Ch 2

Dilemma
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hakyeon entered the kitchen already chastised with Jaehwan’s glare around a mouthful of cereal. Hakyeon had the decency to look ashamed of himself because he knew what he did, was not something he himself would have ever wanted for anyone else. He ducked his head down to avoid the glare which had intensified, Hongbin looked amused as he stood leaning against the kitchen counter while Hakyeon was getting burned down with the anger radiating off Jaehwan.

Hongbin took pity on him and spoke up, “Jaehwan hyung, Hakyeon hyung has a searing headache can you let it pass this time.”

Hakyeon looked grateful towards Hongbin, but Jaehwan was having none of that excuses.

“Hakyeon hyung, either you tell me everything yourself or I forcefully make you tell me, which one is it going to be?” Jaehwan asked with an eyebrow raised, he could look intimidating when he had to, even if he was one of the most adorable thing born on this earth.

Right now, he looked anything but adorable and Hakyeon swallowed thickly before spilling his guts out about everything that happened. By the time he was done retelling everything, Jaehwan was done with his cereal and was looking at him with impassive eyes, before he stood up and walked around the table towards Hakyeon, the moment he was standing in front of him, he pulled the elder into a warm hug and that’s when Hakyeon finally broke down, sobbing his heart out, soon he felt two more arms encircle around him from behind and he realized Hongbin had joined them for a little group hug, offering comfort even though he was never the one to initiate skin ship.

       Hakyeon felt blessed having these two as his best friends, he calmed himself down and broke the small hugging session, wiping off his tears and giving them a small smile.

Hongbin was the first to break the silence, “So, basically Taekwoon-shi indirectly rejected you and now you’re afraid that maybe this might have ruined your friendship with him?”

Hakyeon gave a small nod, not daring to look up in fear of breaking down into tears again. Jaehwan smacked Hongbin on the back of his head, for upsetting Hakyeon more by asking that question. “Hakyeon hyung, don’t think about anything else, how about we go out, get fresh air and enjoy, just the three of us.”

Hakyeon couldn’t refuse Jaehwan since he really needed fresh air and not think about anything related to one Jung Taekwoon.  

This is how he found himself strolling alongside the Han river with Jaehwan while Hongbin went to go buy them ice-cream, honestly Hakyeon was craving the ice-cream what with it being the comfort food and he was in need of some comforting. After about spending half the afternoon by the riverside they decided to go in a nearby café for lunch, Hakyeon felt himself relax as soon as he smelled the scent of coffee. They walked up to the counter to place their orders, but the moment he reached the counter, Hakyeon wanted to turn around and run out of the café because standing in front of him was Jessica, Taekwoon’s newest fling. Honestly Jessica was a really pretty girl and he wouldn’t have minded getting along with her but the reason he didn’t wanted to be anywhere near this girl was because she was the only girl who did managed to catch Taekwoon’s attention for more then three days, it was quite surprising for everyone that Taekwoon hadn’t shaken her off even after 6 days of them being together.

      Hakyeon found himself frozen on spot, trying to decide what to do next, but to his relief Jaehwan took initiative and gave their orders while Hongbin pulled him towards a nearby empty table. The moment he sat down Hongbin placed a comforting hand over his, looking at him with worry etched on his face, “Hyung, we’re sorry but running away wasn’t an option, instead you can ignore Jessica and pretend like she isn’t here, rest you can leave it on us.”

Hakyeon could only trust him and give a little nod, trying to keep a check on his emotions and will his breathing back to normal, he can’t start hyperventilating in front of everyone.

Jaehwan came back with their orders and sat in his line of view so that Hakyeon would only have his two friends in his line of sight. “Hakyeonie hyung please calm down, you having a seizure right now won’t help your case, it’ll worsen your condition and I don’t want you getting health issues.” There was genuine desperation in Jaehwan’s voice which made Hakyeon snap out of the daze and control his emotions.

      Hakyeon had developed epilepsy after a particular traumatic incident in his childhood, his depression and ptsd had triggered the seizures even more recently these days. Having one now would create a problem because he didn’t have his medicines on him now and knowing his condition, he knew his seizures would last longer than they usually do. So he concentrated on his breathing and ducked his head to avoid eye contact, after calming himself down he started eating, because eating gave him something to do other than thinking about someone, seeing this both of his friends calmed down and started talking about random things to distract him while eating their own food.

      He never told anyone about his condition only his closed ones knew which included his two best friends, Jaehwan was his child hood friend and Hongbin had became their friend in high school since then they were practically glued to each other’s side. Hakyeon felt blessed to have them beside him because let’s be honest he wouldn’t have survived without them by his side. He, Hongbin and Jaehwan were

Please log in to read the full chapter