The Intruders, sneaking

The Sparks in Your Eyes

The mid November was starting to get even colder, meaning that winter was almost here. There was no longer bright sunlight even at the morning, and somehow the students missed seeing the beautiful bundle of rays peeking through their dormitory's curtains, gently their faces whenever they woke up.

 

 

The morning class of the 4th year was going to be filled with Defence Against The Dark Arts, a very weird combination of timing and weather indeed. There were whispers coming from the students, saying that the cursed class was going to get even more cursed especially in the cold season, saying something like the lurking dementors, not like Zitao cared. He was never fond with the class anyway, he preffered much to Herbology, Arithmancy or even Muggle Studies.

 

 

The thing that still bothered Zitao was, Gryffindors and Slytherins were still ignoring each other's presence, the same with Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs who took sides.

 

 

Since the issue with the Daily Prophet, everything at Hogwarts was so messed up and none of the professors tried to fix the problems. Perhaps not really worth their time, especially Snape who rather seemed to be happy that Slytherins were taking deeper rival against Gryffindors.

 

 

This also explain why Zitao was now still sitting alone, the usual spot of his best friend who used to sit next to him, which undoubtly Sehun, was left empty. Jongin sat far way on the back rows, along with Taemin and bicker about something that Zitao did not have the heart to ask Jongin to come sit next to him instead.

 

 

The class Professor was not yet arrived, but neither did Sehun. It was quite rare, or never that his best friend would miss the class, especially since he knew Sehun loved Defence Against The Dark Arts so much that it would be impossible that Sehun would skip it.

 

 

So the only probable reasoning might be, Sehun was sick, or so, he was still avoiding Zitao. That must be it.

 

 

Zitao felt like sulking since he really wanted to tell Sehun that he had found his wand, the wand they had been looking for months which he couldn't be happier. He wanted to share his happiness with his best friend, but if Sehun decided to still keeping his distance with Zitao, then he would respect his nest friend's decision for now.



“Why the long face?”

 

 

Zitao jolted in surprise and whirled his head to his side, finding that Jongin had deliberately sat on Sehun's spot with his usual cocky face. Zitao didn't mind though.

 

 

"No reason." Zitao blinked. "What are you doing here?"

 

 

"What? Have you also forgotten that I'm a fourth year just like you who is now learning in the DADA class?" Jongin faked offended.

 

 

"Not that." Zitao rolled his eyes. "Why are you sitting here? Shouldn't you be with Taemin?"

 

 

"Oh. I see your little friend is not yet here, and seeing your long face that screamed 'Jongin please help me, I'm lonely!' I couldn't just ignore you, could I?" Jongin faked sobbing this time.

 

 

"I did not show such face!"

 

 

"Ye did!" Jongin snorted.

 

 

"Certainly did not." Zitao mumbled, not like Jongin cared. "So how was last night?"

 

 

"Hm? You mean the detention?" Jongin asked, putting both of his feet on the desk. The Hufflepuff girl who sat in front of them cringed at the sight of Jongin's shoes, not daring to protests since Slytherins were just too much to debate with.

 

 

"Yeah. What did you exactly do?"

 

 

"Nothing much. Just cleaning off the unicorn s. I thought they would give us something more challenging like feeding the giants or riding centaurs." Jongin frowned.

 

"That's....relaxing." Zitao sighed. "I was worried for nothing."

 

 

"You were worried?"

 

 

"Of course I would be worried! Both of you and Sehun are only fourth years, Kris is badly injured and you guys can only depend with Joonmyeon-hyung!" Zitao scoffed.

 

 

"Joonmyeon? You mean the Gryffindor granpa?" Jongin snarled. "So that's his name huh."

 

 

"....Jongin, he's our Head Boy, it's only right for us to at least know his name?"

 

 

"Kris is the only Head Boy for Slytherins."

 

 

Zitao sighed heavily hearing Jongin's answer. Well, speaking of Kris...

 

 

"How was Kris?

 

 

"How was what?"

 

 

"Is he okay last night? Did he faint or anything?" Zitao bombarded with worries.

 

"Woah, calm your , Huang. He's fine. I think."

