NINE

She, The Spotlight.

Sooo, it's almost 3am here, i couldn't sleep, hope you enjoy the chap, I know there would be gramma mistakes, don't blame me, like i said it's 3am! I have a blast reading your comments! made my day! really! and for those who has read my story I will be eternally grateful :)! 

Have a nice day!!!

 

 

 

After their time at the coffee shop and a silly fight over who would pay for the beverages (which by the way Irene won, cause you know she won’t let the woman she likes pay) a little walk through the city seems like a good idea, there wasn’t many people out there, the time was their ally for the moment, Irene couldn’t recall the last time she went for a walk and not being paranoid about absurd fans or annoying paparazzi. It was really late and she made sure that nobody followed her when she left the house, even leaving the lights and other devices on, pretending she was at home.

 

This was her time with her, with Wendy.

 

But then something felt off, something that bothered her even though in order circumstances she would love it. Wendy’s dress, the night was a little cold and she remember how it was to walk around with such thin clothes on. Irene praise herself, inside her coat she wore a sweater, warm enough to not losing any heat.

“Here, you must be freezing.” Taking it off, Wendy right away tried to decline it, but who would go against Irene’s will?.

“Thanks…” A shyly voice that was like honey to the actress’s ears.

Both woman now walking, going through closed stores, one of them looking down in embarrassment but also grateful, and the other wearing a wide smile, feeling proud about her little action.

“How was your meeting? Did it ended late?”

“No, well a little bit late but I’m used to, after that I went home.”

“I know it might be sounds ridiculous to you but I can’t believe I’m actually walking and talking with you. Every time I saw you in TV you were so different.”

“Different?”

“Yes, like always reading a script… I’m not saying you are fake. Of course no, it’s just…”

“It’s ok, I know what you mean, I guess I might seem a little bit cold on TV but that’s only because I don’t want the audience or anybody else go beyond my privacy, one peek about everything should be enough.”

Wendy nodded, understanding where she came from, it must have been hard for the actress, though there were millions of people that would give everything to have what Irene had, she understand that is not that simple.

“Have you always wanted be an actress?”

Irene looked her, she was about to answer her, like reflect, she has been asked this before but with Wendy, she wanted to give her more than a yes. So she took her time, thinking hard about it but the answer was easy.

“Yes, since the first moment I put my feet on stage, I knew for sure, even though I only play a minor role that time in school, those minutes felt like a whole career and you know, I wanted to be far away from home.” Wendy didn’t expect that, far from home? Why? Her parents weren’t good to her? That thought didn’t feel right, who wouldn’t be good to Irene?

“My family and I don’t agree in many things.” The actress said like reading the chef’s mind.

“Like what?” Wendy was curious and she wasn’t sure how much she could ask. It’s not always easy to open up to someone and Irene... well she has always be a closed book to everybody. Why was she different? She would probably get ignored and scold about it but Irene didn’t say anything back, a serious look was there and Wendy didn’t like that.

“Sorry, I didn't mean to pry. You don't have to answer me.”

“It’s fine. It’s not easy.”

It’s not easy to come out, was her real answer but even with Wendy, she couldn’t say it.

Not yet.

Wendy looked up to the sky, smiling at the sight of the moon, so tiny that you could hide it behind your finger, Irene follow the gaze and chuckled.

“It’s pretty late, are you going to work tomorrow?” The young actress said after a long walk, it was nearly 3am, time goes fast when you are in company. To be honest she was used to be awake at this time.

Perks of being part of the show business. 

Wendy took out her phone and almost fainting seeing the time. There was no way she would be up in time.

“I’ll take you home.” Irene said with no question mark, Wendy chuckled, within the few moment she get to share with the actress she already figure out that no one could go against her.

“You don’t have to.” Even though she said, her polite side was kicking which Irene only shook without answered her. Deep down, Irene was dying to get to know where she lives…

“Irene…”

“Yes?”

Wendy didn’t say anything back, to what Irene didn’t know how to interpret but seeing her face was enough. No words were needed.

 

 

 

The ride back home was quickly, without the traffic, a ride that was supposed to be for 30 minutes, were only 15. Wendy in the middle of the road had a thought but didn’t know how to say it.

It would be ok?

She saw the building at far. It was almost 4am now, no even in her teenage years has been this late to home. Sure enough she wasn’t going to work, calling sick and making Seulgi go on her behalf was a good punishment.

“Why are you smiling like that?” Irene cut the train of thought on her.

“I’m calling sick to work.”

“Are you feeling ill?” The actress almost stopped in on step, maybe her coat wasn’t enough to protect Wendy for the cold. The chef laughed, denying, all the way.

