CHAPTER ONE

Like a Foxglove

CHAPTER ONE

 

FINALLY, the plane landed…oh, how excited she was! She missed her family a lot. She’s so happy to be back home…but there is another feeling that bothers  her…her heart is beating at an unusual rate, feels like she’s nervous…anxious…weird that she can’t explain it. “Oh, I’m just excited…” she calmed herself and brushed the thought away.

 

Meanwhile, another person was also hurriedly making his way out to the waiting area. It’s quite some time since he last stepped in the Korean airport. He’s checking his messages…his friend is already waiting for him.       

 

Yoona quickened her step to the waiting area, just then…

“Ooucchhh!” She found herself sitting on her bottom to the cold floor. She looked up, only to stare at the tall, muscular (that explains the impact) and very attractive man gazing down at her. He’s wearing a simple white V-neck shirt and black denim pants; a black jacket is hanging on his right shoulder and a black luggage bag on his right hand. But despite that simplicity of garb, he looks gorgeous. Yoona was impressed! Not that she hasn’t met his kind; in U.S. she was surrounded with beautiful people.

“Lawrence is handsome too” she thought. But this one is exceptionally striking.  He is an example of absolute male perfection. He was like no other male she had seen.

She only came back to her senses when the man spoke.

“Omo! I’m so sorry, let me help you” he extended his long arms which Yoona timidly took, for she knew that she needed his support, that fall made quite an impact.

“It’s okay, my fault. I wasn’t paying attention on my way…” she bowed slightly and started dusting her white skinny jeans just to hid her uneasiness. The man bent down to picked-up her pink luggage bag and pink Chanel handbag.

“Here, I hope that you’re not hurt” as he handed her things, sincere concern was written on his handsome face.

“Thanks. I’m fine, really. ” Yoona gave him a re-assuring smile. “Uhm, I’ll be going…” she bowed and turned to leave.

“Uh…yea. Sorry again.” he said and bowed as well. “Hmmmn, such a beauty! So natural and so fresh!” he admiringly muttered.

 

 

*****************

 

 

“Yo, man! Good to see you again.” Nickhun greeted Taecyeon with a hug.

“Yo, same here man!” the latter hugged back.

“You really happy to be home huh? You’re smiling widely!” Nickhun noticed and nudged his friend.

“Psh, it’s just that something interesting happened just now. By the way, thanks for picking me up”. Taecyeon expressed his gratitude.

“ Oh, no problem Taec, so wanna come to my place?” he asked as they approached the waiting Audi RS3 Sportback.

“Whoa, nice toy you’ve got here man” Taecyeon complimented his friend’s car.

“Haha…Thanks. Victoria always got jealous of her!” Khun chuckled as he spoke of his fiancé.

“So, my place?” he then asked.

“Uhm, maybe some other time Khun” Taec replied.

 “Okay, so to your parent’s mansion then?” Nickhun inquired.

“Psh, Khun, you knew better than that”, the older of the two answered in a slightly annoyed tone.

“Okay, so where do you want me to drop you, at your penthouse?” the younger asked again.

“Yea please…” Taecyeon’s forehead wrinkled for a while and… “Oh, wait no. I haven’t been there for quite long, need to check it first tomorrow. I think I’ll just check-in to the hotel for a night, to Marriot then.” he decided.

“Fine, but let’s grab something to eat first. I’m famished!” Khun said. “And so am I!” Taec agreed.  

 

 

*****************

 

 

“Will I meet him again? I hope so…” Yoona dreamily thought. “Seriously Yoona…get hold of yourself, you didn’t even know his name!” she silently reprimanded herself.

She was already in the waiting area and trying to spot that familiar face of her beloved brother for he promised that he will be the one to pick her up. She can’t find him; instead a middle age and sad-looking man approached her and told her that he is the driver that her dad sent. Yoona stared at him and after a matter of minute; she recognized him. He’s one of his dad’s trusted men.

“Uncle Daejun!” she exclaimed.

“Aghassi, I’m glad that you still remember me. It’s nice to see you again. You look even prettier.” He said happily and then took Yoona’s luggage bag and led her to the car.

“Of course Uncle…and thanks but I’m still the choding Yoong. Oh, by the way, may I know why Seulong oppa didn’t come to pick me?” Yoona inquired.

“Ah..uhm..I..I am sorry Yoona, but I’m not in the position to tell you”, he stuttered uncomfortably.

