Minseok’s Day Off and Lunch With Jongdae

Minseoks' Universe

It’s a Friday, Minseok doesn’t have class nor does he have to go in for work today. Minseok had gotten up early enough to prepare Woojoo’s bottle before she woke up. He enters his room where he has been keeping her crib, after her mother walked out on them. He peaks into her crib breaking out into a wide smile when he sees her with her eyes wide open. ‘Good morning baby,’ he whispers. His heart melts when she makes grabby hands at him. ‘How is your diaper?’ He asks her as he picks her up.

Minseok scrunches his nose when he notices her diaper is full. 'Ew,’ he exclaims. Woojoo giggles. Minseok puts her down on his bed tickling her. Her laughter fills his ears he can’t help but think that her laugh is the most beautiful sound in the world. He vows to always make her laugh. He changes her diaper feeds her and then lays back down with her for the rest of the morning.

Minseok makes and eats his breakfast. He has decided to take his baby girl on a walk; he wants to spend the whole afternoon with her. He puts his daughter in a blue dress; underneath he has put her in a short sleeves onesie and white tights. She refuses to put on her shoes, by scrunching her toes. He sighs in defeat, raises his hands a single shiny black shoe in one hand. 'Fine you win,’ he says. Woojoo kicks her feet in pure happiness.

Watching her kick her feet like that reminds him of the time when she had first started to roll herself over. He had been on his laptop typing out am essay. He had laid Woojoo down on the floor beside himself. She had started to babble to herself he looked up at her as she kicked and squirmed. He smiled at her softly encouraging her to continue. She’d been trying to flip herself for the past few days. It was the cutest thing Minseok had ever seen.

She finally manages to flip herself Minseok had cheered pushing his laptop and his essay aside. He praises her. 'You did so well baby,’ he flips her back around. 'Do it again,’ he says. She struggles but eventually flips herself around again. They continue the routine for half an hour.

Minseok shakes his head clearing the memory. He dresses himself gets his car keys and walks out of his apartment baby in one arm diaper bag and a pink stuffed bunny in his other hand. Woojoo carrying both of her pacifiers. She has this habit of on one for a few seconds pulling it out and on the other, the process goes on until she bores herself.

He takes them to the mall. He takes out the baby stroller from the back of his car sets it up. Minseok takes out his baby girl and places her in the stroller. He pulls on a pair of sunglasses runs a hand through his hair. Gelled back. He walks around through the mall for a few hours window shopping. His baby girl fast asleep.

He’s getting ready to exit the mall when he receives a call. He answers his phone after the third ring. 'Hyung, are you and Woojoo free?’ He hears Jongdae call from the other line.

'Hello, Jongdae, we are having a wonderful day thanks for asking.’ Minseok answers.

'Sorry hyung. So was your and Woojoo’s day?’ Jongdae asks.

'It was pretty good. We are currently out.’ Minseok replies.

'Oh, have you two eaten yet?’ Jongdae asks.

'No, we haven’t.’ Minseok replies, reaching his car.

'Good. I mean not good. We should meet up and eat.’ Jongdae says.

'Fine. Eat out or in?’ Minseok asks. Minseok opens the door putting his daughter in her car seat, buckling her up.

'In. My place. I kind of cooked too much, Yixing isn’t even here. He’s going to be out for the whole weekend.’ He says. Minseok can imagine his pout. He folds the stroller and puts it in the trunk of his car.

'We’ll get there in 30 minutes,’ Minseok says. He walks over to the driver’s seat, gets in and turns on the car. His phone automatically connects via Bluetooth. 'Let’s go Woojoo,’ he says to the sleeping baby.

'Okay,’ Jongdae says. Neither of them hangs up the call.

Neither of them talks until Minseok has entered the parking garage. 'We are here, be up in a few,’ he says. Jongdae upon hearing that he disconnects the call. They have been doing that for most of their friendship. Jongdae always wants to make sure that Minseok will be safe out in the road.

Jongdae is aware it takes Minseok a few minutes to get Woojoo out of her car seat, and a minute in the elevator. He opens the door right as Minseok is about to knock. 'Come in, hyung.’ Jongdae says, happy that Minseok made it. He holds his hands out for Woojoo, Minseok hands her over to him. They feed Woojoo first. She always gets sleepy after her bottle. She naps in Jongdae’s bedroom. Bigger bed less chance of her moving in her sleep and falling.

Jongdae already has the table set they sit around eating and chatting. They talk about Minseok’s day off and what he and Woojoo did. Jongdae talks about his own day, dubbing the day so far kind of ty. Considering he is scheduled to do his performance later than usual. He sings part-time at a bar on weekends. His performances are always done at 10 pm and goes on for half an hour to an hour, depending on the crowds response. Today he is scheduled to do a midnight performance meaning his boss expects him to be on stage for at least 1 hour and 30 minutes. Minseok smiles sympathetically at him. They finish eating. Jongdae was about to start putting the dirty dishes in the sink when Minseok stopped him. He pushed him into his bedroom and told him to sleep he will take care of the dishes. Jongdae cuddles up into Woojoo and closes his eyes.

Minseok cleanups the table, washes all the dirty pots, pans, plates, and silverware. He dries them with a towel and puts them where they belong. He sweeps the floor and cleans the stove. All done in barely over 1 hour.

Minseok stands at the door way to Jongdae’s bedroom. He can’t help but coo at the sight of Jongdae and his daughter cuddling. He takes out his phone and snaps a picture.