The False news, enemies

The Sparks in Your Eyes

The early Monday finally arrived, with students undoubtly feeling grumpy since the first day of the week had started. It was beginning to get colder everyday, with steams coming from everyone's mouth whenever they spoke, and the trees began to lost its leaves.

 

 

 

 

Though the unboringly first day of the torturing week, there were some interesting things going on at Hogwarts.

 

 

 

 

Few days ago, the Quidditch match was held with a very uncommon result, which neither of the teams won and the game was postponed. Never in history there was such commotion happening like this, even for Gryffindor and Slytherin, the eternal rivals. Certainly the event was quite chaotic of course, and that was not the end.

 

 

 

Somehow, Rita Skeeter, the author of Daily Prophet managed to sneaked into the Quidditch game and took some pictures and wrote her infamously dishonest-sensational stories in her writings.

 

 

 

That mentioned that the infamous Kris Wu was hit by a Bludger because someone just broke his heart, and the person happened to be the school's primadona Jessica Jung. The picture of Kris crying nastily on his broomstick was sticking on the front page.

 

 

 

Second page was the picture of Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun kicking each other's face. It was also stated on the paper that the two young seekers loathed each other, representing the whole rivalry between the two houses. She also blatantly wrote that the two boys were racists, with Gryffindor hating Slytherin for being a cunning cheater in every games.

 

 

 

 

It was just simple accusations of course, but the effect gave the impact for the whole school especially the students as the main discuss.

 

 

 

 

Kris received an endless heart-broken letters from the girls, even as far as giving the boy the Amortentia potion and mixing it with his healing potion from Madam Pomfrey just so he could stop 'thinking' about Jessica and date them instead. As for the jealous boys, they kept mocking Kris for being such a crybaby and ruining the whole Quidditch game just because he had an apparently, broken heart.

 

 

 

 

Jongin received a nasty howler at potion class in the study halls with his mother's voice who apparently red the Daily Prophet and probably saw his son on the page. The howler was screaming with cursing words to the poor boy, telling how he was being such a disgrace to his family. The other 4th years students laughed at the scene, and probably for the first time in Jongin's life, he felt the real embarassment kicked him.

 

 

Zitao patted his back to comfort his friend which Jongin burried his face on Zitao's robe and hid himself. A childish gesture of course, but just for this time he let Jongin did whatever he wanted.

 

 

 

Zitao sighed and glanced at the far row of Gryffindor's table. Sehun was silently writing on his school book, with some of his housemates glancing at his work, groaning softly that Sehun probably couldn't even answer the questions, meaning he was only scribbling doodles just like the way he always did.

 

 

Zitao noticed that Sehun's swollen eye was getting better, which was a good thing, thanks to Luhan. He wanted to talk so many things to Sehun, like comforting him since he appeared at Daily Prophet and how the whole sensational writings effected him. Though the real impact was probably the cold treatment for the two houses, Gryffindor against Slytherin.

 

 

 

Since the false news stated that the Gryffindor hated Slytherin for being such a cheater in Quidditch, which they never said such thing, everyone lost their minds and got the wrong message.

 

 

 

Students from Gryffindor and Slytherin decided to gave the silent treatment for their rivalry house. The Slytherins thought that Gryffindors were being such a jerk for saying such thing, which they argued that they never did and telling Slytherins stupid since they believed what Rita Skeeter wrote.

 

 

 

This was why Sehun and Zitao weren't sitting on each other's side just like usual, since their houses forbid any physical or conversations contacts with the two houses.

 

 

 

To make it worse, the other houses such as Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were taking sides and also giving the silent treatment to each other. With Ravenclaw backing up for Slytherin, and Hufflepuff backing up for Gryffindor.

 

 

 

Zitao finished his works quickly and waited a few meters away outside the study halls for Sehun. He stood alone for few more minutes before Sehun walked out from the hall, with his bag on his shoulder.

 

 

 

"Sehun!"

 

 

 

Zitao whispered roughly and Sehun stopped and glanced to where Zitao was standing. He widened his eyes and mouthed a 'go away' to Zitao, silently started to walked again.

