The Games, trick and treat

The Sparks in Your Eyes

There was a main reason why Gryffindor and Slytherin were nemesis for centuries. Aside from the rivalry between the founder of their houses, their traits were probably the main reason they always competed to one another. Gryffindor's chivalry who never gave up and Slytherin's ambition to achieve anything had always been the problem for every competitions, including the inter-house Quidditch cup.

 

“Welcome to this season’s most-awaited Quidditch intern-house! I am Park Chanyeol, Byun Baekhyun’s lovely boyfriend will be assisting as your favorite commentator!” Baekhyun who sat behind Chanyeol, slapped his boyfriend’s arm and shrunk due to embarrassment.

“Now, as you can see, this week is a big match for both House Gryffindor and House Slytherin who had been working hard, especially Slytherins after their painful lost last season!”

 

The crowd cheered and clapped, not complaining about Chanyeol’s awful opening speech, as usual. There were red and green flags everywhere for the benches, with students wrapped in their scarfs, representing the color of their houses. It was a cold November anyway.

 

Joonmyeon felt nervous though he wasn’t part of the team. He was shifting on his seat, hoping that the Gryffindor team would win somehow just like last year. He was the Head Boy from Gryffindor after all, and he knew Kris Wu was excellent in everything, including Quidditch.

 

 

“Why are you the one who’s nervous?” Yixing said beside him.

 

 

“Of course I would be. What if one of the team got hurt? Quidditch is a violent game after all. Not to mention they’re going against Slytherin. Last year, Sehun broke his arm right after he entered the field.”

 

 

“Relax, they’ll be alright.” Yixing smiled while holding one of Joonmyeon’s hand. “Besides, your house team is quite strong.”

 

 

“Yeah, you’re right…” Joonmyeon sighed, but giving a small smile. “By the way, where’s Kyungsoo?”

 

 

“Oh, he’s in Slytherin’s row.” Yixing frowned. “I don’t know why he suddenly supports Slytherin though. What a traitor.”

 

 

“Don’t be so childish, he gets to support whichever team he wants.” Joonmyeon rolled his eyes.

 

Luhan then quietly sat next to Yixing, shivering due to the cold air. He was wearing his house gloves and his house scarf, but still the cold was just too much.

 

 

“Hey Lu.” Yixing greeted.

 

 

“Oh, hey Yixing…” Luhan smiled. “Hey Joonmyeon.”

 

 

“Hi Luhan.”

 

 

“You’re alone? Where’s Minseok? Usually you will be dragging him along to watch the game.” Yixing chuckled.

 

“He refused to come. He said he’d rather sleep on his bed because it’s too cold. He hates Quidditch.” Luhan mumbled.

 

“You also hate Quidditch, Luhan.”

 

“Yeah, I mean no! I love Quidditch.” Luhan turned red, gaining laughter from both Joonmyeon and Yixing.

 

 

The crowd kept cheering for their teams, eager to start the game as soon as possible. Chanyeol was taking too damn long for the opening ceremony ‘speech’, constantly blabbering nonsense stuffs until Baekhyun needed to stop his boyfriend.

 

 

“Now, I present you, House Gryffindor!!”

 

 

The red team flew with such agility and excitement. There were fiery sensations as Gryffindor entered the field with their flying broomsticks. Seungri, as the captain waved to the crowds, gaining the legendary Go! Go! Gryffindor! cheers and screams from the audiences. Luhan kept his eyes on Sehun somewhere from the Gryffindor rows. He was cheering for Gryffindor, obviously.

 

 

“Okay, okay we’ve seen how cool my house team is! Now, for the other team! SLYTHERIN!!”

 

 

The green team entered with such gracefulness. The crowd went crazy when Kris made a gesture with his hand and the team quickly changed position into and ‘S’ line, representing a serpent and flew with such flexure movement. Though most of the audiences were rooting for Gryffindor, they couldn’t help but cheered and clapped for the beautiful performance.

 

 

“OMG THAT WAS SO COOL!” Chanyeol fanboy-ed. “Anyway, Madam Hooch is waiting right in the center of the field!”

 

 

The entire team flew to the center of the field, filling their positions in the air. Kris glared to the direction of the young Gryffindor seeker with no reason. Beside Sehun was Jongin who also showed an irritation expression.

