Woojoo’s Tantrum: Jongdae Needs To Write a Paper

Minseoks' Universe

Woojoo had been fussy all day; Minseok wasn’t sure why she would cry every time she would be put down. He arrives to Jongdae’s apartment at least 45 minutes before he had to leave to work, just to give him a fair warning about what was about to go down when he would leave. Jongdae had reassured him that he would be able to handle her, besides Yixing was going to be here as well. The both of them made a great babysitting duo, but it was rare for Yixing to actually be there on most Thursdays.

As expected when Minseok handed Woojoo over to Jongdae she began to wail. Her cries made it sound like someone was torturing her. Minseok’s chest actually hurt. Missing work once would be fine right?

Jongdae had rocked Woojoo all the while pushing Minseok out of the door. ‘Don’t worry hyung; now go to work before you’re late.’ Minseok looks at him apologetically and promised to make it up to him.  

Jongdae sang to her while he rocked her. He attempted to put one of her pacifiers in it would stop her from crying for .002 second before she spit it back out. He really needed to put her to sleep so he could work on a paper. Woojoo stopped crying 30 long minutes later.

He continues to rock her for a few minutes before he decides that she is unconscious enough to be put down. Very slowly he begins to lower her onto the sofa. He lays her on the couch. He begins to slowly withdraw his hands. She begins to cry again. Exasperated Jongdae picks her up again. She stops crying and is asleep again within seconds.

Confused Jongdae tries to lay her down. As expected she cries. He tries two more times all achieving the same result. ‘Fine I get it; you don’t want me to let you go.’

He decides to gather his things and place them on the sofa. He sits down legs crossed cradling Woojoo on his legs. He supports her head with one hand as he holds his breathe for her reaction.  She doesn’t cry. He works on his paper as best he can with Woojoo on his lap.

Jongdae perks up a bit when he hears the keys on the lock one hour later. Yixing is finally here. 'I’m home,’ he calls from the door.

'Welcome back,’ Jongdae calls out soft enough to not disturb Woojoo. Yixing comes into their living room and raises an eyebrow at Jongdae’s awkward position. His body is twisted so he can type on his laptop with Woojoo cradled on his legs. 'What’s going on here?’ Yixing questions.

Jongdae looks at him defeated. 'Xing Xing, she wouldn’t let me put her down on the couch.’ He whined. Yixing had laughed. 'It’s not funny,’ Jongdae whines again.

'I’m sorry, but it is.’ Yixing had said. 'Here let me take her.’ He picks her up; she opens her eyes and smiles at him. Yixing coos at her and praises her. 'Have you given her the bottle yet?’ Yixing asks Jongdae.

Jongdae whines again. 'That’s not fair she cried for 30 minutes with me and she isn’t even making a sound with you. Not yet.’

'Maybe she just doesn’t like you,’ Yixing says to Jongdae, Jongdae groans. 'Alright, little miss lets prepare you a bottle.’ With that Yixing crabs her diaper bag. He prepares her bottle. He goes back into the living room where Jongdae has straightened himself out laptop on his lap typing vigorously. Yixing sits beside him. He positions Woojoo on his lap head propped up on one arm. With her bib on he feeds her the bottle.

The following day Minseok texts Jongdae that Woojoo had gotten sick. She was being clingy because she wasn’t feeling well.

° ¤ ° ¤ ° ¤ ° ¤ °

Woojoo is 6½ months old

Hey look another one with Jongdae most of the infant drabbles are going to be Jongdae and Minseok... I have Chanyeols and Baekhyuns drabbles for when Woojoo is a bit older