Ch 3

Dilemma
Please log in to read the full chapter
 

When Taekwoon opened his eyes the next morning, he could feel the pleasant warmth of someone snuggling in his side, he sighed contentedly. It was the first time in so many years that he had slept so peacefully, usually whenever he woke up he’d be either restless or still sleepy but today he felt satisfied and content. He smiled remembering last night, how Hakyeon had gasped after he’d finally registered what Taekwoon meant, how he’d cried like a sentimental fool not believing Taekwoon at all, Taekwoon had felt bad that Hakyeon would doubt him like that but then he knew it was his image that he’d created made Hakyeon doubt, it wasn’t completely Hakyeon’s fault. After calming down, Hakyeon had still seemed doubtful about this whole situation and so Taekwoon had dragged him towards his bedroom and made him sleep, not letting him think about anything else, now that he thinks about all this, he himself was having second thoughts about this whole situation, maybe he shouldn’t have done this, maybe he’s rushing into things, maybe he and Hakyeon aren’t compatible, what if he ends up breaking the other’s heart, what if he couldn’t handle being in an emotional relationships, there were a tons of what if’s, going through his head, he didn’t have answers to any of them and he didn’t wanted to thinking about either of them, cause he knows that it’s too late now to back out, after all it was him who had taken the first step and crossed the line, just because he’s having doubts doesn’t mean he can just step back out of it now.

       He sighed and slowly but carefully removed himself of Hakyeon’s hold and pulled himself out of the warmth of the bed and out of his bedroom. When he entered his living room, he got startled by the person currently lounging on his sofa with a coffee mug in his hand. He sighed, and moved around to settle beside the person,

“I should have never given you the spare keys to my flat, you always barge in & empty up my coffee, you crazed coffee addict.”

Taekwoon looked at Wonshik for a response, but only got a raised eyebrow with another sip of the coffee in return, Taekwoon just shrugged his shoulder at him, letting Wonshik know that he was still waiting for a response.

“Well the only person you trust enough to get you out of the bed is me and we so happen to be childhood best friends, so that’s why you graced me with those precious keys of yours.” Wonshik was looking at him while saying that and he looked quite amused as if he was seeing Taekwoon for the first time, Taekwoon didn’t acknowledge him at first but when he couldn’t take anymore of the staring he turned around annoyed to face Wonshik, “What is it?” he snapped at Wonshik irritatingly.

Wonshik was till staring at him in amusement, “So, you’re finally giving a relationship a chance?” he looked too smug for his own good and that made Taekwoon pissed off.

He huffed and glared at Wonshik, “What makes you think I’m getting into a relationship?”

Wonshik raised his eyebrows up at him, “I can state three clear factors that makes me think you are ready to be in a relationship, I saw Cha Hakyeon sleeping in your bed, so firstly, you never have a fling with friends, secondly you never bring anyone to your own house, Hakyeon must be the first person other that me who has seen the inside of your house and last but not the least that you both were sleeping fully clothed in your bed snuggling each other, if it was just any other fling you wouldn’t have left the chance to have but the fact that you chose to just cuddle gives me a solid reason to think that this is more than just a onetime thing.” He looked way too smug already knowing that he was right, Taekwoon sighed, there was no use denying it, Wonshik just knew him quiet well even if they were very much different from each other.

      Taekwoon just shrugged and soon his facial expression changed to one of frowning, since Wonshik had known Taekwoon from childhood he knew that his best friend was doubting and worrying already over the relationship that hasn’t even started yet. Wonshik couldn’t help but be annoyed and pitying at the same time towards Taekwoon, he knew Taekwoon wasn’t the one to be emotionally attached person, he’d closed himself off to emotions at a very young age, he didn’t believe in forever after and he had turned into a very logical person, rationalizing and analyzing everything before taking a step, this must be the first time in years that he must have head first dived into something and not thought about the consequences. Wonshik was happy and scared both for his friend, happy because he knew Hakyeon is a really good guy and would never hurt Taekwoon and scared since he didn’t want Hankyeon to get hurt, it’s not like he didn’t trust his own friend but since he knew Taekwoon very well, he could name out some really bad decisions that his friend had taken in the past just because he had doubts about himself, Wonshik is just worried that sometimes Taekwoon gets so guarded that he ends up hurting others. He was just wishing that this relationship brings out the old Taekwoon back which he most certainly misses and hopes that something good comes out of it. He tapped Taekwoon’s shoulder to get his attention and gave him a knowing look, “Don’t even think about backing out now, stop doubting yourself and trust Hakyeon, give this thing a chance and let time take its course, it doesn’t need to be sequenced, planned and organized every time, let it flow.”

      Taekwoon looked at Wonshik and let the words soak in, he knew his friend cared for him and always looked out for him in his own subtle way but this was the first time, he’d ever verbalized his thoughts, normally they would never have this heart to heart talk with each other it was always silently done than said in between them and so it made him grateful towards his friend, he nodded and stopped all the self-doubting thoughts and gave a small smile to reassure Wonshik.

      Wonshik stood up and moved towards the door, wearing his shoes, “Maybe I should leave, after all you might want to spend some alone time with your new boyfriend and clear things out with him, also I don’t want to be a third wheel while you get all mushy and cuddly.” Wonshik barely missed the pillow that flew towards him, before he was out of the door.

      Taekwoon glared at the closed door but couldn’t help letting past a small smile at his best friend. Wonshik was the only one who could manage to get a real smile out of him other than his family, he sighed thinking about what Wonshik said and decided that he was right & should probably go with the flow. With new determination towards th

Please log in to read the full chapter