 

 

 

The boy furrowed his brow, tired of following the silent treatment to each other. After all, Sehun was his best friend and he missed his best friend. They haven't talked since the day after Quidditch, and Zitao really, really almost exploded with the problems he was facing right now. He certainly cannot talk to Kris since the Head Boy was in the hospital wing (also Zitao was avoiding him), he cannot talk to neither Jongdae nor Jongin since they were never the type to serious talking, he cannot talk to Luhan since Hufflepuffs were taking sides, He obviously cannot talk to Baekhyun either and not talking to Sehun was something he needed the least right now.

 

 

 

 

"Wait Sehun!" Zitao grabbed Sehun's arm tightly, refusing to let him go.

 

 

 

 

"Leave, Zitao! We shouldn't be seen together right now!" Sehun whispered with the same tone, afraid that they got caught. "I'll talk to you later!"

 

 

 

 

"But—"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey! Stay away from Sehun!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another 4th year Gryffindor girl, as Zitao remembered whose name was Yeri shouted and yanked Zitao away from Sehun.

 

 

 

 

"Haven't you Slytherins enough bullying us already?!" She shouted angrily.

 

 

 

 

"I wasn't bullying—" Zitao answered panickly.

 

 

 

 

 

"Enough is enough! Go back to your dungeon, jerks!" She scoffed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Easy there, grandma." Jongin appeared from behind with his usual smirk. "Your ugly face looks uglier if you get angry so plese do have mercy for our precious eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

"What did you—" She fummed.

 

 

 

 

 

"Besides, our Huang would never bully anyone." Jongin sternly said.

 

 

 

 

 

"Huh, you're Kim Jongin and you dare to say that?" She scoffed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yes, I am Kim Jongin and if you call me a jerk that's not wrong." He said casually. "But if you say nasty things to Huang I will not stay silent. Neither does our Head Boy."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Zitao grabbed Jongin's arm and told him to just go away, not wanting to create anymore tension between the two houses.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"D— do you think OUR Head Boy will also stay silent?" She stuttered, clearly stating Kim Joonmyeon as the second Head Boy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you?" Jongin took a step closer, towering the now shivering girl. "Do you think Kim ing Joonmyeon will win against Kris ing Wu?" He silently whispered, smirking to victory when the girl started to teared up.

 

 

 

 

 

"Stop, Jongin!" Zitao panicked, dragging away his friend to their dormitory instantly since everyone started to leave the study halls.

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun sighed deeply, staring at the slowly disappearing figure of Zitao and Jongin. He walked away again, leaving the girl crying in front of the study halls until her friends come to comfort her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey! Are you not going to comfort me too?" She said in sniffles.

 

 

 

 

 

"Why?" Sehun stopped his tracks and glanced at where the girl was standing. "You started it anyway. So you kinda deserve it."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"—And who does she think she is? She's not even visible to begin with and she dares to talk to us like that?!"

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin continued his ranting session dramatically through all the way to their common room and Zitao couldn't even stop the blabbering words Jongin was throwing. They were not so silently walking downstairs to the dungeon, with Jongin's loud voice booming through the halls until some of the other students stared at the two funny.

 

 

 

 

 

"But you shouldn't have said that, Jongin. She was crying!" Zitao pouted.

 

 

 

 

"Why are you defending her? She just treated you like crap you shouldn't be too nice, Huang!"

 

 

 

 

"Well, no one deserves to be treated badly, even her." Zitao muttered.

 

 

 

Jongin couldn't believe his friend's golden heart. Somehow he felt sorry that Zitao ended up in Slytherin and since he knew that his friend was an easy target to get bullied, suddenly he wanted to burn down the sorting hat for placing someone as pure as Zitao to his house.

 

 

 

 

"Well, since you're too nice for your own good, just tell me if someone bullies you. I'll be the one to give back the nasty stuffs." Jongin mumbled.

 

 

 

 

"Are you worried about me?" Zitao laughed, shoving Jongin gently.

 

 

 

 

"Who says? You're just an easy target to pick on. And I just happen to like seeing other people suffer so I volunteer to do the favor." Jongin proudly scoffed.

 

 

 

 

"You're so cute when you try to hide your affection." Zitao chuckled. "You're actually a nice guy, Jongin. Maybe try to be more gentle and I'm pretty sure girls will like you a lot."

