CHAPTER THREE

Like a Foxglove

CHAPTER THREE

 

 

YOONA’s parents without delay rushed to the hospital right after she informed them about Seulong. Now, the four of them are inside Kyuhyun’s office since the latter told them that there’s an important matter that he needs to discuss with them. Kyuhyun led them to the sofa set. Yoona and Mrs. Im sat beside each other while Kyuhyun and Mr. Im, took the two single sofas separated by the glass coffee table.

“So, Kyuhyun how’s my son now?” Mr. Im is eager to know.

“That’s exactly what I want to discuss with you Uncle…” there’s weightiness and a tad of hesitation in Kyuhyun’s voice. He paused and took a deep breath.

Kyuhyun’s restlessness and his cheerless expression did not go unnoticed by Yoona but she chose to keep mum and waited for him to continue.  

But, Mrs. Im was getting impatient. She wanted to know her son’s condition and she wanted to know it now! So she asked in a demanding tone.

“Kyuhyun, we want to know how Seulong is.”

Kyuhyun stared at the older woman, brushed his fingers in his hair and heaved a sigh once again before he answered.

“A-as you have already knew, Seulong is conscious now b- but h-he-…” Aish, Kyhyun find it really hard to disclose the news to these three persons in front of him.

It broke his heart when he learned about Seulong’s situation right now, how much more will be the effect to his own family? How Yoona will react? He knew so well that she is very close to her brother and that she values him more than anything or anyone else…        

 

Yoona lost her patience as well. “Kyuhyun, how’s my brother? I want you to tell us NOW! Is he okay?” Her voice was louder than normal. She doesn’t care if she sounded rude; she only wanted Kyuhyun to tell them straight. Yoona’s voice startled Kyuhyun. This was the first time that he heard her raise her voice at him; afraid to upset her more he continued.

“Seulong recovered from his coma but I’m sorry to say that he needs a surgery, his heart was affected and is very weak r-”

“What!? No!” Mrs. Im got hysterical! “Noooo…my son…” She was now crying her heart out. “My poor Seulong…”

Yoona doesn’t want to believe what she had heard. No! Her brother supposed to be fine now that he had regained his consciousness, right? Why things turned out like this? She was flabbergasted. She turned to hug her mother, hoping to get comfort and strength from her. But, even her mom was so crushed now. He saw her dad took and patted her mom’s hand. He looked at Kyuhyun and spoke.

“Then arrange for the surgery.”

“I’ll be doing that Uncle. A-and …there’s one more thing that you should know. Seulong also lost his voice.” Kyuhyun said not looking straight to the older man.

They should be better informed now than to wait for some other time. 

“What!? How could that be?” Mr. Im could also get hysterical at any moment now. Mrs. Im’s cries became even louder.

Yoona clasped her hand into as she shook her head vigorously. Her heart seemed to stop. This was just too much to handle. First, Seulong’s heart was affected and now Kyuhyun was saying that her brother lost his voice too? How could fate be this cruel to her brother? What has he done to deserve this much? Is there anything she could do to help him?

Kyuhyun stretched his arm and gently squeezed Yoona’s right shoulder. She looked at him…

“Why? How?” She weakly asked, unmindful of the tears that are now flowing freely down her cheeks.

“The toxin also affected his larynx and vocal cords. The infection resulted to the loss of his voice. I already contacted a laryngologistto check on him. Let’s just hope that the loss is only temporary. I-”

Kyuhyun did not finish what he wanted to say because Mrs. Im fainted. They rushed her to the emergency room.

 

 

******************

 

 

Taecyeon was standing in the middle of the fabulous living room of Ok’s mansion. He was holding and staring into the frame in his hand. It is their family photo. He missed his mom…and his Noona too. When was the last time that he was here? Was it a year? Or two? He cannot remember.

 

“What are you doing here?”   

Taecyeon was startled by that authoritative voice that he nearly drops the frame that he was holding. He turned to look at the owner of the voice.

 

“Appuji” He bowed and placed the frame back in its place.

His father looks the same. Still wearing that stern and unreadable face. He looked at him disapprovingly. Taecyeon heard him snort before he asked again.

“Have you changed your mind? Have you realized that I am right all this time? That being an agent will take you nowhere. Why don’t you just be like Siwon and Tiffany?”

“I only came here to see Umma and ask about Noona.” Taecyeon politely said.

He saw that his father’s expression changed when he mentioned his sister. He was about to say something again but…

“Taecyeon! My son…” Mrs. Ok called; she was half-way down the stairs.

Taecyeon ran to his mom. He hugged and kissed her. Oh, how he had missed her. He always wanted to be around her, but the conflict that he had with his father made it impossible.

“Umma, I missed you…” He hugged her once more.

“Me too, my son. Umma missed you a lot.” Mrs. Ok glared at his husband before turning to her son. “Come, let’s talk upstairs.”

Taecyeon put his arm around his mother’s shoulder and led her to the family room upstairs.

“How are you Taec? Are you alright? Are you eating well? D-”

“Umma, I’m perfectly fine.”

He raised his right arm, showing off his firm muscles.

“Don’t you see this?” He asked while cocking his brow.

“Arasso!” Mrs. Ok playfully slapped her son’s arm.

She was smiling yet her eyes are getting teary. How she missed his youngest! He is the sweetest of the three. Even sweeter than Tiffany. Oh… her Tiffany… Taecyeon should know.

“Taec, have you heard about your sister?” 

“Yes Umma, that’s one of the reason why I came home. Where is she now? What happened?” Taecyeon inquired.

