ONE

She, The Spotlight.

The lights were on her as it was necessary to carry on a little bit more her fame, a bunch of pair of eyes were glued on all her. The public already excited to hear her. The hosts were ready to devour the young girl, throwing any type of questions that weren’t relatable to her career.

After all she was the famous Bae Irene. A young actress that, in word of the critics were a promising one. Being nominate to best actress beside other famous name that always get the call in this kind of shows.

“Welcome back to Starry Night’s Show, I’m Georgina Blues…”

“And Steven Berry, we are here with the prettiest girl on earth, if you allow me to say Georgina.”

“Of course, even I have to admit it. She is gorgeous. Let’s welcome the amazing star from You and I, only us movie… Bae Irene!” the public went wild clapping like excited seals.

Irene never comprehend what it was so amazing about her life, for all she get to know about herself, she was pretty boring person, though the fact she is famous because she got lucky about the few movies she starred were huge ones, she was still out of her why people need to know about everything.

Sure thing, she was a fan too but never really interested of their lives.

“Thanks for having me.” Irene just said while taking a glance to everyone around.

“Well, you sure are all know right now Irene, how you feel about it?”

“Well is… interesting, I guess I’m still learning how to be used to.”

“Well if you need help, I’m all yours” The male host said with a hint of slyness, Irene was kind enough to just laugh at that but her mind was a big no screaming.

“Talk to us about your movie? What can we expect on it?”

 

The show went on, couple question about her movie, couple question about her. The camera guy give the signal of being off the air, everyone cheered up, some were yelling her name, which she just wave her hand, smiling politely.

“It was nice meeting you Irene.” Georgina, a redhead, with a somewhat big nose and perfect teeth greet her, taking her hand shaking it up and down, a creepy smile adorning her face, if it wasn’t because Irene was a great actress she wouldn’t be able to smile back.

“Yeah,” Say the male host, his eyes never leaving her “It was really nice to meet you Irene, now honey, if you ever need someone to talk you can always come to me.” The fact that the host was creepy enough to get closed to her was more than obvious what his intention were. It wasn’t just talk with him.

“Thanks, I will keep that in mind.” She said but didn’t believe she would be alone with that man.

 

Fortunately, her manager, a tall man with a big beard and sunglasses on came in her rescue, with one last glance back at the staff she went happily to the van, she took her phone out, scrolling around without paying any attention until she was done.

“Can you turn the music?” She ask not really seeing her manager, she was tired and didn’t want to deal with anyone for the rest of the day. To be clear she has feeling that way lately, she knew about it and it was for sure wasn’t a good stuff.

The idea of going far away, to be lost and never be found was appealing. A little bit of peace, was all she ask for the moment. No more interviews, no more fakes façade, no more fake people and no more photo-shoot.

“You looked troublesome. What is it?” She looked back, this time she was surprised to see the tall man without his sunglasses.

“I’m tired, please tell me you are driving me home.” The apologetically smile of him was enough to say it wasn’t the end for this day, she still have a long day to walk in.

“At least you are going to a party at night, you can relax a little bit.”

“Relax? How can I, when all man are trying to get on me or when I have to fake I like those people? Seriously, I don’t need that right now.”

“Well, you are an actress, pretend you like it, looking it like you are in training to be the best on your job.”

She didn’t reply, it was exhausting already, the argument wasn’t going to deny the fact of going. It was just a party, she thought to feel release.

 

"You will have fun, don’t worry… now get out of here."

Irene was still mad at her manager, how he dare to get her out of the car. It was easy for him, he won’t be the one to exchange handshake and stand silly conversation.

With a deep sigh she stand outside the huge hotel, a red carpet was laying making the entrance be too fancy for the matter, cameras where everywhere, she recognized some of them. Tighten the hold of her purse she breathe out before making her entrance.

She was welcome for some guy she didn’t recall his name. He was nice but still the drunkenness of him would be her nightmare.

“I will see you later.” She said no waiting for a reply, with a fake smile she keep walking, the eyes were on her, she knew it.

The party itself wasn’t that bad, people were drunk but it was entertaining, some people were kind enough to just say hello and no bother her. It wasn’t the case to this particular man who keep talking to her since the moment she went for a drink at the open bar.

“Do you know how to climb? It’s really easy but the fear it what makes people not be good.”

“I see, you know how to climb then?”

“Of course Irene, honey, I can teach you if you want to.”

No in million times. “I don’t know.” The man who name was still unknown for her or maybe he did introduce but she already forgot.

“So, you came alone? I don’t want to steal you from any boyfriend.” He laugh as trying to hide his intention. Jack… she remember the name now, the bottle of Jack Daniel, remained her. She saw how he step closer to her, the cologne he was wearing was way too strong for her like.

“I’m on my own.” She said looking around, there wasn’t any particular spot for her to run and hide, maybe she should book up a room, rest there and then leave.

“Really, maybe we can spend this time together.” Irene switch her gaze from the Dj to him, noticing for the first time how close he was, one of his arms already behind her, his mouth inches from her ear. She felt the shiver in her body.

“Right, but I need to go to the restroom first.” Like she did early, she ditch the man quickly, his eyes never leaving her.

She wasn’t a saint, she need to admit that, she was beautiful, hot and young, she did take advantage of it sometimes but most of the time she rather be at home watching some tv or maybe the Master Chef show. She love the program.

The way to the bathroom was easy to find, it was his gaze that was hard to dismiss. She needed a plan to be away from him and it was like her luck came just in the right moment as the lights went off, probably part of the show. The lights turn in a purplish shade as the music chance, smoke started to appear and suddenly there were people with some stilts, dressing as buffoons. The guest were applauding, screaming and laughing excitedly.

Irene didn’t need to think twice, she ran down the place until she spot the kitchen, it was an odd place to stay in. people inside were already looking her weirdly. A smiled to hide her embarrassing, she passed the long kitchen until she got to back of the hotel. Right, she forgot she was in one.

The night was cold. It was colder than before, the fabric of her square scarf and the size of it wasn’t appropriate for this weather, why did she choose to bring that? It was beyond her. Her stylist must be the one to blame.

But still she stood there, leaning on the wall, hugging herself as she stared the stars above her, the dark alley provides her a space, privacy. She heard a pair of boys laughing while passing the alley, they were hanging out, she thought and so the fun they must have.

The music that for now were just mumble become loudly as someone open the backdoor. She feared it was that man again but she was prove wrong when it wasn’t someone tall as him, instead this person was small, even for Irene, though she still know that it was a couple inches down her. The long hair was a point to let her know it was a woman.

“Oh- uh?” The girl whose eyes were bigger than she ever seen, stared her in completely shock. Who wouldn’t? no one would ever thought on finding Irene in such a place when there was a party a few meter from her.

“Hi.” Irene said from nowhere, the girl was still in shock but nevertheless replied with a broke voice.

“H-Hi, hello there.” A big smile showed on her, Irene found it amusing how the expression of this girl were so intense.

There were standing in front of each other, the confusion was still there with them and not knowing what to say or what to do, a staring competition trying to decipher what was going on. In the end it was the girl who spoke first.

“What are you doing here? It’s cold and dark and. You shouldn’t be here alone.” Irene smile for a moment, she thought heard the concern on her voice. It was the first time.

“I should ask the same? You just came.” She replied. Her eyes were on the unknown girl for a brief of time. She would admit the girl was pretty, her eyes were and it was easy to get lost just staring them, and for that she opted to look once again to the stars.

“I guess you are right, I’m Wendy by the way, you don’t need to introduce yourself, it safe to say I’m a fan of you.”

“Thanks.”

“So, what are you doing here?” Wendy, she says her name in mind, she like the name already.

“I got bored inside.” Irene replied without any shame. “What about you?”

“Oh, it’s my break time.” At this Irene dare to look her, that’s when she notice the outfit, a waitress outfit. A simple white buttons blouse with a skinny black tie and a tight skinny black jeans that really fit her right, if someone ask her.

“I see. Well I guess I will leave you alone then.” She was about to step in when Wendy called her.

“You could stay if you want to, you say you were bored inside, I will just eat my meal if you don’t mind.” Irene saw how the girl took seat at the staircase, she saw the little lunch box. She really need to start pay more attention around her.

The idea of going inside made her feel empty and demotivated, so she took a seat beside the girl. Wendy didn’t waste time to offer part of her meal, Irene looked her disbelieving.

“I bet you didn’t eat inside, you like cheese sandwich?” The piece of bread splayed in cheese wasn’t the best look of it but the smell was totally different, still she decline the offer.

“Oh right, you probably don’t eat these stuff.”

“What that’s supposed to mean?”

“I-I mean greasy stuff, you are on diets always right?” Irene saw how the girl bite into her sandwich, the sole image was enough for awake her hungry, she would not say it loud but the time she saw that piece of heaven…er, food was all she was craving.

“Usually, yes, whenever I’m on projects.” Wendy nodded her, she was in her second bite until she saw the look on her, she giggled a bit before turning the sandwich, offering once again to Irene.

“Try it. Doesn’t look that good, I know but taste the best.”

Irene looked at her surprised, no by the fact of her offer but the sound of her laugh, she was already into that. The sound of her stomach growing, begging for just bite made her feel embarrassed but still she took the food between her hands and took a bite.

It was heaven after all.

“Good, isn’t? I don’t want to brag but I’m the best on doing this” Irene chuckled seeing the proud face of the girl, she return the sandwich.

“Thanks.”

“You are welcome, I can cook you one, if you want to.” Wendy said finishing the last pieces of it.

“Here?”

“Yeah, I’m in the kitchen, the food is already done, it would serve me the distraction.”

Once again Irene was found struggling of contemplating the idea but she knew it wouldn’t be a no answer.

“Alright, best cheese sandwich maker, surprised me.”

“Got it!”