Ch 4

Dilemma
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jung Taekwoon blinked once, twice, thrice and stood completely stoic as he stood face to face with Jessica, he couldn’t turn his head to look at Hakyeon because he knew Hakyeon would be upset, honestly, he hadn’t thought about giving the girl as much attention as he had. When she had taken an interest in him, he had just went along because the girl was easy on the eyes and somehow was a popular girl around the campus, Taekwoon hadn’t known her as such, before she herself had introduced herself in the club that night, he had just thought it would be like any other nightstands just a onetime thing and it had been like that until the girl thought that now she could hang of his arm staking her claim as if Taekwoon was hers to keep & Taekwoon hadn’t pushed her off thinking that at least that would fend off the unnecessary passes people made at him for some time. But right now he was regretting his decision because now the girl had taken his silence as an affirmation and got the wrong idea about their relationship dynamics, he dared a sidelong look at Hakyeon and wasn’t surprised to find him looking as awkward and out of place with the whole situation and seriously he didn’t blame him because it was somewhere Taekwoon’s fault and he had to fix this before Hakyeon got the wrong idea because he knew for sure that in this whole ordeal he didn’t want to hurt the elder guy.

      His first instincts were to drag Hakyeon away but then his rational mind supplied that doing so will only create more problems and so he did what he did best, he put on a poker face and didn’t even spare as much a glance at Jessica before he placed his order and turned towards Hakyeon so that the other would place his, when Hakyeon didn’t do anything but stare in between Jessica and Taekwoon, Taekwoon turned around making the order a double. He proceeded to turn around to find a seat and trusting Hakyeon to follow him and wasn’t disappointed. They both sat in silence and out of the corner of his eyes he could see Jessica heading towards them with their orders with a smile on her face, Taekwoon groaned inwardly he hadn’t wanted the interaction between them to be now but he knew he couldn’t leave things like that, he had to clear things up before they got messy.

      So he turned his unemotional face which wasn’t difficult per se as that was how he used to be in front of other people.

Jessica reached their table, placing their orders on the table, “Oppa, you came around to see me, I’m so glad that you took an initiative I never thought you’d reciprocate, but I’m happy and you bought a friend, well introduce me after all I’ll need to know your friends too.”

She was too chirpy and Taekwoon grimaced because he didn’t mind breaking her heart easily because that’s what he usually did, he was an unemotional bastard when it came to people he didn’t care about personally but he didn’t want Hakyeon to see his this side, his cold demeanor was meant for people he didn’t think of importance but he didn’t want Hakyeon to doubt that he did be in that category and as far as Taekwoon knew the latter, he knew that he’ll self-doubt and deem himself unworthy too and Taekwoon absolutely didn’t want for that to happen and so he chose his next words very carefully, he looked a Hakyeon who had being staring at him the whole time, “ Jessica, met Hakyeon, my boyfriend.”

He saw how two pairs of eyes widened and before anyone of them spoke up Taekwoon continued, “ Jessica as far as everyone who knows me, knows that I’m not someone who does relationships and as far as I remember I never ever said that we were in one, it was you who just assumed so & I’m sorry for giving you the wrong idea but here I’m starting my first official relationship with Hakyeon who understands and knows me better than all of you, and you do know I never have flings with people I know personally so don’t mistake this as just a fleeting thing in between me and him and if you know even the small part of me you know I don’t like people who try to meddle in my things so I just hope that you’d leave me alone from now on.”

      With that said he turned towards Hakyeon without even sparing a glance at the girl who was now running off towards the kitchen, tears in her eyes, “I’m sorry you had to see that, but I don’t know any other way to politely shrug people off and please don’t get the wrong idea about me treating you like this, because trust me when I say that you come into the special category for me”.

Hakyeon looked still out of it so Taekwoon snapped his fingers in front of his eyes to get his attention and was surprised to hear, “Even if I feel bad for that girl, I didn’t hear a single word you said to her after calling me your boyfriend.” At that Taekwoon couldn’t help the amused laughter that bubbled up in him he shook his head, Hakyeon could be adorable at times without even trying to be.

      To lighten the mood, he started digging in the food in front, food was always a good distraction, he looked up at Hakyeon who had yet to move and was surprised to see an amused smile on Hakyeon’s face, “You love food a lot right? No wonder you can cook well, you look cute eating though, all focused and engrossed like a small bunny.”

Taekwoon choked on his food because he wasn’t expecting to be called cute, people called him scary, intimidating, y even, but never cute, this was a first, actually now that he remembers he’s done a lot of things for the first time in front of Hakyeon in the past 24 hours, which he w

Please log in to read the full chapter