 

“I will beat your , Oh.” Jongin sneered.

 

“No, you.” Sehun spat back.

 

When the Quaffle was launched in the air, both team’s chasers quickly flew as fast as possible, with Gryffindor seizing the Quaffle first.

 

“What a great start for my house! I mean Gryffindor!” Chanyeol shouted.

 

Minho quickly led his broomstick towards the Gryffindor chaser, bumping the poor boy due to the hard impact he created.

 

“Going somewhere?!” He shouted.

 

The chaser did nothing and instead flew faster, avoiding another bumping the sly Slytherin boy caused. Minho tried hard chasing the boy, stumbling from his broomstick once in a while but the boy was as fast as a firebolt, impossible to be caught up. When Minho lost control of his broomstick, he paced down immediately, leaving the Gryffindor chaser away from his pursuit.

 

“What are you doing?!” Taemin shouted. “You’re supposed to block him and snatch the Quaffle!”

 

“I know! But he’s too fast, geez!” Minho shouted back.

 

The Gryffindor chaser was closer to the goal, with the crowd cheering for the boy. The house was known for the best in chasers for centuries, no wonder the boy was so swift.

 

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, here we have the Gryffindor chaser with their first goal in three— two—“

 

 

By the time the chaser threw the Quaffle to Slytherin’s goal, out of nowhere, Kris suddenly appeared, blocking the Quaffle with his built body in a swift move. The Slytherin rows went crazy as the captain successfully blocked the first attempt of scoring with such graceful movement. Chanyeol was taken aback by the sudden move, even the chaser boy who was surprised retreated back.

 

 

Jongin watched the entire scene with a proud smirk, with Sehun groaning beside him.

 

 

“See that, Oh? Our captain’s the best. He won’t let any of you guys score.” Jongin mocked. “Just like he won’t let you score Huang.”

 

“What?”

 

Before Jongin could answer, the crowd once again went crazy by Kris’ second attempt of failing Gryffindor’s score. Sehun’s mouth opened wide due to the crazy performance of the Slytherin. Even Gryffindor’s best chasers couldn’t seem to break through Kris’ marvelous defense.

 

 

“Woah, he’s so fiery.” Jongin laughed.

 

Sehun grunted in distress, they couldn’t lose like this. At least not with Slytherin, their biggest nemesis. Losing to Slytherin was so much worse than failing in DADA class.

 

“We can’t end the game like this…” Sehun mumbled. He then flew further, intending to find the golden snitch since he was a seeker, and also to avoid Jongin’s provocative mockery.

 

Sehun was flying randomly everywhere in the Quidditch field and thanks to his luck, he suddenly saw the golden snitch flying playfully in front of him with a swift move before flying away to the opposite direction.

 

Sehun wasted no chance, so he quickly turned his broomstick where the snitch went away. With great concentration, he kept focusing on the snitch and controlling his broomstick, when suddenly he bumped into something, more like someone from his side with great force.

 

“Why are you following me?!” Sehun shouted.

 

“I’m not following you, dumb ! I’m following the snitch!”

 

“Go away, you punk!” Sehun flew back to his original position, bumping his broomstick to Jongin’s until it made a ‘clack’ noise. Jongin was rather surprised by the counter attack, so he slowed down his speed.

 

“That’s cheating!” Jongin shouted.

 

 

“You started it!!”

 

Jongin grunted in annoyance and flew with his original speed, wanting to chase the Gryffindor seeker. He hated losing, especially to his rival.

 

With both seekers now chasing each other, the crowd no longer paid attention to the chasers that snatched the Quaffle one another. Sehun and Jongin flew rather comically with constant shouting and mocking, whilst somehow Sehun managed to kick Jongin until the young Slytherin seeker stumbled and dangling from his broomstick.

 

“Hey you guys! You’re supposed to seek for the golden snitch, not chasing each other!” Chanyeol spoke from the microphone. “Sehun-ah! Stop it!”

 

The golden snitch was no longer their priority, instead they continued kicking each other, hoping that one of them would fell from their broomstick.

 

 

“Hey Kris! Look at what Kim did!” Minho shouted while flying towards their captain a few meters away, pointing at Jongin and Sehun’s direction. “That brat is fighting with Gryffindor’s seeker in game! Do something!”