 

 

"You think?!" Zitao shrieked.

 

 

"Well, he's Kris Wu so he's obviously fine!" Jongin defended. "Besides, I was partnering up with this Joonmyeon guy so i don't know what actually happened!"
 

 

"Partering up? You guys went in pairs?" Zitao blinked.

 

 

"You tell me. He decided to split us up and I ended up with him. At first everything went so well, but somehow after twenty minutes cleaning off the s, he thought that it was a fun job and started giving me lectures about what contains the unicorn feses! Can you believe that, Huang?!" Jongin gagged, flailing his arms exaggeratedly.

 

 

"Typical of Joonmyeon-hyung. He's easily fascinated." Zitao nodded. "Wait, did you just say splitting up?"

 

 

"Yeah."

 

 

"Meaning, you went with Joonmyeon-hyung...." Zitao trailed. "So that means Sehun was with Kris?!"

 

 

"Very good, ten points to Huang Zitao." Jongin rolled his eyes, quietly face palming himself for Zitao's slow response.

 

 

Zitao wondered was that the reason Sehun was absent this morning? Did Kris do something to him that Sehun decided to skip class? Zitao knew very well that Kris wouldn't do such thing, but judging by the elder's obvious 'hatred' towards his best friend, everything was pretty much possible.

 

 

"How was Kris dealing with that?" Zitao asked nervously.

 

 

"He was...unexpectedly calm. He didn't speak much. I don't know what happened next though."

 

 

"Is it because he's still in pain?" Zitao asked worried.

 

 

"I don't know, man. Just ask him directly will you?" Jongin scowled. "He'd just brush me off even if I ask him. You on the other hand, is somehow special."

 

 

"What do you mean?" Zitao raised his brow.

 

 

Jongin was about to answer something but then stopped and glanced to the door, followed by Zitao who also glance into the same direction and stiffened.

 

 

Sehun was standing there, holding his backpack and locked gaze with Zitao’s. Sehun had planned all night to apologize to his best friend, but to his luck, he overslept and came late. Jongin had also taken his usual seat next to Zitao, and he couldn’t possibly shoo the Slytherin’s seeker away, that would only make the situation between the two houses even worse.

 

 

So then he walked slowly to the only empty seat next to a Ravenclaw boy, just a few rows back from Zitao’s, ignoring the small calls from his best friend who obviously attempted to speak to him. By the time he sat on his seat, he could see the slump shoulder of Zitao from the back, definitely feeling dejected by Sehun’s attitude.

 

 

He felt guilty to both Zitao and Kris, since he promised the Slytherin Head Boy to fix things right between him and Zitao.

 

 

Just then, Professor Snape came in with his usual blank, serious look. The students were confused and stared into each other before the solate professor greeted the class with his infamous deep— sour tone.

 

 

"Good morning class. Not so a 'good' morning is it? I suppose as long as you are here at hogwarts, there are no good things happening at the moment." The man sneered. "Now, turn to page 394."

 

 

There were whispers coming from the students, but after the terrifying death stare the professor was giving, everyone quickly shut up and proceeded on opening their books before a Ravenclaw girl who sat on the very front row darely raised her hand.

 

 

"Excuse me sir, but shouldn't Professor Lupin teaching this class?" She politely asked.

 

 

"You don't think I did not know the socalled obvious fact that your lovely professor is teaching the Defence Against the dark Arts, do you?" Snape snapped. The girl slowly retreacted her hand and sunk on her seat.

 

 

"He has this 'unfinished' business so I am going to be your temporary DADA teacher, much to your luck. And I expect everyone to do great in this class. Fail to do so, I guarantee you won't be having your O.W.L exams next year." He continued.

 

 

"And who is going to be the teaching the potions, sir?" A Hufflepuff boy quietly asked.

 

 

"That would be Professor Slughorn. Now, no more questions before I start to take out your House Points."

 

 

The other didn't bother asking anything or protests of how Professor Slughorn was going to teach potions despite the old man was teaching the sixth and seventh years subjects. Everything Snape said was absolute.