“Until now, we don’t know where and I don’t understand why she left either. She was supposed to be engage to her boyfriend, a decent man and son of one of your Appa’s friend…” Mrs. Ok paused and took a deep breath.

“…but she ran away with another man a week before their engagement.” She continued; a mixture of sadness and confusion was written on her aged yet beautiful face.

“I will find her Umma…don’t worry too much.” Taecyeon kissed her forehead.

 

 

******************

 

 

Yoona removed the flowers in the vase and threw it in the nearby bin; she then replaced it with fresh tulips that she brought. After washing her hands, she came near Seulong’s bed and pulled the chair beside it and sat.

“Oppa…”

She tenderly touched his face which she observed to get thinner and paler everyday. Once again, melancholia and resentment enveloped her. Her heart shattered into a million pieces every time she stares at this pitiful sight. A single tear rolled down her right cheek but she quickly wiped it with the back of her hand.

“I cannot let this pass Oppa. She will pay!” She murmured and stood up. She planted a kiss on her brother’s forehead before heading to the door.

She will seek justice for Seulong. She will get revenge!

 

 

*****************

   

   

With the help of her IT specialist cousin Im Nana, Yoona had gathered all the information that she needs. She came to know that Tiffany is from the well-known Ok family who owns various companies, mostly Construction and Engineering Consultancy. Unfortunately though, she is untraceable at the moment. But this fact did not stop Yoona. If she can’t reach her, then someone she loves will do... She had known that Tiffany have two brothers, the older one is Ok Siwon, but he is already married and has two kids, and she cannot afford to hurt those little ones. So, her option and target will be the younger brother, Ok Taecyeon - the one whom according to her research was the closest to Tiffany.

Her eyes almost popped out from their socket when she looked at the picture that Nana had provided her. It’s HIM – the gorgeous and y man that she has bumped with in the airport. He is Tiffany’s brother!? Him?  Of all the people?

 

But it won’t stop her from carrying out her plan; it was his sister who ruined Seulong’s life, hurting him will be like hurting Tiffany as well. It will be even!

 

 

****************

 

 

Yoona told her parents that she will be working on a certain case and that she will be out of town for a few months. They are hesitant at first and they wanted one of the maids to accompany her but Yoona convinced and assured them that she will be just fine and an accommodation will be provided. She likewise promised to come home and visit her brother from time to time. Seeing that she has already made up her mind, Mr. and Mrs. Im was left with no choice but to agree.

 

“…but be extra careful my dear, I cannot take it anymore if something will happen to you.” Her mother affectionately said.

“Neh, don’t worry Umma.”

“Call us often okay? Come home every weekend if possible.” Mr. Im reminded her and patted her head.

“I will Appa…” She said, then she kissed them both and bid them goodbye.

      

She has planned her moves and she can wait no more to execute them. Tonight will be the best time to start.

 

 

*****************

         

 

Yoona checked in at Millennium Seoul Hilton Hotel. There is no time to waste. She quickly took a shower and got dressed. She put on her make-up, a little darker than usual; applied perfume and slipped on her black stiletto. She’s good to go. She looked at herself in the mirror once more. The person she is staring at is not exactly her. Dressed in a flashy silver tube chemise, top with black blazer and paired with shiny black, fitted skinny pants, Yoona pouted.  

 

“Aish! Do I really need to do this?” She grumbled to herself.

“Yes! I need to endure this for Oppa…Focus Yoona, focus.” It was like a magic word that gave her strength and courage.

 

 

*****************

 

 

“So, this is Club mASS, his favorite club.” Yoona thought as she took a sip of her orange juice, her eyes roaming around the place.  

“Hmmn…he has good taste.”

 

The place is cozy and the band that is playing is truly good. She took a sip again and looked around in search of that particular face.

 

“I wish that I’ll be lucky tonight.” She half-prayed.

 

She sat there for almost an hour but still no sign of Ok Taecyeon. A lot of guys had approached her, either offering her drinks or asking her to dance but she rejected them politely. She finished her second glass of orange juice and after asking for direction, she headed to the comfort room.

She was walking back to her spot when her phone rang. As she was looking for it in her purse, somebody bumped into her.

“Ouch!”

She lost her balance but had managed to stretch her arm and clutch on to something for support. When she regained her composure, she realized that that something that she is clutching is actually someone’s neck and she felt that both his arms were wrapped around her waist. She tilted her head to have a better view of his face. And…

“You!?” Yoona stared at him wide-eyed.

Although the place is dimly-lit, she recognized him and just like their first encounter, she was again mesmerized by his handsome face.

The man seemed shocked as well and he was gazing intently at her, as if scrutinizing every inch of her face. Then he spoke.

“Omo! It’s you. We literally bumped into each other again.”

 

“N-neh, seems like this bumping-with-each-other thing is getting a habit.” Yoona said with sarcasm and tried to free herself from him. He let go of her when he was sure that she’d steadied herself.

“O - oh… I’m sorry again. I hope you’re not hurt.” He bowed, smiled and scratched the back of his head.

“I-I’m fine.” She stuttered.

Even his smile is captivating! Yoona knew there and then that her mission will be rather knotty but she is determined to succeed.

“Um- by the way, I’m Ok Taecyeon.” He smiled and stretched out his arm to her.

“I know…”  Yoona cynically thought. She purposely smiled sweetly and reached to shake his hand.

 

“I’m Yoona.”

        

 

 ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Hey guys! So, what do you think of this chapter? I feel sorry for Seulong but I need to create a situation that will fuel Yoona’s revenge.

The next chapters will focus more on Yoona and

Taec, and Kyu in the sidelines.

ThanKS to those who

continue to support

this story :)