Jongdaes' First Day

Minseoks' Universe

Jongdae had been ecstatic when Minseok had knocked on his door car seat, with a sleeping Woojoo, in one hand and a diaper bag in the other. ‘I’m late,’ Minseok says. ‘I fed her before we left so her next bottle is in 3 and a half hours. Check her diaper every so often. When you hold her support her head.’ He says rushing his words.

Jongdae laughs. 'I got it hyung. Go on, you’re late.’ He says as he takes the car seat from Minseoks hand walks a few steps towards the couch and places her on the floor. He turns back around motions Minseok to place the diaper bag on the floor. 'Don’t worry hyung. She will be fine.’ Jongdae says.

Minseok places the diaper bag down. 'Right, I’ll be back in 6 hours.’ He says.

'See you then, drive safely.’ Jongdae calls out as Minseok closes the door behind him.

Jongdae sits down in front of Woojoo. He rocks her a little. Jongdae smiles to himself as he watches her sleep for a few minutes. She looks just like Minseok, the same nose and eyes. She’s so beautiful.

Jongdae pulls his laptop onto his lap with his left foot on the car seat rocking Woojoo he continues working on his assignments. Jongdae takes a break an hour in Woojoo is still sound asleep. He picks her up carefully placing one hand on the back of her head and the other on the small of her back. He hushes her softly as he moves her from the car seat to the couch he checks her diaper, soiled. Jongdae gets up to fetch the diaper bag and changes her diaper. He changes her diaper very carefully he doesn’t want to wake her.

She continues to sleep. He goes back to his assignment. This time Woojoo is sleeping on the couch besides himself. Small blanket bunched up at her small feet. She kicked it off of herself. Very cutely. They continue this routine until she stirs awake. She flutters her big round eyes, just like Minseoks’, open and stares at Jongdae.

'Hello there sleepy head.’ Jongdae coos, 'Are you hungry?’ He picks her up. He makes his way into his small kitchen diaper bag in one hand Woojoo cradled in the other. He places the bag on the counter takes out the baby bottle and formula. Pours water into a pot puts it on the stove. As he waits for the water to heat he prepares the bottle. Pours 6 ounces, exact, into the bottle. Checks the water in the pot and places the bottle into the heated water. Leaves it in there for a minute or two.

He changes Woojoo position in his arms from being cradled into a sitting position where her head is leaning on his chest. It makes his movements easier. Woojoo begins to on Jongdae’s shirt. The movement has rocked her back to sleep.

Jongdae runs the hot bottle under cold water to cool it’s temperature down. He checks the inside temperature on his wrist, deems it warm. He looks down on the baby and realizes she is fast asleep again. He sighs, walks over to the couch. Slumps down into the couch with Woojoo still on his chest he lets her sleep for a few more minutes. She looks far too precious and adorable that it aches to wake her up.

He feeds her after 10 minutes of her on his shirt crating a wet spot. He laughs at the spot. She’s cradled once again on his arms one hand holding the bottle in place. She finishes the bottle and goes back to sleep.

They go back to their routine. Jongdae checking her diaper every now and then, while doing his assignments. Woojoo sound asleep.

Minseok shows up with takeout food for himself and Jongdae. Jongdae had been preparing Woojoos’ second bottle when he had arrived. Minseok removes his shoes at the door and walks towards the kitchen table. Minseok carries his baby girl. Woojoo opens her eyes wide and smiles at her father then proceeds to sleep some more.