 

 

"This is ridiculous. Snape's going to teach DADA?" Jongin whispered. "I'm in the verge of failing potions. Though I'm really good with Jinxes and Hexes, there's no guarantee I wouldn't fail this class too if Snape's our professor." Zitao could not agree more.

 

 

“We are not going to learn Jinxes and Hexes, Mr.Kim.” Snape glanced at where Jongin was sitting, quietly listening to Jongin’s self-complaint.

 

 

“We are going to learn the patronus charm.” The professor continued.

 

 

All eyes were staring with pure disbelief, some showed the eagerness to learn, and some just definitely against it.

 

 

Zitao was definitely the latter, patronus was never in the curriculum and it was one of the most difficult charm and not all four years could do it.




On the other hand, Sehun got excited since first, he always wanted to learn patronus, and second, Zitao would definitely whined and complained, and this was his chance to made up to his best friend by asking Luhan to teach them.

 

 

He just hoped the best, he really did miss his best friend so much.
 

 

 

 

---






 

 

 

 

Kris was chopping his potion ingredients silently. He had been absent for a week due to his indicent with Bludger at quidditch, and this morning was the first time he showed up in class. The girls had been bothering him since he was laying at the hospital wing, and somehow they also managed to surrounded Kris and Jongin when they walked together this morning with screams and squeals, not minding Kris' injured state.

 

 

Weirdly enough, he also felt that someone was pulling his hair, much to his personal space. Strange. But Kris just brushed it off.

 

 

Luhan was grouping with Kris, standing in front of the tall Head Boy, sharing the same table though the other was unusually silent. Usually Luhan would shrieked like a girl when he chopped some ingredients loudly next to Kris and asked him to do his job instead and let Luhan brew the potion to stop anymore screams coming from the Hufflepuff boy.

 

 

Perhaps Luhan was still with this 'Hufflepuff taking sides to Gryffindor' thingy? Though Kris already promised Zitao that he would fix the things, he had not yet spoken to any Gryffindors other than Oh Sehun.

 

 

Speaking of Sehun, had the boy talked to Zitao like Kris told him to? Had they finally made up? Though Kris certainly disliked the idea of Zitao being friends with Oh Sehun, he couldn't help wishing they would just went back to normal like they used to. Kris couldn't bear seeing Zitao with his sad expression anymore.

 

 

 

"Kris, you're doing it wrong."

 

 

 

Kris blinked his eyes and glanced to Joonmyeon beside him who frowned at the grotesque slugs which Kris just chopped. He had forgotten that Joonmyeon was also grouping with him. No wonder it was so quiet, he was grouping with both Gryffindor and Hufflepuff.

 

 

"You're supposed to squeeze it, not chop it." Joonmyeon continued.

 

 

"No, the book certainly says to chop it." Kris mumbled, turning the pages.

 

 

"You're day dreaming again." Joonmyeon sighed. "Is it because you hit your head?"

 

 

"I'm fine." Kris scowled. He glanced to Luhan who was still frowning silently while stirring the potion inside the cauldron.

 

 

"Are you really going to act like this?" Kris scoffed.

 

"What?" Luhan blinked.

 

 

"Ignoring the whole Slytherins. Like for real?"

 

 

"I'm not.." Luhan mumbled.

 

 

"Don't play dumb, Luhan." Kris spat.

 

 

"Well it wasn't me! They told me not to stop talking to you all and—"

 

 

"—They?"

 

 

"My housemates, they certainly took very big deal of what the Daily Prophet wrote." Luhan sighed. "I'm really sorry, I didn't want to join this stupid game but they said as a prefect, I was supposed to give examples to the other."

 

 

"Why are you apologizing? I don't need your sorry." Kris raised his brow.

 

 

"What? But you were complaining...."

 

 

"Oh? To be honest, I don't really care. You guys can hate Slytherin as much as you want and I wouldn't even bat an eye."

 

 

"Then why—"

 

 

"Zitao asked me to stop this stupid house rivals thingy." Kris shrugged. "He said he hated it when we hate each other. So I promise to get things right."

 

 

"Oh..." Luhan's expression softened at the mentioning of Zitao's name.

