Chapter 11

Before I Go
***

There was a sudden knock on the door. you opened the door, and to her surprise, it was Hyun Joong. "I'm here to apologise about earlier..."

Hyun Joong passed a bouquet of flowers to you. "For you."

you took the flowers from Hyun Joong and smiled. "Thankyou, Oppa!!"

you invited him in, and they had tea. "...Your father isn't home?"

"Ani, he's probably still at work..." ^-^'

"Maybe I can keep you company...?"

***

you was glad Hyun Joong could stay for her. She didnt like the feeling of being alone. "My father died when I was born."

you stopped drinking, and looked up.

"My mother hated me eversince..."

"...Hated you?"

Hyun Joong nodded. "That's why I've always liked you. You were like my mother... You always smiled at me as if you cared about me."

"Because I do care about you! I care about you so much!"

Tears were forming in you's eyes, and she could almost feel them drop. 'Hyun Joong's father died...?'

***

The Next Day...

you was watching TV, when the doorbell rang. she turned it off, then opened the door.

"Let's go to the sunflower valley today."

Hyun Joong took her hand, and he drove away. "...Where's the sunflower valley?"

"It's not too far away, don't worry."

"No, it's not like that... I've just never seen a 'sunflower valley' before." ^__^

"really?"

When they arrived there, you's mouth hung open. "Wow, it's so beautiful~!!"

you ran amongst the flowers as they hit against her legs.

Hyun Joong followed her to the tree in the centre of the valley. "How did you know where this place was?"

"Ahh, my brother used to take me here. He said that my mother liked sunflowers too..."

"Did you give her some?"

"...Yeah, but... She didn't accept them."

[FLASHBACK]

"Yah! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GIVING ME THESE SH*T FLOWERS!?!?!"

The angry mother threw the flowers at the young boy who was now crying.

"But, m-mother, Hyung said that you like sunflowers..."

"SHUT THE HELL UP, YOU IDIOT! YOU KILLED YOUR FATHER , AND NOW YOU'RE TRYING TO GET YOUR BROTHER IN TROUBLE!"

Hyun Joong's brother giggled behind his mother.

"Get outta here, Hyun Joong."

[END OF FLASHBACK]

"Thankyou, you." Hyun Joong placed a flower in the sleeping you's hand. He pulled her towards him, to make her lean on him.

***