 

 

Kris didn’t respond anything, the captain only stared at the cheering crowds with a blank face. He blocked two times and it had only been fifteen minutes since the game started, but it seemed that somehow Kris lost his concentration.

 

“Captain!!” Minho shouted.

 

Kris didn’t budge and kept his freezing position, glancing around the crowd. He was flying in front of the goals, blinking his eyes once in a while, as if he was looking for something.

 

 

“KRIS!”

 

Minho shouted harder and this time, Kris snapped back to reality. He widen his eyes, sensing that he was daydreaming in the middle of the game before he saw something came to him in a very fast movement and hit his head with a loud thud, destroying his helmet.

 

It was the Bludger. He just hit his head with a Bludger, and he felt a sharp pain and dizziness after the impact, his conscious started to faded out and he fell on his broomstick, feeling that his body slowly lost all its strength before he finally passed out on the ground.

 

 

The last thing Kris remembered was he was looking for Zitao in the crowd, only that the boy wasn’t anywhere in sight.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Zitao happily hopped around the castle, humming traditional songs from his hometown. He was wearing the winter cloak uniform due to the cold weather, and an unusual wolly silver scarf protectively wrapped around his neck. He wasn't wearing his house scarf, which was very much required. But since no one was around in the castle at the moment, Zitao was free to wear whatever he wanted.

 

 

Everyone including the school staffs were undoubtly watching the Quidditch match, even Mr.Filch himself and his annoying cat, Mrs.Norris. Somehow being a non-Quidditch fan had its advantage, such as you didn't have to attend the match and feel as if the world was crumbling like everyone else.

 

 

He felt guilty of course, for not cheering along his house on the match, but apparently after last evening's incident, Zitao couldn't possibly let the crooked figure lurking anywhere in the castle. Not when it had Zitao's long lost wand which caused him troubles without his wand.

 

 

He had decided to seek for the truth by asking the figure itself, and working by daylight was less frightening than working at night. And without the presence of everyone, it was a perfect day to do his self-investigantion with no one judging.

 

 

Zitao had decided that he needed to start solving his problems without causing anymore troubles for the other prefects and head boys.

 

 

Head boys.

 

 

Kris Wu.

 

 

 

Of course, the main reason Zitao didn't come to the match was probably because he refused to see Kris Wu, flying handsomely on his broomstick with the audiences cheering for his performance.

 

 

After he saw Kris and Jessica kissing in Kris’ birthday party last evening, Zitao felt like he didn't want to see Kris at the moment, because apparently it hurt his feeling, though Zitao didn't exactly know why.

 

 

The Bloody Baron ghost’s words were also echoing inside his head.

 

 

 

“Someone you love doesn’t love you back.”

 

 

 

That wouldn’t be possible. Zitao couldn’t possibly be in love with Kris, right? He only saw Kris as his role model brother who he could always depend on. It had always been like that. Nothing much.

 

 

 

So why was he feeling angry and sad when he saw Kris and Jessica kissed last night? Wasn’t he supposed to feel nothing?

 

 

Feeling was never Zitao's expert of field, he rather often confused himself most of the time, and Kris was always there to give the answers.

 

 

Like that one time when Zitao had lost his cat pet Candy, he cried the whole month saying how could such a nice cat died so quickly and Kris said that the best always left first but they stayed inside his heart. Or that one time when Zitao missed his parents that he started to act spoiled towards the older, craving for more attention which of course, the older gave without hesitation.

 

 

Or that one time when Zitao cared so much for Kris and ruining the elder's future career, so he decided to stay away but regretting it every day.

 

 

 

 

“I really need to stop thinking about Kris…” Zitao mumbled to himself. He was getting more frustrated each second.

 

 

 

He continued to walk around the halls, beginning to concern himself as Zitao had no plan where to start looking for the figure. He only thought about Kris this or Kris that, everything related to the older which beginning to make him even crazier.

 

 

Zitao was so lost in his personal thought that he only realized there were small footsteps following him from behind. He glanced to his back only to saw a golden retriever dog stopped his tracks and sat while staring at Zitao with its huge eyes.