 

 

"Which is why, as a Prefect, one of your job is to listen to me and I, as the HeadBoy, order you to tell your friends to stop ignoring the Slytherins." Kris continued.

 

 

Luhan stayed silent but nodded slowly, feeling guilty that he made Zitao felt uncomfortable.

 

 

"Are you not going to tell me to stop the Gryffindors too? I mean, we practically the house that caused you Slytherins the real deal." Joonmyeon folded his arms.

 

 

"You? You're also a HeadBoy, yet you need me to tell you? What are you, five? You can't get straight to things that are considered right? No wonder all Gryffindors are barbaric." Kris mocked.

 

 

"Barbar—??!!! Why you—!!!!" Joonmyeon fumed.

 

 

The two HeadBoys bickered some more, not like the other 6th year students minded. They were all used to it, especially Minseok who was brewing beside Luhan without minding the other.

 

 

"Are we still going to ignore the Slytherins, Lu?" Minseok muttered, puffing his chubby cheeks. "Kris is right, you need to tell the others to stop this."

 

 

"I'm working on it.." Luhan sighed.

 

 

"I miss Zitao. I miss baby peach." Minseok sniffed.

 

 

"I miss him too..." Luhan smiled softly. "Let's have the Hufflepuff's emergency meeting tonight, yeah?"

 

 

"Sure." Minseok grinned.

 

 

Kris eavesdrop the two Hufflepuffs conversation and smiled to himself. He was glad that Zitao was loved and treasured, the kid deserved it.

 

 

Kris would be happier if the Slytherins could also treat Zitao that way.

 

 

He wasn't that dense to begin with, he knew his housemates hated Zitao by heart just because the kid was all sweethearts. Some of the Slytherins also told Kris to stay away from Zitao many times, telling him that the boy was making his reputation among the other Slytherins bad.




 

Kris wouldn't mind getting his reputation bad, if that meant he could stay close to Zitao.





 

 

 

 

---





 

 

 

 

"Are you sure, Baek? What if we got caught?"

 

 

"Oh shush Chan, we can do this!"

 

 

"But we're probably breaking hundreds of school rules!"

 

 

"Which is why you need to shut up!"

 

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun, the Gryffindor couple were brewing the Polyjuice potion inside their bedroom. Thanks to Baekhyun's persistency, they planned to sneak into Slytherin's common room tonight to greet Zitao just because Bakehyun was 'missing my baby boy dearly'. This was a dangerous task obviously, not to mention if they got caught, they would sacrifice probably hundreds of points from Gryffindor or worst, expelled.

 

 

"I don't think me being Kris is a brilliant idea." Chanyeol whined, holding a stripe of silver lock he got from Kris early this morning when the girls surrounded the Slytherin Head Boy.

 

 

 

"It's a brilliant idea. I mean, you're almost as tall as Kris so that shouldn't be a problem." Baekhyun hummed.

 

 

 

“I wasn’t talking about that. I mean, what if someone from Slytherin is asking me something? What am I supposed to do?” Chanyeol showed a bothered look.

 

 

 

“Just give them the death glare! They’ll go away for sure!” Baekhyun huffed.

 

 

 

The two Gryffindors bickered some more whether they sould do it or not, considering the tension between Gryffindor and Slytherin were still happening, so if they got caught, everyone would think they would sabotage by sneaking into Slytherin common room and it would worsen relationship of the two houses even more.

 

 

 

Chanyeol insisted they shouldn't do this for the sake of their house reputation, but Baekhyun, with his too much bravery, insisted that they sould greet and cheer Zitao up just for few minutes since the boy looked sad for the past week.

 

 

 

"McGonagall's going to kill us, Baek. No wait. Snape is going to kill us." Chanyeol whispered.

 

 

 

"Nonsense, I heard some Gryffindor sneaked into Slytherin common room once, and no one knew even until now!" Baekhyun grinned, stirring the boiling potion in front of him.

 

 

 

"But if no one knew...where did the story come from?" Chanyeol tilted his head.

 

 

 

"That's eh— ummmmm—" Baekhyun furrowed his brow.

