meet him

Beautiful Thing

Nice breeze. Although it is still winter soon spring will come. That’s the undeniable fact. In spite of the good things, three male sit at the corner, circling a table, out of everyone’s eye because they have taken so much attention with their appearance. Everyone admits it. 

“So, tell us.” The tallest one demands, piercing the small one with his eyes. 

“Our building is far away from that Economy faculty, besides I hear no one from that building join Professor Lee’s club,” another tall adds after a thought of possibility condition, “and—it’s Nayoung’s friend, literally I have no idea when Mingyu grab your to meet one of the notable man from Business Management.”

The small man pouts, disbelieving his own friend when they mock him like that. 

“Anyway hyung, it’s like my girlfriend’s friend. You are sure, he did not play a prank on you?” The tallest man checks again. 

The small man sighs, then nods. 

“Our Jonghyun is so pure, I’m gonna fight that person if—”

“BABY!!” A loud voice, familiar and able to make several pairs of eyes to turn at them, duo tall male sighs and check upon their friend turning into a red tomato. 

Two male do not fail to see how the interaction between them is so natural without any force and a familiar girl following behind with an unfamiliar figure. But one of the duos blinks his eyes as if his eyes are captivated with a particular attraction. 

“Mingyu,” a call from the girl knocks him out, looking at his side, the couple is getting their time. 

“Noona,” he calls back. Seungcheol wants to curse himself, due to his decision of being single and having two friends which no longer available, he has to watch the romance drama in front of his salad. He rolls his eyes and gets back his attention to the person sitting across him. 

“I bring a friend, so you won’t be so pathetic of seeing us together,” Nayoung taunts, when she welcomes her boyfriend into her space, “besides, Jonghyun got a boyfriend now. Better find yours—hm.”

“I guess I’m agreed to come with you and have a lunch in peace because we share a class later, noona?” The friend retorts. Seungcheol remains still, his eyes and his ears perk up as he sees the man. Feeling so odd because the man seems so familiar to him and he doesn’t remember where he meets the latter. 

Something inside stirs unfamiliar thing when he let himself engrossed with the man’s presence. Even when the man brings his tray and eats before Seungcheol, then finish it quickly before he occupies to read his journal. Although two couples beside them are noisy enough and the canteen seems to get fewer people to come, Seungcheol’s eyes and ears are deafened from the world. He is too busy to appreciate the living art in front of him. A godly living creature. Too soft to live in this world without any protection. 

“I’m leaving. You guys are so loud,” the man rises from his seat, grabbing his stuff and slings his bag to his back. Seungcheol comes to his sense, abruptly shouts the man’s name. “Jihoon, wait for him,” he hastily gathers his stuff and runs to the small man who stands at the front. 

“Do you know my name?” He instantly queries soon after the man joins with him, peering at him from head to toe. Seungcheol grins, shrugging his shoulder. 

“Kind of familiar—so I thought…” he senses the latter quirking a brow, having a trust issue at him, Seungcheol admits, he will do the same if he is in his position also, “mind if I walk you to your class?” 

Jihoon shrugs, walking firstly as he tugs his bag taut to his back. Seungcheol follows behind. 

“My name is Seungcheol. Choi Seungcheol.”

The latter snorts. “Kind of I’m Bond. James Bond.” He rolls his eyes, “your name is familiar but I can’t recall.” 

“Well, …it’s a common name. It’s Daegu Choi Seungcheol,” he proudly claims, putting his hand on his chest, like a proud one, he lifts up his chin. 

“No…the Cheol part, like I heard it somewhere before. But….never mind,  like you’ve said. It’s a common name,” he dismisses the moment in a blink. Never wanted to take it further. Seungcheol chuckles. 

Along the way, it is so quiet. But Seungcheol can stand it….for some minutes before he wants to invade the male’s space. 

“So your parent treat you well?” A sudden question that stops their step. Seungcheol has slipped the question from his lips. He should learn how to control himself in the future if he wants to avoid any trouble. 

Jihoon twists his brow, expressing a baffled look. And the man gulps down his nervousness from asking that question. 

“You are so soft, I am afraid if no one treats you well,” he adds. 

Jihoon bursts into a mess of giggling. He laughs hard, covering his laugh with a hand, he tries to compose himself. 

“Well….we just met an hour and a half ago. Now here….you are my buff? You are babbling about something you should not mind?” 

“I’m in love with you,” Seungcheol blurts out, making the man halted. Jihoon straightly sets his eyes looking at Seungcheol’s eyes. 

He pulls a smug smile. “You? I think you have eaten something poisonous before, go back to your friend. I’ll be waiting for Nayoung noona,” he snaps, unconsciously shoving the man out of his vision. Howbeit, Seungcheol stands there, unmoving. 

“Hey, you don’t introduce yourself properly,” Seungcheol mocks, gripping back to his ordinary self, smiling widely while his eyes show much unspoken affection to the latter. 

“I’m Lee Jihoon.” He bids. He leaves afterwards. But the trace of Jihoon is still there, leaving Seungcheol in abundant familiar feeling like a spring breeze touches his cheek, the feeling touches his heart and passes on the warmth. 

“Prince Lee…Lee Hoon. Your Cheol is back,” he blurts out, unthinkingly. Making the slumbered soul wakes up, making the breeze blows harder this time, somewhere far from his spot, Jihoon halts his pace. Turning back and eyeing the surrounding, he smiles a glad smile. He hears someone calling out for him. 

And he recognises the voice. 

“Lady Choi’s son. We meet again,” he mutters to himself, staring at his pinky finger, “not as a friend.” 

“As a soulmate, because the Heaven permits us to be together,” back to the Seungcheol’s point, he also stares at his pinky finger. He shows a thankful beam, then looking up at the sky. He is indebted to Heaven for letting him meet Jihoon and make him have a good family. 

 


notes :

it's weird, really weird ending. i guess. but i can't help. Just put your comment below ^^ anyway, this chapter is the current life. new life. so, don't be confused ^^