“No, no, it’s way past my bedtime and honestly I don’t feel like going work.”

“I don’t know much about business but aren’t boss supposed to go no matter what?” Wendy grinned and before saying something back, she point to the building.

“Seulgi is going to take my shift, after all it was her fault that I went out in the first place.” She saw the girl nodded, Irene parked on the corner. 

No one didn’t move or say anything, for some reason Wendy didn’t want to leave, she wanted to keep talking to the actress and Irene didn’t want to go either but she knew it was late and just when she was about to say her goodbyes, Wendy beat her.

“It’s pretty late already, why don’t you come up with me? Get some sleep.” Irene praise one more time to whoever was above that keeps giving her this moments.

“Are you sure? Can I stay?”

“Sure, you can park down in the basement.” Irene didn’t show it but she was beyond happy, afraid that in any moment she would squeal like a little girl. Wendy felt nervous, did she did the dishes? Her dirty clothes were in the right place, did she clean? She didn’t remember the last time she clean the apartment. Gosh, it could be a nightmare and Irene, the Bae Irene was about to find out.

 

The parking lot was empty for their luck, they would have no setbacks or the risk of someone recognizing the actress, Irene had viewed the building before, passed by there on some occasions on the way to her agent's offices. Never imagine Wendy lived there.

The elevator was small, enough for two or three people to fit, Wendy pressed the button with the number 4.

"I must warn you" Wendy started "My apartment may not be at its best." With a reddish tint on her  cheeks she admitted, her eyes looking directly at the elevator doors, their figures slightly distorted, were drawn as a reflection. Irene smiled to herself.

Moments like this was what stopped her from approaching the chef, she hated the first days of everything, those days where awfully uncomfortable and awkward and you weren’t allow to pass the line of confidence. If only they were something more, she wouldn't think it twice and take those cheeks and squeeze them no matter what.

Wendy was too cute and that was a big problem for her.

“Don’t worry, if ever, I have been warned by you.” She said with a sly smirk which Wendy like a little too much.

 

Once inside the place, Irene didn’t care about the shoes being misplaced or the lack of organization that was there, because honestly it wasn’t the worst, just that Irene has a case of OCD but this time, she didn’t care at all. She was inside Wendy’s home, the place where the Chef would spend her free time, hanging around with comfortable pieces of clothes.

To Wendy, she was glad that the pile of dirty clothes was in fact in the right place and the dish were all clean.

“I will find something you could wear, meanwhile make yourself home.” Irene saw Wendy disappear which she assume was her room. Again if this was another situation she would follow the Chef and maybe lead her to the bed… I must be tired.

“I hope they fit. I will take a quick shower. You want to take a shower?”

“Together?” She quickly realized what she said, Wendy looked her with wide eyes that instantly change as she laugh. Irene laugh too, a little bit nervous.

“If there isn’t problem I think a bath would be nice.” At the end Irene took the offer. Wendy nodded before going to the bathroom first.

The door closed and the actress dropped herself on the couch, feeling embarrassed. The shower running echoed through the silent apartment, making Irene’s imagination to go place she knew were dangerous.

Her cheeks felt warm at the thought of Wendy being , she grabbed the control, allowing the TV to distract her but that wasn’t enough, her eyes started to wondered around the place until she settle on a wall full of pictures, her curiosity bite her and so she walk to it, Wendy was on the first pic she saw, a little younger, holding a medal and wearing the biggest smile she has ever seen, seem like a big or an important competition. Moving on, there was an even younger version of Wendy, holding hands with who she believe were her parents, Wendy got that goofy smile from her dad apparently.

“That’s cute.”

But then her eyes find a particular photo, it was just Wendy, wearing her Chef attire, hair falling down, a tiny smile and warm eyes. Irene fell in love with that photo, without thinking she took it, tracing every line with her finger. Heart beating slowly this time, there was no rush.

“That was my first time wearing it.” Almost dropping the picture, Irene put it right back where it was, turning over to see her in just pants and a loose t-shirt. The outfit wasn’t especial but with Wendy in it was another thing, giving her a sensual look.

“You look pretty on it.” She said it way to naturally for her like but either way she didn’t back up. Wendy once again felt shy but smile to her.

“The shower is all yours.” The Chef said and Irene nodded walking straight to it but only to stop once she was beside the girl, she didn’t know why but…

“Thanks for let me stay.” She said before planting a soft peck on her cheek. She smile lightly and continued walking. The door once again closed.

 

Bringing her hand to her cheek, right where the actress had put her lips, she didn't know it yet but that little act was the seed planted to grow something she never imagined.