 

 

 

 

"Ha! girls DO like bad boy, Huang! Don't you know that?" Jongin ran and stuck out his tongue to Zitao's direction childishly and without paying attention to his front.

 

 

 

The young seeker was about to turned his head before he bumped into someone and the person in front of him fell off on his .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, watch it shrimp!" Jongin groaned, thought it was his own fault and he was the one who caused the other person fell.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"How dare you call me shrimp?! It's you who bumped into me, You nasty little-"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo-hyung?"

 

 

 

 

 

Zitao blinked his eyes few times to catch the sight of the person on the floor when he heard the same screaming voice a week ago. He helped the older to stand on his feet, with the petite boy scowling unpleasantly and cleaned off the dust on his robes.

 

 

He was a Ravenclaw, which was a save thing to hang out with since Ravenclaws were pretty much on their side—

 

 

 

 

 

"You Kim ing Jongin with no respect, if you dare to call me shrimp again I will throw you to a Hippogriff and let it eat your guts out alive!"

 

 

 

 

—Or maybe not.

 

 

 

 

 

"Sorry, hyung. Jongin wasn't paying attention." Zitao smiled apologetically.

 

 

 

 

"It's okay, Zitao I'm not mad at you." Kyungsoo muttered. "In fact I wanted to apologize for the other day's mess I caused."

 

 

 

 

"Which one?"

 

 

 

 

 

"The one with the statue. I wanted to apologize as soon as your house points were taken, and man I never saw Kris THAT furious! It was horrible!" The short male huffed.

 

 

 

 

 

"Kris?" Zitao muttered softly. "He was furious?"

 

 

 

 

 

"You have no idea! By the time Snape reluctantly took away your house points, your freakin Head Boy immediately went to the headmaster's office and confronted him that there was no way Huang Zitao from his house would do such thing. I was there with Yixing."

 

 

 

 

"He did?" Zitao whispered.

 

 

 

 

"Kris ing Wu did?" Jongin cocked his brow.

 

 

 

 

"Yes, and he even threatened me to apologize to you which I had been planning even if he did not tell me to do so! But you were so hard to find, even I was spending my time at Slytherin bench in Quidditch but you were nowhere to be seen!" Kyungsoo stomped his foot angrily.

 

 

 

 

"Kris did that?" Zitao whispered again.

 

 

 

 

"Hey, were you listening to me?!"

 

 

 

 

Zitao felt bubbly and butterflies inside his stomach exploded. He didn't know Kris would stood out for him as far as confronting Dumbledore by his own. He only knew that Kris talked to the professors and that was that. Kris Wu had always been there for him. With or without zitao's side.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly he remembered the words Minseok told him few days ago.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What I mean, as long as it's you, he's willing to do anything."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And where was Zitao when Kris was laying weakly in hospital wing? Though apparently Zitao was scared of Kris, he couldn't just ditch Kris after all the older had done to him. Zitao might as well break the ‘avoid Kris Wu’ rules he and Sehun had been talking few days ago. He couldn’t just leave Kris in pain like that.

 

 

 

“Sorry, I gotta go!”

 

 

 

“Wait, where the heck— are you leaving me?!”

 

 

 

Jongin shouted angrily since Zitao flee right away before he could stop the boy.

 

 

 

Zitao hurriedly scrambled to where the direction of the hospital wing, until he remembered something.

 

 

 

“By the way, Kyungsoo-hyung!” He shouted from afar just before he took a turn at the end of the halls. “Don’t you think it’s Jongin you should be apologizing to instead of me?”

 

 

 

 

And just like that, Zitao disappeared, leaving a very confused Jongin and a nervous Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

“What the hell is he talking about?” He muttered. Jongin glanced to where the short Ravenclaw was standing, eyeing the other suspiciously. “What did he mean by you apologizing to me?”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo groaned and stomped his feet childishly for the hundredth time that day, stepping on Jongin’s not so accidently foot and gaining an angry protest from the other.

 

 

 

 

“What the ?! What is wrong with you?!”

 

 

 

 

“It’s not my fault I accused you for doing such thing because you always pulled out pranks! And don’t curse to your elders! Didn’t your Head Boy teach you that?!”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo shouted, pulling Jongin’s ear due to no reason at all while the other boy was groaning in pain. Kyungsoo’s ears were turning red either from embarrassment or anger, but Jongin wasn’t buying neither.