 

 

 

They stared into each other dumbly and jolted in great surprise when the bedroom door opened, quickly scattering their things and Chanyeol, with his long legs, kicked every ingredients and brewing equipments under his bed, making such noisy noise while Baekhyun covered the potion in the cauldron with his robes.

 

 

 

"What are you guys doing?" Sehun raised his brow, putting his bag down.

 

 

 

"Oh goodness, thank god it's only you!" Baekhyun sighed heavily, uncovering the potion and kicked Chanyeol's long limbs. "I tought I told you to lock the door!"

 

 

 

“I forgot!” Chanyeol cried.

 

 

 

 

“Guys, seriously what are you doing?” Sehun narrowed his eyes at the boiling liquid in the cauldron “What is that?”

 

 

 

“Ohh, this? It’s a—“

 

 

 

Baekhyun shrieked and kicked Chanyeol for the second time, preventing his boyfriend to spill anything.

 

 

 

“It’s nothing!” Baekhyun awkwardly laughed.

 

 

 

Sehun sighed and silently massaging his nose bridge, too tired of his roommates’ idiocy. He sat on his bed and scrunched his nose in disgust when he smelled the potion for the first time.

 

 

 

“Is that Polyjuice potion?”

 

 

 

“What? No.” Baekhyun lied, obviously failed.

 

 

 

“Come on hyung, there’s no other potions that smelled like Goblin’s piss.” Sehun sighed.  

 

 

 

“Fine. Yes, it’s Polyjuice potion. There’s no meaning to lie to you though.” Baekhyun puffed his cheek.

 

 

 

“And who are you willing to turn into?”

 

 

 

“Kris. I mean, it’s Chanyeol. I’m turning into…Kim Jongin. Baekhyun shrugged.

 

 

 

“How did you even— you know what? I don’t even want to know.” Sehun grunted. “But why?”

 

 

 

“We’re sneaking into Slytherin’s common room tonight!” Chanyeol declared, while Baekhyun silently giving up since his boyfriend literally spilled everything.

 

 

 

“Before you say anything, it’s because I really, like REEEEEAALLLYYYY miss Zitao. I know we’re risking Gryffindor, and probably breaking hundreds of rules, but with the bulls going on between us and Slytherins I can’t take it anymore, Sehun-ah!” Baekhyun sighed heavily and rested his head on Chanyeol’s broad shoulder.

 

 

 

“And also, I’m just being dragged by Baekhyunnie.” Chanyeol said quietly.

 

 

 

Sehun said nothing at first, but laughed softly and dropped his whole body on his bed. He felt pathetic, Zitao was his best friend and yet, he did the least compared to Zitao’s other friends.

 

 

 

“I wish I could join you. But you know I have detention every night until next week.” Sehun finally said.

 

 

 

“It’s okay Sehun-ah. We’re also planning this since Kris and Kim Jongin are also going out so we could sneak into their common room as their figure.” Baekhyun patted Sehun, joining him on his small bed. “But do you want me to say something to Zitao?”

 

 

 

“Just tell him I also miss him. Very much.” Sehun said.

 

 

 

“Oh? You’re not gonna say you’re sorry for avoiding him?” Chanyeol asked from his bed.

 

 

 

“That, I’ll say it to him directly.” Sehun smiled.

 

 

 

“Awww, my baby is all grown up!” Baekhyun cooed, hugging Sehun which gained a groaned from the boy.

 

 

 

“Just remember, though.” Sehun said.

 

 

 

“What?” Baekhyun asked, pinning Sehun underneath him.

 

 

 

 

“If you failed, this will probably cause Gryffindor and Slytherin hating each other forever.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was full moon already when the two Gryffindor couples sat on the school ground, hiding in the bushes where they couldn’t be seen. Baekhyun prepared everything, including the potion. The short boy also wore normal clothing, so that when they turned into Kris and Jongin, no Slytherins would notice, they hope.

 

 

“Channie, are you ready?” Baekhyun breathed, holding a cup of potion and a strand of hair, which belonged to Jongin.

 

 

“Uhmmm..” Chanyeol gulped, also holding Kris’ hair.