 

 

“Hello there, little stalker. Are you lost?” Zitao cooed, confused on why there would be a dog at the castle. He thought that the only person who belong wild dog was Hagrid with his oversized boarhound, Fang. But judging by the red collar on its neck, it wasn’t just a wild dog.

 

 

“Baozi?” He read the collar. “Is that your name? are you Hagrid’s?”

 

 

The dog barked excitedly hearing its name being called, wiggling its thick tail while jumping around circling Zitao. He chuckled by the exited dog, feeling a little bit better by his little companion.

 

 

“Alright Baozi, do you mind checking around the castle with me?” Zitao asked nicely, its head. The dog barked again, which Zitao considered as yes. “Well, let’s go!”

 

 

He walked again, this time with the dog now walking silently beside him, wiggling its tail.

 

 

“Now, let’s start with the grand staircases shall we?” Zitao said.

 

 

They walked silently to the grand staircase with the dog’s constant heavy breathings and its small steps. Zitao took out his temporary wand from his winter cloak, afraid that something might showed up since the castle was practically empty aside from the ghosts.

 

 

He suddenly felt uneasy, with his instinct saying that something wrong was going to happen.

 

 

“We’ll go see the painting of the Lady in Blue first, Baozi….” Zitao whispered.

 

 

He walked very slowly to the row of paintings on the wall to the Lady in Blue’s direction, when suddenly the dog behind him started to growl.

 

 

“What is it, Baozi?” Zitao asked a bit afraid.

 

 

The dog barked loudly to Zitao’s direction, so the boy was startled and stumbled on his feet.

 

 

“Oooww, what’s wrong Baozi?” Zitao cried, he thought the dog was suddenly being angry with him for no reason. But when the dog marched forward, jumping over the poor boy to the direction of the Lady in Blue painting and kept barking in front of the painting, Zitao felt something was wrong. So he quickly gained his composure and walked to the dog’s spot.

 

 

He was so surprised that the Lady in Blue was in fact, posing with its original position on the painting.

 

 

“I don’t understand!” Zitao cried. “This painting was nowhere in sight for weeks! Even last night I saw the painting alive in the hall!!”

 

He began to suspect that all this time, the crooked figure he saw weeks ago was in fact, not the Lady in Blue like he thought. Which probably he wasted his time searching for nothing.

 

The dog kept barking louder and louder, lifting its paws to the painting and scratching it like he was trying to get something out.

 

“Hey Baozi don’t! You’ll ruin the painting!” Zitao said, hugging the fluffy dog and placed him on the ground.

 

“Hey kiddo, what’s your problem, eh?”

 

 

Zitao glanced to his side and saw a group of men painting were looking funny at him. They might saw the entire scene and got confused.

 

 

“Yeah, what’s the matter boy?” Another painting of a woman in front of a mirror asked him curiously.

 

 

“Are you and your dog got lost?”

 

 

“Isn’t it supposed to be the Quidditch inter-house cup? Why are you here?”  

 

 

The paintings on the wall were bombarding Zitao with questions that the boy began to feel flustered.

 

 

“I’m just here to check the Lady in Blue!” Zitao finally answered. The dog still barked onto the Lady in Blue’s painting.

 

 

“The Lady in what?” one of the painting asked.

 

 

“The Lady in Blue! She’s just beside you guy’s painting here!” Zitao pointed to the painting.

 

 

“What’re ye talkin’ bout? I see no painting there.” And old man in one of the painting said.

 

 

“What? It’s just right here!” Zitao pointed to the painting with a grunt, feeling irritated.

 

 

“Yer dreamin’ boy. There ain’t painting there. Usually we could visit other painting’s location just by walkin’ there but it’s just a dead end ya hear me?”

 

 

Zitao was getting more flustered by the time, when the dog bit his winter cloak and barked again to the Lady in Blue painting.

 

 

“What is it this time, Baozi?”

 

 

Zitao sighed in defeat and examined the painting further since the dog was being rather persistent. There was nothing wrong with the painting, it was just posing like its usual gesture, holding a baby. There were no sign that the painting would come to live.

 

Wait.

 

 

No sign of the painting would come alive.

 

 

It was dead. A dead painting.

 

 

Zitao widen his eyes in shock, of course the odd was that!

 

 

School painting was enchanted so they would turn alive inside their frames, just like human beings only that they weren’t capable of going outside their frames.

