CHAPTER TWO

Like a Foxglove

A/N: To my dear subscribers, viewers, and to those who left their comments, I want to thank you all. *bows…bows…bows*  Your support is so inspiring ;) Also, I decided to mark this story rated because there might be a bit (very slight) of mature scenes in the future.

Here is the second chapter… Enjoy!

 

 CHAPTER TWO

 

Yoona sat on the chair at the bedside. She was supposed to be very happy now that she is reunited with her family. But she cannot be fully blissful because of what happened to her only brother. She gently grabbed hold of Seulong’s left hand, caressing it lovingly.

“Oppa, why did you do such thing? She doesn’t deserve your love...please open your eyes…” she piteously cried again.

“Oppa, aren’t you happy that your Yoong is back? You promised to treat me to the best restaurant…and I’m already here. Oppa…” Yoona with eyes b with tears softly planted a kiss on top of her brother’s hand.

Just then, the door opened revealing a man that Yoona had presumed to be the same age as her. He’s tall and lean, handsomely dressed in a white laboratory coat.

“Uhm…I’m sorry to interrupt you Miss but I’m doing my rounds, needs to perform some checks. I’m Dr. Cho, his attending physician.” He was staring intently at her and extended his hand for a handshake.

“Oh, I’m Im Yoona”. 

“I know”

Yoona, thought she heard him say something but she ignored it and continued.

“How’s my brother? My parents told me that he’s been unconscious for almost five days now. What’s exactly is his condition right now? When will he wake up?” she shook hands with the doctor as she bombarded him with questions.

“I’m so sorry for what happened to your brother and I’m afraid to say that his condition is somewhat serious, he’s even fortunate that he survived…”

“Fortunate? Seriously Dr. Cho! In this condition?” Yoona glared at him while pointing at Seulong.

“He had taken potassium cyanide; it releases a highly toxic chemical asphyxiant that interferes with the body's ability to use oxygen and-”

“P-potassium cyanide?” Yoona interrupted him with so much fear in her heart. “It can be rapidly fatal. I had a case study before that involved potassium cyanide”.

“That’s right. It particularly affects those organ systems most sensitive to low oxygen levels like the central nervous system, primarily the brain, as well as the cardiovascular and the pulmonary system.” the doctor explained.

“Oh…” was the only word that came out to Yoona’s mouth.

She was so distressed. Was her brother too desperate? What exactly happened between Seulong and Tiffany? Too many things filled her already troubled mind. Too many questions… and she will go all-out to seek the answers. 

She was stirred in her trance when the doctor spoke again. She stared at him.

“I said that he was lucky because his intake was below the lethal dose and that his stomach acidity was unusually low, so he survived but sadly, he’s in coma…” he continued despondently.

“But, I’m sure that…that there’s still something that you can do, right? Please…I beg you, help my brother please…” Yoona’s tears threatened to fall again as she feebly pleaded.

“Don’t worry Yoona, I will do everything to help Seulong. He is my friend after all.” The doctor said, he is hurting just looking at her.

Yoona knew that she was not mistaken when she heard him addressed her informally.

“Thank you. Did you just say that my Oppa is your friend?” She was curious.

“Yes, he is…” he paused and continued, “Yoona, don’t you really recognize me?” he asked, a little bit frustrated.

“Dr. Cho? Cho…” Yoona was thinking deeply while examining his attractive face and…

“Kyu! Kyuhyun, is it really you?!” She could hardly believe it!

“No other! Psh, it seemed that you’ve totally forgot about me Yoong…” Kyuhyun feigned disappointment.

“Oh, I’m sorry Kyu, it’s been ages since the last time we saw each other. Your father was the one who picked me up in the airport.” Yoona stood up and hugged him. Kyuhyun hugged her back.

“I’ll forgive you now…since the choding that I knew back then, grew up to be a very beautiful woman.” He winked at her.

“Psh, you’re still the evil Kyu that I know ten years ago.” she poked his chest playfully. However, sadness took over her again when she glanced at the lifeless form of her brother.