 

 

 

“! Let go, crazy shrimp!”

 

 

 

“What did you just call me???!!!”

 

 

 

“SHRIMP! S-H-R-I-M— WHAT THE ”

 

 

 

Jongin girlishly shouted like a girl when Kyungsoo jabbed his ribs and this time, accidently kicked his crotch in the process. Jongin crouched on the ground, silently accepting the fate that maybe one day he can no longer produce his legacy.

 

 

 

“Did you just—“ Jongin panted.

 

 

 

“I— I’m sorry! It was— un—unintentional oh my god are you okay?!”  Kyungsoo panicly crouched next to Jongin while blabbering words Jongin couldn’t proceed.

 

 

 

“Should I take you to the hospital wing?! Oh my god!”

 

 

 

“Are you nuts?! Kris ing Wu is practically the permanent resident there at the moment, If he knew you just kicked my— my future he’ll laugh his off!” Jongin angrily shouted, still crouching down.

 

 

 

“So where?? Should I take you to my common room?! Maybe Yixing can help! Oh my god!”

 

 

 

“You ing dense motherer, you think I can walk up to your ing Ravenclaw tower like this?!”

 

 

 

“I’m just trying to help! And stop cursing, you !”

 

 

 

“But you just— You were— ! Just take me to my common room!”

 

 

 

“The Slytherin Dungeon?! Are you crazy?! I’m so not going to—“

 

 

 

“FOR MERLIN’S S SAKE JUST TAKE ME THERE!”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo reluctantly helped Jongin on his feet, with Jongin’s arm on his small shoulder. They slowly walked to the Slytherin common room. The other students had been staring at the two with judging eyes the whole time, perplexed with the noisy scenes especially the rest of the Ravenclaws who seemed to be rather annoyed and happened to walk passed them but no one dared to stop the bickering two boys so they just went along with it.

 

 

 

“So we walk down this stairs?” Kyungsoo muttered.

 

 

 

“Yeah, now get it done.”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo slowly guided Jongin with the stairs, constantly stumbling due to their height gap. Jongin snickered at the struggling small boy who seemed to be angry but helped him anyway.

 

 

 

They reached on the narrow, dark halls with thick bricks surrounding the walls. The lightning was too dark for Kyungsoo’s liking, and the air felt thicker each time they took a step further. Their footsteps echoed through the dim halls, with Jongin’s soft groan time to time.

 

 

 

“You guys actually live here?” Kyungsoo hissed, silently inspecting the place.

 

 

 

“Yeah.”

 

 

 

“Looks uncomfortable for me…I mean, it’s a dungeon. Don’t you think it’s dangerous to let the students live there? What is Dumbledore thinking?” Kyungsoo muttered.

 

 

 

“Looks uncomfortable for people like you who are used to live in the towers, the same with those Gryffindor ers.” Jongin scoffed.

 

 

 

“On second thought, it’s a perfect place for you Slytherin jerks to stay.” Kyungsoo glared.

 

 

 

 

“Oh yeah, right. We’re Slytherins, we deserve to be hated and called jerks. We’re literally the living stereotypes of dark wizards!” Jongin sarcastically remarked.

 

 

 

“Well, if you guys would just stop being s then maybe we might change our minds!” Kyungsoo answered back with a hint of anger.

 

 

 

“What’s the point? You know Huang, he’s the kindest and sweetest Slytherin person I’ve ever met. Yet you guys still treat him like garbage.” Jongin glared. “And what is this thing that you accusing me?”

 

 

 

“What?” Kyungsoo nervously asked.

 

 

 

“Don’t pretend you don’t know. I heard you earlier that you accused me on something, what was it?” Jongin narrowed his eyes. “Tell me or I’ll you here and now.”

 

 

 

“WHAT?! GROSS!” Kyungsoo shrieked.

 

 

 

“Tell me.”

 

 

 

“Urrghhh fine! It’s about the house points, remember?!”

 

 

 

 

“House points? You mean that one time my house was almost losing a hundredth of fifty points?”

 

 

 

“Yes, that one!” Kyungsoo huffed. “You see, there was this weird vandalism on our statue and there was a writing that said ‘K.J’ on it.”