 

 

But the Lady In Blue, her painting was silent. No movements, no gestures, nothing. Just like an ordinary painting, like the ones in his house. Which was of course considered as odd in the castle.

 

 

“Are you guys sure you don’t sense any painting here?” Zitao asked the other paintings one more time just to made sure.

 

 

“Yeh boy, we’ve told you many times!”

 

“There isn’t any painting there, young man…”

 

“Are you deaf? We’ve told you there’s nothing there!”

 

 

Of course they couldn’t visit the Lady In Blue’s painting. She was a dead painting, which was impossible for others to enter her frame.

 

 

“This is so confusing…” Zitao sighed deeply.

 

 

Baozi kept barking this time and bit Zitao’s winter cloak one more time, dragging him closer to the painting.

 

 

“I’ve checked, Baozi.” Zitao sighed. “What is it?”

 

 

 

He checked the painting one more time, as the dog couldn’t stop barking at the painting. It was getting annoying and loud, and Zitao didn’t want any of the ghosts castle caught them in the middle of ditching the Quidditch game. They would surely question Zitao, especially since Zitao was never fond with the ghosts castle.

 

 

“There’s nothing at all, Baozi…” Zitao said. “It’s just like an ordinary— wait a minute…”

 

 

Zitao moved his head closer to see the weird, anomaly object on the painting. The lady was in a blue dress, just like he remembered, holding her baby who slept silently on her hold. But there was something odd on her hand. She was holding another long, thin object that surely Zitao knew so well.

 

 

“That’s my wand!!!” He gasped. “This! I knew she was the crooked figure!”

 

 

The dog growled and barked again, showing an unpleasant look.

 

 

“But how do I get my wand back if it’s inside the painting?” Zitao mumbled more to himself. “I don’t know any charm exist so you can go inside a painting.”

 

 

“You can always die and wait for someone to paint your portrait. Then ask that person to charm your painting, you’ll be alive inside the two dimensional world then!” One painting said eagerly which Zitao could only roll his eyes.

 

 

“Thank you very much for the suggestion, but no.”

 

 

The dog bit Zitao’s pants now, wiggling its tail. Zitao hoped that he could understand animal words or maybe he should study more about creatures so then he could communicate with Baozi better.

 

 

“That’s okay Baozi. I’ve found my wand! I’ll figure out how to get it back. Thank you for helping.” Zitao smiled, interpreting the dog’s gesture by himself. The dog stopped its barking, feeling content and turned to a cheery dog.

 

 

“I think I should head back to my dormitory. Where do you live? I’ll you back to your master.” Zitao said while gently the dog’s ear.

 

 

 

The dog then barked and ran away with fast speed through the halls, which startled Zitao but the boy was also running, chasing the dog.

 

 

“Hey Baozi, wait! Not so fast!”

 

 

Zitao was panting so hard that he couldn’t catch up with the dog.The dog disappeared just after Zitao went downstairs after he passed the Great Hall, which led him to the castle’s kitchen and Hufflepuff’s basement.

 

 

“The kitchen?” Zitao panted. “Why would a dog live in the kitchen?”

 

 

Zitao stopped just in the kitchen’s corridor, a narrow place that if he went further, he would end up in the castle’s kitchen, and if he went to the right side he would end up in the Hufflepuff’s common room.

 

 

Zitao chose the kitchen, since there were no house elves working at the moment and he thought that maybe Baozi was hungry so the dog ran into the kitchen to grab some food. The only possible chance of course.

 

 

“Where are you Baozi?” Zitao whispered loudly. “Come on out, if the house elves caught you here, they’ll cook you alive!”

 

 

There was no response, only silent voices and his echoing voice through the kitchen. By the time Zitao was about to give up and walked back upstairs, he heard a faint voice of Madam Pomfrey with some other steps, walking rather in a hurry pace as if they were in an emergency situation.

 

Zitao quickly stopped his tracks, pulling out his silver scarf so that it hid half of his face and sticking himself to the nearest wall as he didn’t want to get caught ditching the Quidditch match.

 

 

“Goodness, hurry up! The poor boy’s bleeding!” He heard Madam Pomfrey cried.

 

 

He could hear the words though from afar, just before they walked passed where Zitao was silently standing. They must had been rushing to the hospital wing.

