DREAM #5

DAYDREAM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The Christmas eve ended without any news from Jimmy.

 

The Christmas day went by and still nothing from Jimmy.

 

Taeyeon kept giving him excuses.

 

But the Christmas holiday went by, the snow fell and flew away, while she’s still there helping her grandmother out; trying to make the time pass by meaninglessly.

 

The New Year came, and she spent it alone with her family.

 

“What’s going on? Where’s Junho? Jimmy?” her sister asked, “Isn’t today your café opening?”

She sighed, “I don’t know, I haven’t seen or talked to him since Christmas.”

“What? Are you for real?” she said dramatically, “What if he found a new girl?”

“What? Just see if he do that, I will cut him apart in my two hand!” she rapped that out.

Her sister smiled, “Look, you have feelings for him for sure.”

“W-What? N-no, it’s not like that-”

“Come on, get ready, we should open the café now.”

“Shouldn’t we wait for them?” her sister’s friend – Yuri – asked.

“No-”

“I’m here!” someone entered in a hurry.

Taeyeon’s eyes shinned as she saw him, but then she remembered how cruelly he made her wait, so she glared at him and turned to do something else.

“I know you’re angry, so I won’t try to beg for forgiveness now.” He told her as he was putting on his apron.

she ignored that and completed preparing for their grand opening. 

 

They opened their doors and started to accept customers. 

“Hey, I think you should smile a bit...” her sister whispered. 

“What?”

“You're making customers frown by your angry face.” she took the cup from her hand “Go and stand at the chashier counter, I will do the orders.” 

“Alright.”

“Hello, what can I get to you?” she asked, while putting down the money in the cash drawer. 

“Can I have a cup of flat white coffee, please?”

Taeyeon repeated, “A cup of flat white, that's it?” she lifted her eyes up, to see that the customer is no other than EXO's Kai.

“Yes.”

She blinked a few times, then smiled. “Nice to meet you.” She bowed her head slowly.

He bowed it in return and went to have a seat.

After his presence lasted for 5 minutes, the café got crowded and the line of ordering surpassed the front door.

“What’s going on? Why did it get this crowdy?” Jimmy asked.

“EXO Kai came.”  Hyoyeon answered.

“What? When?” Yuri popped her head out as she came to get the next order.

“A while ago.”

“Ah! What a pity!” she frowned.

“Ya! Please hurry up! I have 30 something orders waiting.” Taeyeon shouted.

“Wait, let me call for help.” Hyoyeon said.

 

“Hello, what can I get you?” Taeyeon said.

“Give me an apron please, I will help out.”

“What?” it was her roommate, Sandra Park.

She stretched her hand out, “I don’t think you have time to think about it.”

She smiled, “Thank you.”

“What should I do first?” she tied her hair up.

“Here, get this to table 12.” Hyoyeon came and put the tray in her hands.

She smiled and went to help them out.

 

It became 3 in the noon already. “Taeyeon-ah, we’re going to get lunch.” Hyoyeon called.

“Alright, you worked all hard.”

Taeyeon massaged her shoulder for a moment, when there was no customers waiting to place their orders. But then someone knocked at the cashier, Taeyeon look up straight, the moment she parted her lips to talk, Jimmy stuffed a donut in .

She frowned.

“Have a bite while you have the chance.” He told her and went to clean the empty tables.

Taeyeon stood their observing this man working hard alone, while smiling as he sweats.

The first ended up successfully and peacefully. 

 

 

The following day came quickly, Jimmy went to work at their café; since they have a special excuse paper from the administration to not attend classes at the opening week of their café.

It became 12 at noon already, and Taeyeon didn’t show up yet.

So, as he was going outside to give her a call, he pumped into Sandra Park.

“Oh, it’s fortunate that I met you,” he told her, “Did you see Taeyeon? Why is she skipping from work? Is she playing around with other men?”

“What? Oppa!” she shouted at him.

He was taken aback with this unexpected reaction.