“Wae? Is something wrong? Please tell me…” her heart beats faster as she pleads.

 

Upon reaching their mansion….   

      

“Umma…Appa…Oppa, where are you?” Yoona began calling them upon entering the luxurious structure. Nobody answers.

“Umma, Appa, Seulong Oppa…I’m home! Yoong is home!” she tried calling them again, this time in a bit louder tone.

She started the climb the long stairway that leads to the second story of the mansion where the master bedroom, her room and Seulong’s room are located.

She chose to check on her parent’s room first. She doesn’t want to admit it but she feels that something must have happened. Her family is well-aware of her arrival yet it seems that nobody is here to welcome her. She opened the majestic door, she look around but no one is there.

“Umma…Appa…”, she called out and go to the bathroom…but nothing. “Oh gawd…where are they? Please tell me that everything’s okay…” she prayed and hurried outside, heading to her brother’s room.

“Aissh, why is it that this house is too big…” she cursed while she ran to Seulong’s room, it took her almost 6 minutes to reach it. She opened the door and she saw her mom in front of the wardrobe cabinet, the doors had been carelessly flung open, she’spulling some of her brother’s clothes, an open luggage bag is beside her.

“Umma…I’m home” and she ran to her.

“Yoona, my dear Yoona…”, she began to cry loudly as she hugged her daughter.

“Oh, I miss you Umma…also Appa and Oppa. But where are they?” she inquired while hugging her mom back.

 

“Oh Yoona…, you’re brother…Seulong is…he is in the hospital right now”, Mrs. Im continued to cry.

“Ho…Hospital? Why? Is Oppa sick? ”, Yoona is really getting nervous.

“He…he tried to commit…suicide.” her mom blurted out.  

“Wh-what!?” her eyes widened in shock. Her brain could not even process what her mother had said.

“O-oppa? Su-suicide?”  she still couldn’t believe what she’d heard.

Her mother nodded. “Oh, how could he be so stupid?!”

“But…wae? Why Oppa did it?” Yoona was now crying.

Her mom shook her head from side to side.  “All for a woman who does not even deserve his love!” she wept painfully.

Yoona was speechless for a moment. She was devastated! She reached for her mom and hugged her again. “What did she do to Oppa?”

“Seulong left a note stating that Tiffany, his fiancé cancelled their engagement and left him for another man”, her mother explained.

“Where is that woman now?” Yoona couldn’t bring herself to mention the name that brought so much pain to her brother.

“I don’t know and I don’t care, what’s important now is your brother. I only went home to get his things, come, let’s go back to the hospital”, she sensed resentment in her mother’s tone.

 

At Seoul National University Hospital…

 

A seemingly lifeless young man is lying in bed with a lot of tube connected to his body. Beside him is another man in his early 50’s. His nose and mouth is covered with a mask, staring at the patient, a worried expression is evident in his face. But he managed to let out a smile when he saw who entered the room.

“Yoona-ah…” he dearly called. Yoona approached and hugged her dad dearly.

“Appa…how’s Oppa? He will not leave us, right?” as she whimpers like a child in her dad’s arm.

“No, honey…Seulong will not leave us. He’s a tough guy, he can survive…”, her dad placated her.

After Yoona has calmed down, she told her parents that they can go home and take a rest.

“It’s okay Yoona-ah, you’re the one who needs rest, you might even have jetlag, it’s quite a long flight from U.S. up to here”, her dad refused.

“I’m okay Appa, besides, I want to be with Oppa for now, I missed him…”, she tried to suppressed her tears that’s about to fall again.

“But…” her dad tried to protest.

“Please…Appa, please… ” Yoona begged.

“Alright, but try to take a rest okay? Just use the other bed.” her dad finally gave in.

“Yea. Thank you and take care.” she walked them to the door.

“We’re so glad that you’re here with us again Yoona-ah, my princess is getting more and more beautiful”, her dad said and kissed her forehead.

“Me too, Appa”, she can’t afford to say that she’s happy because of her brother’s condition. Her mom hugged and kissed her as well

“Take a rest my dear…we’ll be back tomorrow. I’m thankful that you’re back safely”.

“Yea. I love you Umma”, she hugged back. And with that, her parents left.

 

 

 

A/N: So guys, what do you think of this chapter? Please leave your thoughts. Thank you smiley