 

 

If Madam Pomfrey was here in the castle with a panicked voice in the middle of the game, then there was no doubt that the first Quidditch victim was chosen. Zitao felt sorry for whoever the poor player was, it wasn’t even fifteen minutes since the match started and he or she needed to taste the cruel game as soon as the match begin.

 

 

This was why Zitao wasn’t fond with Quidditch, it was just too violent.

 

 

“This is the most unexpected terms. We cannot continue playing without him.”

 

 

Zitao’s ear perked up. That was definitely Snape’s voice. His deep, mocking and judging voice he knew too well wouldn’t possibly be ignored.

 

 

But if Snape was there with Madam Pomfrey, the only possible explanation would be, the one getting injured was from house Slytherin.

 

 

“Never mind the game, Severus! He was hit by a Bludger on the head!” Madam Pomfrey shouted.

 

 

“My house team is at risk. Without their captain, their spirit might crumble.” Snape answered back.

 

 

Zitao turned pale hearing those words. Captain? House team? That person couldn’t possibly be who he thought, right?

 

 

“Just hurry up, Severus! The injury might be fatal!”

 

 

When the voices of both professors and footsteps came closer to the spot where Zitao was standing, he nervously glanced to the side which where the professors could go pass him. When Snape was in sight, right beside him without noticing Zitao, the boy’s heart dropped seeing the person Snape was carrying. He knew exactly who owned those silver flocks too well.

 

 

He was Kris Wu.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

Zitao waited nervously a few meters away from the castle’s hospital. His hands were shaking violently, his eyes were burning red because he just cried due to the anxiety with Kris being injured.

 

It was one in a millionth chance for Kris Wu to be injured with anything, especially Quidditch. The older had always took the game seriously, since he was the captain and being a Quidditch star was the elder’s biggest dream.

 

 

“He’ll be alright now.” Madam Pomfrey said, closing the Hospital’s door.

 

“How long does it take for the injury to heal?” Snape asked.

 

“Probably a whole month.” She sighed. “Don’t let him play the Quidditch anytime soon, Severus.”

 

 

The gloomy professor said nothing further, walking away with Madam Pomfrey from the Hospital wing. Zitao took a deep breath and went in when we was sure that nobody else was there.

 

 

He walked silently to where Kris was laying. The older had a bandage around his forehead. His mouth was slightly apart, his breathing was even and he was probably fainted due to the hard impact, especially with a Bludger.

 

Kris Wu was so handsome, even in a state of fainting. The elder’s thick brows that furrowed even deeper than usual, showing his angry expression even when we was unconscious. The world was so unfair.

 

Zitao Kris’ hair softly, finally getting the chance to touch the silver locks after a long time.

 

“You should’ve kept your head in the game. Not hitting it with a Bludger.” Zitao mumbled silently. His voice was croaked due to him crying earlier, and if Jongin or Jongdae saw Zitao like this, they would no doubt.

 

 

Zitao reluctantly retreat his hand and stepped back, planning to just go back to the dormitory after checking on Kris’ condition. He removed the silver scarf he was wearing, slowly wrapping it onto Kris’ neck, not wanting the older to be cold even in his state of unconscious.

 

 

The silver scarf was the thing he had been preparing for Kris. He had asked Sehun, Luhan and Baekhyun to teach him how to knit a scarf. He stabbed his hands several times, creating ugly scratches on his hands, and even stressfully fighting with the scarf’s knot whenever he made mistakes.

 

Zitao had been planning to give it to Kris on the elder’s birthday party last night. But before he could give it to Kris, he ran away when he saw Kris and Jessica kissing while everyone cheered for the two.

 

Zitao decided to give the scarf now, since the older was unconscious so Kris wouldn’t know who gave it to him. After all, Zitao didn’t want his ugly hand-made scarf being compared with Jessica’s first class dragon-skin scarf.

 

 

“Happy Birthday…” Zitao whispered softly while the elder’s hair for the last time. He took a step back, his back was facing Kris and Zitao was ready to headed back to the dormitory when suddenly he felt someone grabbed his hand.

 

 

“You should’ve said that last night.”

 

 

Zitao whipped his head to where Kris was laying. The older was staring at him with an unreadable expression.