 

 

“On three, we drink this in one go alright? Ready?” Baekhyun huffed, sprinkling the hair into the potion and Chanyeol did the same.

 

 

 “One…two…three!”

 

 

They both drank in one go just like Baekhyun said, and with scrunched up face when the bitter-taste of the potion slowly went into their throats, they tried so hard to not vomit nor make any strange noise.

 

 

“This…this is the worst…” Chanyeol mumbled, covering his mouth.

 

 

“Should’ve brought Butter Beer to cover up the taste!” Baekhyun burped. “This is worse than a goblin’s piss…”

 

 

Slowly, they felt the potion worked as their body began to feel weird, a boiling—tingly sensation and a bit of stomachache, just like what people had described. Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol whose his curly hair turned into a straight— silver colored, and his brows thickened, amazingly just like Kris Wu’s.

 

 

Baekhyun, on the other hand, his skin slowly got darker, his body stretched and got taller, his brunette hair turned into a brownish— darker than his original hair.

 

 

They both stared into each other’s face, examining their partner’s changing figure.

 

 

“My god, you’re gorgeous…” Baekhyun breathed in. Chanyeol, as in Kris, was wearing a simple white shirt and dark jeans, ‘his’ silver hair tousled into every direction but still, he looked gorgeous. Kris looked gorgeous.

 

 

“You know if the girls see you like this, they’ll go crazy for sure.” Baekhyun continued.

 

 

Chanyeol grinned happily at his boyfriend’s remark, forgetting that he was turning into Kris, and that Baekhyun was in fact, complimenting the Slytherin Head Boy’s handsome figure.

 

 

“You look….well, you look...You look like Jongin.” Chanyeol said, examining the presence of ‘Jongin’ In front of him.

 

 

“Duh.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Just one more thing though.”

 

 

Baekhyun took a fresh bandage from his pocket, wrapping it around Chanyeol’s head, just like Kris’ injured state.

 

 

“That’s better. You look just like Kris Wu.” Baekhyun grinned. “Now, let’s go before Zitao does his night shift.”

 

 

They walked very slowly, fidgeting in discomfort especially Chanyeol who seemed to be more nervous than before.

 

 

“Stop that, you’ll only make it more obvious.” Baekhyun gripped Chanyeol’s arm, whispering rather harshly to his boyfriend.

 

 

“But!” Chanyeol whimpered, “Do you happen to know which way to Slytherin’s common room?”

 

 

“Of course! It’s in the dungeon! Why else would they call it the ‘Slytherin Dungeon’”? Baekhyun hissed.

 

 

“Yes I know, but exactly which part of the dungeon?” Chanyeol mumbled.

 

 

“No idea, let’s just head there first.”

 

 

They walked to the Great Entrance, and a stair just beside the door, with a dark, heavy aura emitting from downstairs.

 

 

“This must be the stairs.” Baekhyun whispered.

 

 

“It’s too dark…”

 

 

“Oh my god, then cast a Lumos will you?”

 

 

Chanyeol quickly took his wand from inside his pocket with a Lumos, followed by Baekhyun who did the same. They walked downstairs, hand in hand since Chanyeol was too afraid there might be some trolls in the dungeon, not like it would happen.

 

 

When they reached the last step, they examined the place. Long, dark, narrow hall with a cold air, almost no light illuminating the thick brick walls.

 

 

“This is creepier than I thought…no wonder almost all Slytherins are depressingly annoying.” Baekhyun mumbled.

 

 

“So, which way is the common room?” Chanyeol asked, silently agreeing with Baekhyun’s previous statement.

 

 

“I don’t know…let’s just head this way.”

 

 

They walked deeper to the hall, cold chilling air piercing through their skin. They had been walking for ten minutes but no sight of any Slytherin common room.

 

 

“I can’t take this anymore, Baek!” Chanyeol whined, dropping off his body on the ground.

 

 

“Come onnn Chan! It’s cold so let’s look again, okay?” Baekhyun said, pulling Chanyeol’s hand. He regtretted only wearing simple shirts, he could've wore something warm and his scarf, but then again it would be too obvious since he only had his house scarf.