“What?”

“Do you really know nothing?”

“Why? Did something happen to her?”

She then realized that he’s unknown of what happened last night.

“Tell me, what happened?”

“Last night, Taeyeon got a message suddenly saying that you want to meet her and explain everything at your hideout.”

“What? I didn’t send anything like that! I didn’t even have a proper chat with her.”

“So, she went after concerning a lot about showing up or not after what you did for her. And waited for you till it already passed midnight.”

Jimmy was shocked.

“And it poured at her heavily, that she had fever all night, and she’s laying down powerlessly there.”

“I can’t believe what I just heard!” he messed his hair, “I really didn’t know any of this, you need to believe me dara…”

“I do believe you oppa, since I knew you all these years.” She told him, “But Taeyeon doesn’t know anything since you never explained to her who are you.”

“But you know my reason why I don’t want to hurry and reveal it to her…”

“I understand that, but I don’t think Taeyeon would like to continue with such a relationship with you,” she said, “So, like that everything you’ve built for all these days, would go for nothing; because of 3 words only.”

“Where is she right now?”

“I just gave her some pills, she still has fever.”

“Can I see her?”

She looked at him meaningfully.

 

She secretly made him barge into the women dormitory.

The moment he entered and saw her there lying helplessly, his heart wrenched in pain and regrets of making her go through all that, even if it was unintentionally.

“I’m going to stay tonight at the girls’ room, take your time with her.” She smiled, “Call me if you need anything.”

“Sure, thank you Dara.”

“Do well this time.” She told him and left first.

 

He marched toward her, and sensed her forehead, to find her firing there alone. So, he went to prepare some ice water and towels, and stayed by her side all night, her hands and legs with cold water, to cool down her fever, and from time to time, he forcedly made her swallow her medicine.

 

Taeyeon

 

I brushed off my eyes, to see that someone is there next to me. I squint my eyes, to see that it was the man that made me suffer this much.

I made my way out, and left the room quietly.

How did he come into here?

How would he come out then?

Why would I worry about them, even after all what he made me go through?

I just left and went to the library to study what I missed through the past days.

As I opened my book, I got a phone call, “Yes professor,”

“What? No, I don’t want to!”

“Ah professor, just make someone else go there.”

“I really don’t want to go.”

“What? It’s today? How can we go now?”

“We can’t make it on time!”

But that professor kept nagging on her to go together with Jimmy to Jeju Island, to bring some papers for him, and attend a seminar that would benefit them.

“I will give you 10 marks bonus on your final exam, deal?” he concluded to this unexpected deal.

Without knowing, Taeyeon replied with “Deal!”

And by that the professor took her word and ended first, even though she tried to oppose against it. 

 

Author

 

Jimmy woke up to find himself alone in Taeyeon’s room.

He checked his phone, to find that the professor sent him a confirming email, that he and Taeyeon are going on a trip today.

Just then, Taeyeon called, “Are you taking forever to leave my room?”

“Taeyeon, are you alright?”

“Hurry come down here, we need to march now, or we will miss our flight.”

He hurriedly ran like a light, that no one of the girls noticed his presence in their dormitory.

 

On their way to the airport, - without any luggage or anything else, just the two of them - Taeyeon explained for him everything about this trip.

 

“I’ll be fine alone.” He told Junho, “She will sense if you came along.”

“But still sir-”

“Let’s go.” He told her and went to check-in their tickets.

 

“From here,” the stewardess showed them their seats.

“Can I sit there?” she asked her.

“But your seat it’s reserved here…”

“Please.” The desperate look in Taeyeon’s eyes made the stewardess soften and understand her feelings.

“Sure, from here…”

That dumbfounded Ji, but he didn’t expect that she would greet him and smile brightly, after all what he did, or unintentionally do.

“You didn’t expect that I would sit and chat with you all along the trip right?” she told him.

He just bowed his head, and he was absentminded while staring at the plane’s window.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter