FOUR

She, The Spotlight.

“Wendy” Irene said still freaking out about the fact of her being in the same place as the young actress. “How? Why... why?” Those question keep repeating over and over again. Then again she was a professional chef, apparently a good one but still, “what was she doing here!?”

 “Irene? Are you there?”

The actress turn her head hearing the voice of her best friend, Jaehyun, she turn her high heels into the entrance of the bathroom, pulling him inside too.

“Irene what the…” Jaehyun exclaimed as he found himself inside of the ladies’ room, obviously the girls staring him warily.

While he was panicked, the young actress was in front of the mirror cursing herself for hiding instead of just approach the girl, after all wasn’t she the most beautiful girl on earth or it was just another liar of the show business.

“Hello? Irene?” She hears him but choose to ignore him, right now she has biggest issues.

Why was she hiding? Is not like she needed to go and meet the chef but wasn’t she desperate to just see her? She was getting mad for no reason, her heart didn’t have the reason to beat that fast.

“Even when I enjoy seeing all…. Desperate?  Why are we hiding?” Irene saw him through the mirror then herself one more time. It was a kid’s stuff to hide her feelings. Feelings for a complete stranger. The more she thought about it the more ridiculous she find it.

“Am I being irrational?” She questioned.

“You are always like that but I think right now you are nailed it…. Irene what is going on?”

The actress didn’t say a word, she just took the moment to think about the situation. If there was a situation.

“Wendy is out there.” She said in a whisper.

“Aha, I forgot to tell you, I have been living in this human world for so long that I can’t read mind anymore.” Jaehyun saw how her friend rolled her eyes in annoyance. That provoked a tiny smile in him.

“Wendy, the Chef I met at the party after my interview with Starry Night.” A huge sigh escaped through her lips, she was making the situation bigger than it was.

“Yeah… that doesn’t tell me anything.”

“Jaehyun you are useless!” She took her moment to think about it, she could easily drop the party away and go straight to her house but then again her inner self was there pulling her legs to go and met the chef.

“I guess it won’t hurt to say hello.”

“Irene….”

“Just a simply hello and then go out from there.”

“Irene with who you are talking?”

“Just a hello.” The actress said, totally ignoring the words from her friend. “Just a hello… Jaehyun!” She said in tone loud, he startled about it.

“Jesus Irene, I’m standing right here.”

“I’m going to go and say hello, you wait up for 10 minute and then go and fetch me, did you understand?”

“Yes, then I will send you to the psychologist.”

“Yes yes, whatever.”

She said going straight to the door, with her mind setting on, she got a plan, she just have to stick in. what could possible go wrong? Right?

The moment she open the door the music filled the room, the chatting from the people came to her ears, she ignored them, her eyes were taking all effort of her to scan the area and search for a chipmunk-look-like-girl.

It was harder than she thought. Until she got the idea of where she could be.

“Hey the ten minute just passed are you going to be here all day?” Jaehyun said finally getting out of the ladie’s room.

“Change of plan.” She said already breaking up with her plan. “I will go and spend a bit more here, you can go if you want to.” She said walking away no waiting for an answer.

 

A jazzy music starting to play as the day started to end, the sun was almost ready to set and a chill breeze filled the place. She took a glass of champagne on her way. Taking a sip while she was welcoming to the messy kitchen, no one pay attention to her, even when she was the only dress up. Her eyes search for say girl and just when she spotted her a tiny smile walk on her lips.

Wendy was there, taking care of the presentation of the next food to serve, she had in hand a bunch of…. Well who knows what? She took another sip of her glass, the distance between the two girls was getting closer.

“Should I put it? Or not?” Irene heard Wendy said, moving her hand placing the green stuff above the plate just for her to put it away.

“They look better with some green color on it.” The actress said leaning over the table, beside the chef who just jump slightly in surprised.

“I-Irene?! Hi again!” Wendy said with such a joyful smile that almost. Almost make Irene to have a heart attack.

“Hello you.”

“What are you doing here?”

“I got invited.”

“Yeah, I can see that but what are you doing here?” Wendy said but just to make sure her question was it obvious, she stretched her arms as wide as she could. Irene of course found the antic very cute.

“I got bored” She simply stated taking the last sip of her drink, Wendy chuckled finding interesting how someone like Irene, Bae Irene, the famous actress couldn’t enjoy a party like the one outside.

“You got bored easily.”

“I know but since I saw you early I thought I could spare the remaining time here, if you don’t mind?” The last thing she wanted to do was to bother the little chef.

“I don’t, please make yourself home but… I need to finish this so just give me a moment.” Irene nodded, taking her empty glass and positioning herself behind the table, giving the most space she could.

This time Wendy became serious trying to get all done before the last event of the night, if her job was well done she was sure she could get a lot of contact and become someone around this business.

 

She was serious or thought Irene she was but inside Wendy’s mind a hundred million and more question were popping up one to another but the most intrigued one was why? Why was Irene here? The have met twice, two time in a row. She dared to look her, a simple glance to her just to see how she was talking with one of the new guys, a young boy with blond hair. She was friendly, Wendy deduced but seems to be lonely.

“Mark can you pass me the sauce.” The chef say interrupting they little chat.  The young boy nodded, smiling to the actress while saying goodbye. Wendy saw how Irene just sat down, looking everywhere, she dared to say she was looking amused about what was happening inside. She got an idea.

“Irene?” She asked her, signaling to come over, the actress nodded lightly. Walking elegantly to her.

“Yes?”

  “Taste this?” Irene saw how Wendy took a little spoon filled it with a little bit of sauce. “Tell me if it is sweet and spicy enough.” The actress looked her a little bit confused. If there was someone who doesn’t know about flavors was Irene, she just love everything.

Carefully she took a taste, and to be honest it could be the worst sauce, no that it was but still she could go and say it was the best.

“It is pretty good” The young actress said with a proud smile. Wendy looked at her for a moment before tasted it herself, nodding in advance.

“Yeah, it is. Thanks! Alright everyone, the food is serve now, go on!” The chef said passing the now ready sauce to her second chef. Wendy went to the fridge taking out a bag and a bottle of water.

“I hope you don’t mind but I’m taking my lunch now.” Irene shook her head, walking straight to Wendy, sitting beside her. She saw how the young chef took out a piece of sandwich, it was once again a sandwich, this time with peanut butter and jelly.

“It’s funny that having all the skill for cooking you decided to have that for dinner.” Wendy looked at her before staring at her own sandwich, she chuckled a little bit embarrassed by it.

“My mom always told me I had the taste of a child, I guess she is kind of right.” Irene laughed as she stood up, going to the fridge looking for the right ingredients, she smiled.

“Guess we can be both on that” The actress said making herself her own peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Wendy was beyond glad seeing the actress sharing her time like that.

As the night get deep, the party was still there and for Irene dismay the birthday girl show up at the entrance of the kitchen.

“Hide me” Irene said to Wendy who looked her confused. “Hide me, now!” The chef didn’t argue back, taking Irene’s hand she led her to the nearest closet.

“Is this ok?” Wendy asked not sure  closet could be a place to hide her, Irene saw how the birthday girl was coming close, so she think quick and without warning she get in pulling Wendy with her.

So there was two mindset going on inside the narrow room. One where just a simply and gray closet could turn into the happiest place, and the other one where that narrow room was filled with one and hundred thoughts but only one spark among the others.

“I guess is ok.”