 

 

“But—”

 

 

Just then, a dog came from the darkness, sniffing the ground with its nose. Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun stared at the golden retriever dog, a red collar circling its neck, while the dog stopped its track and stared into Chanyeol, or Kris.

 

 

“Hello doggie, are you lost?” Baekhyun cooed.

 

 

The dog twitched its ears, silently walking to Chanyeol who kept sitting on the ground. The furry dog slowly sniffed into Chanyeol’s whole body, confusing both himself and Baekhyun.

 

 

“Uhhh…why is it sniffing me?” Chanyeol whispered.

 

 

“Maybe it likes you?” Baekhyun hummed.

 

 

The dog continued to ‘examine’ Chanyeol, and after a closer look of its red collar, Chanyeol could see the name written on its neck.

 

 

“Baozi? Is that your name?” Chanyeol raised his brow.

 

 

The dog tilted its head cutely, showing a confused expression and a soft whimper came from its mouth.

 

 

“Why does it look confused?” Chanyeol muttered.

 

 

“Maybe this dog belongs to a Slytherin?” Baekhyun gasped. He then crouched down in front of the dog, petting its head softly, “Hey doggie, can you show us the way to Slytherin common room?”

 

 

The dog only stared in silence, its eyes were sharp and judging.

 

 

“Come on, S.L.Y.T.H.E.R.I.N.?” Baekhyun said again, this time imitating a snake with a ‘hiss’, hoping the dog would understand him.

 

 

The dog blinked slowly, obviously not interested with Baekhyun and the boy sighed in defeat, standing on his feet.

 

 

“Come on Chan, let’s just go back. I suppose tonight we can’t see Zitao no matter how much I miss him.” Baekhyun muttered.

 

 

Suddenly, after hearing Zitao’s name being mentioned, the dog barked excitedly, startling both Chanyeol and Baekhyun who tried to shushed the dog, not wanting to get caught.

 

 

“What’s wrong with it?” Chanyeol whispered.

 

 

“I don’t know…”

 

 

The dog wiggled its tail and bit Baekhyun’s pants, signaling him to follow the dog. Baekhyun stumbled at first but quickly gained his composure, as well as pulling Chanyeol along.

 

 

“Hey doggie, are you showing us the way to Slytherin common room?” Baekhyun panted while running, following the dog.

 

 

The dog kept running deeper into the dungeon, its tongue sticking out of its mouth, bouncing in sync with its fast steps.

 

 

The dog made a sharp turn in the corner, stopping abruptly in front of a huge, magnificent door with green fires dangling on both sides.

 

 

“Hey, why are you stopping?“ Baekhyun panted hard, followed by Chanyeol who looked like he almost gave up anytime soon.

 

 

When he realized they were standing in front of the obviously Slytherin’s common room, he glanced to the dog to get a clarification, though not really necessary.

 

 

“Is this the place?”

 

 

The dog nodded.

 

 

“Brilliant! Thanks uhhh—“

 

 

“Baozi. Its name is Baozi.” Chanyeol said between his heavy breathing, still exhausted with the running. “Name’s on the collar.” He continued.

 

 

“Right. So Baozi, uhhh—“ Baekhyun trailed. “What’s the door password?”

 

 

The dog stared into Baekhyun in disbelief, as if it was offended, its ears twitched in an annoying gesture and the dog was growling softly.

 

 

“Alright but I don’t know the password either!” Baekhyun defended himself, as if he understood what the dog was saying.

 

 

“So now what? We found their common room but now we need a password to enter.” Chanyeol mumbled.

 

 

“I know Chan, you don’t need to repeat that.” Baekhyun whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you guys doing?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

A familiar voice was heard which startled Baekhyun and Chanyeol. They both flinched and Chanyeol made a very—unmanly—shriek which confused the other since he was facing the Kris Wu.

 

 

“J— Jongdae” Baekhyun, or Jongin said.

 

 

There, stood just few meters from them was Kim Jongdae, the very famous Slytherin prankster, and happened to be their classmate. They spent the whole five years witnessing the boy’s pranks to his friends whenever the chances he got, and obviously Kim Jongdae was obnoxiously loud and noisy.