 

 

 

“So?”

 

 

 

“So! I thought you as ‘Kim Jongin’ who were pulling some of your stupid pranks to our Ravenclaw statue which was unforgiveable!”

 

 

 

“Wait, the ? How come I started becoming a suspect? Why didn’t I know that?”

 

 

 

“Not finished! So I called out Zitao to our common room since he was the only Slytherin prefect I noticed at that time. I told him all the stuff I knew, and he harshly declined that it wasn’t you.”

 

 

 

“He did?” Jongin blinked.

 

 

 

“I insisted that it was you, and that way you’ll be suspended from Quidditch which will cause the whole team to get instantly eliminated—“

 

 

 

“How dare you, you little—“

 

 

 

“NOT FINISHED!” Kyungsoo screamed. “So Zitao begged to not tell the professors that it was you, but him instead.”

 

 

 

 

 

“What?” Jongin whispered. “So it was me? The whole house points thing, he was covering me…?”

 

 

 

 

“I told you. He went as far as taking all the blame just so your stupid Quidditch team will not be disqualified.” Kyungsoo mumbled. “And after that, the whole Kris confronting Dumbledore happened. I don’t know why you guys would defend your housemates that much.”

 

 

 

 

“He did that? To me?” Jongin asked quietly. He was touched by Zitao’s golden heart, even as far as protecting their Quidditch team.

 

 

 

 

“That’s why, you guys should act more like him. He’s probably the only Slytherin I respect. That way, people will love you and stop giving nasty prejudices towards you all.” Kyungsoo mumbled.

 

 

 

They arrived at the Slytherin’s common room main door, and Kyungsoo stared in awe as how magnificent the door was. He quickly gained his composure, coughing to not look awkward.

 

 

 

“There. I took you here. Now will you excuse me.” Kyungsoo talked in dignity.

 

 

 

Jongin was about to say a not-so-thank-you-thank-you when Kyungsoo flee right away as fast as a goblin chased by centaurs, and before he made a sharp turn to where the stairs were, he turned his body to where Jongin was standing, taking a long, deep breath before shouting and echoed through the dungeon halls.

 

 

 

 

 

“BY THE WAY, I’M SORRY KIM IDIOT JONGIN FOR ACCUSING YOU! THERE, I SAID IT!”

 

 

 

 

Jongin’s mouth fell like a fish, he felt beyond humiliated since the ‘shrimp’ boy just kicked his crotch, cursed at him, and now screamed at him and called him an idiot. He heard wild footsteps running towards upstairs, and he fumed in anger, clenching his hands in annoyance before shouting back,

 

 

 

 

 

“I’M SO NOT FORGIVING YOU, YOU LITTLE SHRIMP!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Zitao panted hard and tried to steady his breath in front of the hospital door. He decided to paid Kris a visit despite his 'fear' towards the older. He secretly apologized to Sehun since he was going to break the rule of avoiding Kris, not like Zitao could help it. If Kris wasn't injured nor the older was on the front page of Daily Prophet, Zitao might as well ignore the fact that he had an obligation to take care the Slytherin Head Boy.

 

 

 

Zitao quietly opened the giant door, not wanting to create a creaking noise. He peeked inside just in case Kris was aware that someone was there, silently 'stalking' him.

 

 

 

 

Kris was laying on the bed, with freshly changed bandage around his head, surrounded with pink wrappers, pink chocolates, pinks boxes, pink everything. Zitao guessed they were offerings from the girls who came to visit.

 

 

 

 

The sight was quite overwhelming, not because Kris was laying handsomely on his bed in the middle of the pinks, but because the older was wearing a patient clothes and also the scarf Zitao made for his birthday.

 

 

 

 

"I can't believe it..." Zitao whispered softly. His heart started to beat faster again just like always. Thinking that the 'fear' took over him, he slapped his chest few times to calm his heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Who's there?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kris' sudden deep voice surprised Zitao that he couldn't help but shrieked rather loudly, slapping his mouth to quickly silenced himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Zitao? Is that you?" Kris asked, his voice softened.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Zitao peeked his head inside with a pout, causing Kris to laugh at the cute gesture.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"How did you know it was me?" He muttered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"That cute shrieking only belongs to you." Kris chuckled, now changing his position to sit. "What brings you here?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Well..." Zitao closed the door and walked slowly to where Kris was sitting. "I'm just...checking on you."