 

 

“Kris?! Since— since when did you awake?!”

 

 

“I’ve been awake since the start. Madam Pomfrey gave me something so I was conscious by the time she treated me.”

 

 

Zitao felt his palm became sweaty, he tried to find any reason why he was in the hospital wing, staring at Kris’ ‘unconscious’ body creepily like a stalker.

 

“I—I was—“

 

“Where were you last night?” Kris frowned. “I didn’t see you after the celebration.”

 

Zitao cursed silently. Why would the older asked such thing the first time he was conscious? He wanted to dig a grave and burry himself deep down where Kris couldn’t find him. The elder’s stare was just too much for his poor heart that Zitao started to fidget on his position.

 

Kris probably saw the uncomfortable gesture the younger was showing, so he softened his eyes and wrapped his hand around Zitao’s waist, guiding the younger to sit on the edge of his bed.

 

“I was expecting your happy birthday.” Kris said finally.

 

Zitao felt guilty for running away from Kris’ birthday party. He had promised to come, and yet he disappeared half way the party.

 

“Sorry…I just didn’t want to disturb you and Jessica-noona.” Zitao said quietly.

 

“Me and Jessica? Why?” Kris asked confused. His hand was gripping tightly on Zitao’s waist in case the younger tried to escape.

 

“Well…you two were…” Zitao bit his lip.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Well…kissing…”

 

The older widen his eyes, he barely heard Zitao’s voice, it was rather a whisper but still Kris heard what Zitao said.

 

“That was just a peck on the cheek!” he chuckled. “It wasn’t a kiss or something.”

 

“But I saw—“ Zitao trailed.

 

“Zitao, it was just a peck on the cheek.” Kris said with a smile. “Maybe from your angle, it was as if me and her were kissing.”

 

“Really?” Zitao said, feeling relieved with no reason.

 

“Really.” Kris laughed. He then glanced to the scarf Zitao wrapped around his neck. “Is this my birthday present?”

 

Zitao blushed as red as a tomato. He hid his face with his hands, feeling embarrassed that he just took the liberty to wrapped his ugly scarf around Kris’ neck.

 

“I’m really sorry!” Zitao cried. “It’s— it’s ugly! You can take it off now if you hate it!”

 

“And why would I hate it?” Kris laughed.

 

“B—because Jessica-noona gave you a better one?” Zitao mumbled.

 

“Well, did you make this by yourself?”

 

“Y—yes I did.”

 

“Then this one is much better.” Kris grinned, showing his gummy smile Zitao adored so much.

 

The elder’s smile slowly turned into a frown when he saw the bruise on the corner of Zitao’s lips.

 

“What’s this?” Kris the bruise.

 

Zitao gasped, he forgot that his wound from last night after he hit the wall was still freshly visible. Kris must thought that he was fighting, so Zitao quickly explained before there was a misunderstanding.

 

“I was bumping into a wall!” Zita hurriedly answered. “Really, it’s nothing much!”

 

“Oh...Does it still hurt?” Kris asked softly.

 

“Yeah…but it will heal in no time.” Zitao said reassuringly.

 

 

Kris suddenly remembered something. He slowly moved closer to Zitao’s face, staring deeply into the younger’s beautiful orbs. Zitao’s heart almost exploded due to their closeness, he could feel Kris’ warm breath on his skin.

 

 

“Kr— Kris— W— what are you—“

 

 

Before Zitao could finish his sentence, the older placed his mouth on the corner of Zitao’s lips. The boy froze in shock. His eyes were wide like an owl. His heart beat faster and his brain stopped processing.

 

 

Kris was kissing Zitao’s wound softly. The older cupped Zitao’s face to prevent the younger going anywhere with his firm hands. He wasn’t moving for few seconds and neither did Zitao. When Kris was sure Zitao wasn’t hissing in pain, he the younger’s bruised spot and released his mouth from Zitao’s wound.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I heard this is the best way to treat your wound in muggle world.”

 

 

 

 

OMG Luhan, look what Kris did thanks to you! LoL

 

Finally the Quidditch match! Honestly, I’m still not satisfied with how I write this chapter, like there’s something missing but I don’t know what ;__;

So as an apology, please enjoy the Taoris fluff. Tehee~

 

Love, author<3