“Come on Yoong, let’s talk over tea at my office.” Kyuhyun invited her when she noticed the change in her expression.

“But…what if Oppa will wake up and I’m not here…” Yoona tried to decline.

“We’ll go back here immediately; I’ll call a nurse to watch over him.” he assured her.

Yoona hesitated for a while before agreeing. She took a glace at her brother before they walked out of the room.  

The two of them chatted and caught up with each other’s lives from the time Yoona left for New York.

 

****************

 

It’s so good to see her again after a long time…” Kyuhyun thought to himself after Yoona left to go back to Seulong’s room.

Yoona is skinny usual; but he noticed that she is visibly taller compared to most of the woman her age; and her hair is now longer than before.   

Once again, I had stared at her doe-like eyes that sparkled uniquely despite her lack of sleep…, her perfect nose… and her luscious, pink lips…” He had a clear mental picture of Yoona.

Kyuhyun likewise observed that she is still not a fan of make-ups, which he thought that she really doesn’t need because she possesses that rosy-white cheeks that seem to glow and that milky, creamy skin that looks so soft like a baby. Yoona’s naturally beautiful…not just outside but also in the inside.

Yoona-ah, I’ve waited for you until now…” Kyuhyun closed his eyes as he imagined the girl of his dreams. Yoona’s face and features will forever be etched in Kyuhyun’s mind…and heart.     

 

If Yoona only knew how ecstatic he was when he learned about her homecoming. Kyuhyun is not the person who puts too much attention in his looks (well, we know that he looks good in any way) but he prepared himself for this day. He went to salon the other day to have a new haircut. He bought pairs of new shirts, trousers and shoes to complete the make-over. In fact, he came a bit late today because he kept on changing his outfit and after the fifth change, he settled with what he is wearing now. He is willing to undergo all of this, hoping to attract Yoona’s attention; that she will look at him not only as her friend but something more. 

 

 

*****************

 

 

Seulong’s condition remained the same for more than two weeks now. Yoona was always at his side waiting for him to wake-up. One night, whilst she was sitting on the bedside chair again, reading softly from the page of Seulong’s favorite book, from the corner of her eye, she saw her brother’s left arm moved. Yoona shifted her position to have a better look. She was now facing him, closely observing his left arm…but there is no movement at all!

“Oh, maybe I am just imagining things.” She was disheartened.

She then transferred her gaze in Seulong’s face. His eyes are still closed. His facial expression is so tranquil and his body is motionless.  

“Oppa…Oppa… Please open your eyes…please come back to us now…” Yoona tenderly his arm until suddenly, she felt it move! Seulong’s fingers are moving! 

“Nurse! Nurse! Call Dr. Cho please… My brother!” She screamed frantically.

 

Her brother was awake!

 

 

 

 

Hi, Faye’s here. Short chapter isn't it? But in this chapter I wanted to show the very reason for Yoona’s revenge. As a loving sister, her heart broke for what happened to Seulong. She believed that her brother does not deserve any of this. So she wanted to give him justice. Kyu was also introduced here. Taec will appear in the next chappie :)

If there’s something that you don’t understand or something

that confused you, please don’t hesitate to ask me.

THANK YOU :)

  

 

 

Comment’s replies:

@ caramel_mint- thanks for your support sis

@ Angel_Kiss – thanks loads, updated

@ Tinywings – mwaaH! Thanks for the unending support dongsaeng

@ bona1228 – thank you. I’m sure you’ll be happy with the end pairing, hoping that you will continue to give me your support

@ strawberi1928 – thanks a lot, updated

@ michiusa - *hugs u* you are one of my inspiration, one of the reason why I decided to try so thank you. Your questions will be answered as the 

                          story progresses :)

@ kirafatha – thank you, updated.

@ SuJuKyle – thank you for expressing your thought. I’m sorry that you find it  hard to understand because there’s no character description, I

                          actually did it on purpose to put a little suspense in the story. You will learn more about the characters as the story progress.