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh? I thought you've forgotten me?" Kris raised his brow. "You never once visited me again since the first time."

 

 

 

 

 

"I wanted to visit! But— It's because—" Zitao mumbled softly. "I'm sorry..."

 

 

 

 

"Hey, I'm just kidding. I know you're busy with your school works and prefect stuffs." Kris smiled encouragingly.

 

 

 

 

Zitao felt like he was melting inside. Kris was always kind and sweet, no wonder he was so popular with the girls.

 

 

 

 

"How's your head?" Zitao softly asked.

 

 

 

 

"Better, I think. It's nothing serious." Kris patted his head.

 

 

 

 

"Nonsense. Last time a Bludger knocked someone out, he was unconscious for two weeks straight." Zitao scoffed.

 

 

 

"Well, lucky me then? Didn't really knock me out. That's the power of Kris Wu I suppose." He smirked.

 

 

 

Zitao smiled at the remark. He was right, the almighty Kris Wu was perfect in everything, nothing can destroy the boy even the Bludger. Except probably for a certain false-writings newspaper.

 

 

 

"Right...how are you dealing with...you know, Daily Prophet?" Zitao muttered.

 

 

 

"That piece of garbage? I mean, I really want to kick her for writing such thing. Look at these junks, it's because of her the girls keep sending me nonsense gifts." Kris groaned.

 

 

 

"They're just gifts. Not that bad..." Zitao chuckled.

 

 

 

"Not that bad? I got two Amortentia potion, one of it was intentionally being mixed with my healing potion. Three howler of heartbreaks and thousands of love letter saying I should date them instead." Kris groaned some more.

 

 

 

"Well, it's your fault for being too popular..." Zitao teased.

 

 

 

"Peach, you're supposed to defend me, not blaming me." Kris scoffed.

 

 

 

"I'm just saying the truth."

 

 

 

"Whatever." Kris huffed. The older was unusually being childish when he was sick or injured, a golden moment for Zitao to feel superior.

 

 

 

"By the way, something happening at Hogwarts? What did I miss?" Kris asked, swinging his wand in the air some more.

 

 

 

"Well actually....something is happening with the houses." Zitao muttered.

 

 

 

"Like what?"

 

 

 

"Like everyone hates each other"

 

 

 

"Really? But I saw Luhan and Oh Sehun came here just now, also the other day after Quidditch. The brat injured his eye and Luhan helped him talked to Madam Pomfrey. They seemed to be pretty close." Kris scoffed, adding a venom hint when he mentioned 'Oh Sehun'. Not like Zitao noticed.

 

 

 

"No, not that! I mean the Gryffindors and Slytherins. We have the cold tension here!"

 

 

 

"That’s nothing unusual." Kris scoffed.

 

 

 

"Yes but now that the other two houses are taking sides, it's getting worse. We have Ravenclaw on our side, and Hufflepuff on Gryffindor's side." Zitao muttered. "I can't even talk to the Gryffindors without them hating me first."

 

 

 

"And why would they stick their noses to our business?"

 

 

 

"That's not the problem! Everyone is angry for no reason because of what the Daily Prophet wrote." Zitao sighed heavily. "I don't like it, Kris...I don't like when everyone is treating each other badly. It's horrible."

 

 

 

Kris softened at the sight of a distressed Zitao. The boy was sweet and kind, he was just too precious that Kris couldn't help but wanting to protect him at all cost. Zitao was just so pure and fragile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Is it because you can't talk to Oh Sehun?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Zitao widened his eyes in surprise. Kris was hitting the jackpot, the elder's eyes turned into something demanding for an answer, just like he used to.

 

 

 

 

"Zitao? Answer me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Zitao trembled at the sharp gaze the older was giving. No wonder he was scared of Kris.

 

 

 

 

"Are you angry?" Zitao quietly asked.

 

 

 

 

"What? No— I'm not angry." Kris lied, not wanting to discouraged Zitao any further. "I just don't understand why you like to hang out with him despite him being a Gryffindor. You can always hang out with Jongin, you guys are pretty close but why Sehun?" Kris frowned.