 

 

Which was why, if they were to be found out by Kim Jongdae, Baekhyun would preferred to just transfer to other wizarding school instead of being caught by his evil classmate.

 

 

“Why the horror face? Am I that scary?” Jongdae asked. “Why are you guys standing by the door? Shouldn’t you guys do something like detention with those Gryffindor guys in the forbidden forest?”

 

 

“We were— uhhh—“ Chanyeol stuttered. 

 

 

“We ditched those Gryffindors to chill in the dorm instead.” Baekhyun answered confidently. He knew exactly the kind of traits the Slytherins were, though Kris Wu would never do something like that but oh well.

 

 

“Really?” Jongdae snorted. “Nice, man!”

 

 

He gave a high five to Baekhyun then realized there was a ball of brownish fur sitting on the ground.

 

 

“What, the dog’s still here?” Jongdae raised his brow.

 

 

“What? It’s not Slytherin’s?” Chanyeol asked, which he silently got a kick from Baekhyun.

 

 

“What the , Kris? Since when did we have a dog? Did your brain get damaged too badly that it hurt your memories also?” Jongdae mocked.

 

 

Chanyeol could only pout. Which disgust Jongdae of course.

 

 

“So where have you been?” Baekhyun asked, trying not to be suspicious.

 

 

“Hogsmeade, as usual. I was buying some sweets for my sugar rush.” Jongdae shrugged.

 

 

“What? How did you even go to Hogsmeade by night time??”

 

 

“Why are you so surprised? You also come with me sometimes.” Jongdae asked confused.

 

 

Well done Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

“Anyway, what are you going to do with the dog? It’s been outside our common room since I left two hours ago.” Jongdae said, taking out a lollipop from his pocket and put it on his mouth.

 

 

“I don’t know…let’s just get it inside? It’s cold here.” Chanyeol said.

 

 

“Woah Kris, I didn’t know you have such soft spot for fluffy things. I thought you were only go for Huang, no?” The boy smirked.

 

 

“What? No! I have a boyfriend and I’m perfectly in love with—“ Chanyeol defended, forgetting that he was playing as Kris and Baekhyun needed to stop his boyfriend before everything turned bad, so he kicked Chanyeol’s shin and the taller hissed in pain but realized his mistake.

 

 

“I mean yes! I’m perfectly in love with Huang Zitao!” Chanyeol declared.

 

 

Baekhyun face palmed, ready to drowned Chanyeol in the Great Lake later.

 

 

“Oh my god you admitted it! Oh god, this is gold!!” Jongdae laughed, more like screeched.

 

 

Chanyeol glanced confusedly to Baekhyun, being beyond clueless and Baekhyun really, really wanted to chop his boyfriend’s head immediately.

 

 

“But Kris loves Zitao right? I’m not wrong, am I?” Chanyeol whispered.

 

 

“That’s not the problem!” Baekhyun replied harshly.

 

 

“Come on guys, let’s celebrate Kris’ indirect confession inside!” Jongdae said, still laughing. “Also, bring the dog. It’s cute.”

 

 

The dog barked excitedly, wiggling its tail with happiness while both Baekhyun and Chanyeol were feeling beyond nervous.

 

 

 

 

Because this will be their first time coming to Slytherin’s common room.

 

 

 

HEEEEYY GUYS!!! I know some of you are maybe feeling unhappy since I didn’t update for what, like a month? But I have my reasons! You see, two weeks ago I got sick, I barely moved a finger lol and I have 4 projects for uni so I’m really kinda confused how to manage my time for writing and assignments I’m really sorry! And I just had a full, 7 days workshop last week so I kinda drained here I hope you can forgive me ;_;

About this chapter, it’s full of ChanBaek disguising as Jongin and Kris, just because Baekhyun missed his baby peach! And also, Minseok (Baozi) joining the party, and it’s the first time he’s meeting Jongdae! I think this chapter is really fun to write, I’ve always wanted someone to use the polyjuice potion lol.

 

I hope you enjoy this chapter as well, and once again forgive me!

 

 

Love, author<3