TWO

She, The Spotlight.

The party was still going, the waitress were all out serving the last of the party. A party which she was supposed to be but instead she was at the kitchen watching Wendy rolling her sleeve taking a serious look as she took out the ingredients.

“I’m telling you, you are gonna beg for more of this.” Wendy said no really looking at Irene. A softly chuckled escaped from .

“Oh really?”

Irene wasn’t fascinated about her cooking skills, she paying more attention to the girl itself. Maybe it was the alcohol she drink before stepping outside but sure thing she was having every kind of thoughts.

She stood there watching how the girl move along, she couldn’t take the smile on her face, it was a simple sandwich but the girls was so into in. Taking a glass of champagne and sitting up the counter, she keeps wondering why she was rather content about being here and no out there.

“You are dressing as a waitress but you are a chef. Isn’t supposed to chef have a white attire?”

A door swung open, both girl stared to the one of the employees, he looks surprised for the moment but nevertheless he took another tray and leave the girls.

“I don’t like using my uniform. We are the same so all of us used the same wardrobe.” Wendy flip once again the piece of food on the pan before placing it on a white plate, she looked proud for the record.

“You done?”

“Yes, try it!”

Irene went off the counter leaving her glass beside, a quick glance to the girl before grabbing the freshly made sandwich, she couldn’t chuckle but the fact that she was here tasting the food was really funny.

Taking a bite she could feel herself melting with the cheese. She was in heaven, her food take her to another level of heaven and it was just a simple sandwich. How it was that possible? She closed her eyes, caring less about who was there, right now it was just she and the piece of happiness.

“You like it?” Her voice was a plus in this utopic version of this world.

“It’s perfect, like ridiculous perfect.” She finished her food. And just when eyes dare to open she could see the goofy smile on the girl and were her eyes, those hazel eyes that have the gut to make her heart skip a beat.

“I’m glad you think that. You know I would have never imagine that you, Irene, the Bae Irene would be here eating my food. I must tell you make one of your fan the happiest fan ever.” Wendy said with such a glad, that even the little jump she had to take to sit on the counter, found the actress smile widely and even when it was just a silly act, she thought how cute the girl was.

“So, now that you finished what are you going to do?”

Irene furrowed her eyebrows, she knew she need to appear to the party, it would seem rude of her to just disappear and not say goodbye to their “friends” but she knew there wasn’t any more excuses for her to stay.

“I guess I need to go out now.” The feeling of leaving the kitchen were devastating for her. Not only she would leave the cutest girl she ever met but she would have to take once again the façade.

“Geez, you sound like you would go straight to hell. They aren’t that bad, right?”

“That’s because you don’t know them but doesn’t matter, I need to go.” Irene took the last sip of her drink before turning her body to the chef. With her hand extended.

“It was really nice meeting you Wendy. You saved me from boredom.” If Wendy was a little puppy probably her ears would be upright while the tail move side at side. The content on her face was priceless.

“Anytime!” Wendy replied with joyful voice, almost like a five years old girl.

 

It was a shame, Irene thought, when she step out the kitchen and saw the same people drunker than before, she already miss the girl but she didn’t want to see as someone desperate. So with that in mind she brave herself to whatever the night has prepare.

The lights were playing at the mercy of the whatsoever song was on. She settle down at one of the table that were available.

“Great party don’t you think?”

She heard someone say. She was about to answer with a big no when her eyes spotted the little chipmunk at far taking the empty trays, yes, somewhat along the conversation she had with the chef, the image of a cute chipmunk jump to her mind. Wendy resembled to one, her puffy cheekbones were her charm.

“Great party.” She found herself saying smiling at the sight of the cute girl

 

 

“After the segment with Ryan you will have to jump on the car and go to the set, the photographer it’s kind of special so you better behave. You still have the dinner with the director, remember? We can’t postpone anymore. Your mother called by the way, she told me to remind you about your sister game, she say and quote “You better be there or I will drag you.” And we also…”
 

“I beg you to stop, please.”

It wasn’t even 10 in the morning but she was already exhausted about today schedule. A headache starting to form wasn’t an excuse to take from her manager, he was used to after many time she got it.

“Sorry Irene, I know it’s a lot but we need you to clear all your pending so we could work on your movie.”

“This is going to be the end of me.”

They were currently taking breakfast at her favorite place from LA. She was slightly content she get to eat her favorite meal but it was soon crushed when her manager came at the scene and sat down.

“So, are you still moody? My manger put aside his tablet and his note to look right after me.

“What you mean moody?”

“Irene, unless you were PMS, which I doubt it, last week you went to kill me please to… I don’t even to where. You got that smile on your face. Did something happen at the party?”

The party, Irene thought about it and immediately her thoughts went to a pair of hazel eyes. Yes, a week has already passed and she was still thinking about the little chef she met there. She regret, the moment she step in her car, no asking about her number or at least where she works. She could called her and invite her for something.

“Nothing happen, I just talk to the same people.”

“Well it must be a pleasant talk, I would swear you would be all hellish when I went to pick up. Anyway, last but not least, you have dinner with Elisa.”

“Who?”

“Really Irene, do I have to remind you about every person you met?” No everyone.

“I don’t recall any Elisa.”

“She is the daughter of Marco, the producer, I heard she wants you to invite you to her birthday party and of course you are going, so you better say yes.”

I knew better to just nodded and say yes to everything he was saying. He was my manager after all.

“Cheer up, after this you are going to be free for two whole weeks.”

Irene’s ear perk up at the statement, she was always happy to hear the word free and weeks together. Suddenly an idea pop up in her mind. She could talk to the people at the party and find out the number of the chef.

“Irene are you listening?”

“Not at all” With a drink of her orange juice, she terminated her plan.