 

 

 

Zitao blinked a few times and chuckled softly. Kris grabbed Zitao's arm and guided the boy to sit on the edge of the bed, a hand wrapping on his small waist securely. Zitao forgot the whole 'scared of Kris thing', feeling save on the elder's tight arm.

 

 

 

 

"Because I don't belong here."

 

 

 

 

Kris was showing a funny face, confused by Zitao's statement. "What?"

 

 

 

"Slytherin. I don't belong here." Zitao hummed.

 

 

 

"Why would you say that?" Kris furrowed his brows.

 

 

 

"Don't deny it Kris, you know I'm such an anomaly to our house." He muttered softly.

 

 

 

"Yes, but that doesn't mean you're not a Slytherin at—"

 

 

 

"I don't posses any traits of this house, like cunning, or pride...nothing. I'm just me..."

 

 

 

"Zitao— hey, you look so much Slytherin in my eyes, not that you're bad but—"

 

 

 

"And I'm not a pureblood or halfblood. I'm just an ordinary muggle-born—"

 

 

 

"—Zitao listen to me!!" Kris covered the boy's mouth with his hand, preventing Zitao to blabbered any more words.

 

 

 

"Now, listen carefully." Kris stared into Zitao's eyes in a serious gesture.

 

 

 

Zitao nodded slowly, and Kris sighed in defeat, releasing his hand and wrapped both of his hands on Zitao's waist while staring into Zitao's orbs.

 

 

 

"Never say that you don't belong here again. You're a muggle-born? So what. That just makes you special, no? And who said that you don't posses Slytherin's traits? Because certainly I see some of them in you "

 

 

 

"Yeah? and what is it?"

 

 

 

"Determination. Great, great determination. And ambition." Kris grinned.

 

 

 

"I'm what?" Zitao mumbled.

 

 

 

"Remember that time you took all the blames when the Ravenclaws accused Jongin for vandalising their statue?"

 

 

 

"What about it?"

 

 

 

"Well, I've never seen someone from our house so determined to proof their friend from false accusation and sacrificing themselves. That's a great determination none of us have." Kris smiled.

 

 

 

"But that's a normal thing to do..." Zitao muttered.

 

 

 

 

"No Zitao, it's not. It took great determination and an ambition to do such thing. And to say that Jongin always pulled out pranks to you but you're still willing to take his place. That's brilliant."

 

 

 

"Well, Jongin is a jerk but he's still my friend." Zitao chuckled softly.

 

 

 

"That's what I'm talking about. Why not just hang out with Jongin? Why Oh Sehun?" Kris changed his expression into an ugly frown again.

 

 

 

"That's because he's my first friend outside from Slytherin. He's a nice boy Kris, believe me!"

 

 

 

"And you're still going to be friends with him even when I said no?" Kris cocked his brow.

 

 

 

"Yes." Zitao answered with no hesitation. His eyes were filled with, what Kris had been telling just now. Determination.

 

 

 

"See what I'm talking about?" The older mumbled.

 

 

 

"What?"

 

 

 

"Nothing."

 

 

 

"So....?" Zitao stared Kris' eyes with hopeful eyes. Kris groaned in defeat, burrying himself on Zitao's chest. The older mumbled incoherent words that Zitao couldn't help but laugh.

 

 

 

 

"So Kris....?"

 

 

 

 

 

"Alright, alright! I'll talk to Joonmyeon." Kris raised his hand in defeat. "But i'll do it once I'm getting out of here which is going to be next week. Okay?"

 

 

 

"Okay!" Zitao squealed in delight. There was no way Kris would be mad seeing Zitao this happy. Zitao's smile was considered as one of Kris' strength after all.

 

 

 

"But you have to promise me one thing." Kris turned serious.

 

 

 

"What is it?"

 

 

 

"You HAVE to come for the next Quidditch game. Don't you dare ditch us again." Kris scoffed.

 

 

 

“H— how did you—“

 

 

 

“Know? Well, Jongin told me.”

 

 

 

 

Of course it was Jongin who spilled the beans. Zitao should had known better.

 

 

 

 

"Alright, I'll come." Zitao sighed.

