon.

 

“Yep, we bumped into each other again.” Taecyeon smiled. “May I join you while I’m waiting for somebody?”

 

“S-sure.”

 

He took a seat in front of her. Then Yoona’s order came. Taecyeon stared at the food and a smile formed on his lips.

 

“Hmn, white chocolate mocha and mix berry delight crepe, perfect combination and one of the best here.” He commented.

 

“Oh, seems that I discovered another one of your dens again. Let’s see…”

 

“Go ahead…” Taecyeon let out a small chuckle.

 

Yoona took hold of the mug, steam slowly rising from it and the rich aroma tickled her nostrils. She took a sip, savour it for a second…

 

“So?” Taecyeon was curious.

 

“Hmn, you’re right. It’s really good.” Yoona said and gave him a thumbs-up.

 

“Wait ‘till you tasted that…” He said while pointing at the delectably looking crepe in the saucer.

 

Yoona excitedly scooped a teaspoonful and stuffed it to .

 

“Uhmn…”

 

…and another teaspoonful…

 

“Hmmn…”

 

She kept on bobbing her head while chewing.

 

… and one more…

 

“Uhm, it melts in my mouth!” She exclaimed gaily.

 

Taecyeon just gave her an ‘i-told-you’ smile.

 

This girl is amazing! Other girls would be self-conscious and will try to eat prettily in front of a guy…”  Taecyeon thought.

 

But the girl in front of him eats without a care in the world and yet, still maintained her poise! Another trait that made Taecyeon admire her. He can’t help but stare at her. He was lost for a moment until he felt his phone vibrated in his trouser's pocket.

 

“Uh, excuse me. I’ll just take the call.” He excused himself after knowing who is calling. It’s Jessica.

 

“Sure, go on.” She was grateful for the distraction because Taecyeon’s stare made her a little uncomfortable. She watched him stood up and went at the other side.

 

At last, I can enjoy my food in peace.” She gladly thought and continued eating.

 

Taecyeon came back after a while.

 

She cannot come...” He said as he sat back.

 

"She? Must be his girlfriend..."  Yoona thought, yet, she couldn’t read his expression; she was not sure whether he was sad or glad?

 

“Oh. Well then, it’s my turn to keep you company…” She offered good-naturedly.

 

…This earned her a wide smile from Taecyeon.  

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the long wait my dear readers and thank you for your support. Thanks as well to the new subscribers. Please enjoy and comment.