 

 

 

"Promise?"

 

 

 

"Promise."

 

 

 

 

The two sat in comfortable silence, with constantly glancing at each other only to broke glances once they accidently made eye contacts. Zitao felt like he wanted to vomit for being too nervous, especially since Kris was now staring intensely to his direction. Maybe finally the fear took over him?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Mr. Wu? I thought I've asked you to sleep for the rest of the day!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Madam Pomfrey came in with a tray of green liquids in a bottle, walking to Kris' bed. She was unamused with Kris for not sleeping and instead, talking to Zitao who now squirmed in discomfort, feeling guilty for disturbing Kris' resting time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Madam, I've slept all day long, I'm getting tired of sleeping." Kris sighed.

 

 

 

"Yes, but you should not wake up too often, especially since your brain is scraped pretty badly, Mr.Wu."

 

 

 

"Scraped? Brain?" Zitao blinked few times. "Don't you mean his head?"

 

 

 

"Yes, but Mr.Wu's brain is also scraped, it is a rather serious internal injury, Mr.Huang." The madam said.

 

 

 

"What?!" Zitao shrieked. He glanced to now a nervous Kris who quickly squint his eyes and plugged his ears with his fingers, preparing for the upcoming roars.

 

 

 

"You told me it wasn't that serious!!!" Zitao scolded, joining the Madam. For a moment he forgot that he was younger by two years and how he was supposed to be scared of Kris.

 

 

 

"Zitao calm down. See? I'm fine." Kris awkwardly smiled and patted his injured head.

 

 

 

"You're not fine. Go drink the medicine and the potion!" Zitao huffed. Madam Pomfrey stared at the two with such amusement in her eyes. This was the first time she saw someone actually dared to scold the fearsome Kris Wu.

 

 

 

"Well I guess I'll leave Mr.Wu in your care then, Mr.Huang?" Madam Pomfrey smiled. "I'll take my leave."

 

 

 

 

The nurse walked away, leaving the young boys in each other's care. Zitao frowned at Kris' stubborness for refusing to drink the medicine Madam Pomfrey gave.

 

 

 

 

"Come on Kris, it's not that bad."

 

 

 

"Not that bad? Zitao, this tastes like goblin piss."

 

 

 

"Now you're acting like Jongin." Zitao mumbled. "I'm not going to leave unless you drink your medicine."

 

 

 

"Good. That's much better than drinking that thing." Kris grinned.

 

 

 

“Krissss” Zitao whined. “I’m leaving!”

 

 

 

“Alright, alright. I’ll drink it.” Kris laughed. “But stay?”

 

 

 

 

“Okay.” Zitao mumbled.

 

 

 

 

Kris pinched his nose and drank the green liquid, cringing at the strong taste of indescribable disgusting things Kris could mustered. He made a funny face as he finished the last drop of the liquid, gaining a pleasant laugh from Zitao’s mouth.

 

 

 

 

“Now stay here until I fall asleep.” Kris grinned.

 

 

 

“What? No!” Zitao whined.

 

 

 

 

“But Zitao, what if one of the girls came here again and do something to me when I’m vulnerable?” Kris sighed heavily, finding nonsense reasons to make Zitao stay.

 

 

 

“…..Okay.” Zitao gave up after few moments of thoughts.

 

 

 

 

Kris smiled and laid himself on the soft pillow, sighing in content. He closed his eyes, sneakily grabbed Zitao’s hand with his left hand firmly, intertwining their fingers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“W— what are you doing?!” Zitao turned red, not like Kris could see it.

 

 

 

“So you won’t escape. Not until I’m completely asleep.” Kris said casually, eyes still closed.

 

 

 

“Let go! My— my hand is sweaty and it’s disgusting!” Zitao blabbered.

 

 

 

“Are you nervous, peach?” Kris smirked even in his state of ‘sleeping’. “Don’t be. We’re used to holding hands in your first and second year, remember?”

 

 

 

Zitao didn’t have any strange feelings towards Kris so he had no reasons to be nervous. But this time was different. He had so many reasons to avoid Kris Wu.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“But I wasn’t scared of you that time…” Zitao mumbled softly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kris didn’t say anything and all Zitao could hear was soft snores coming from the older. Kris’ hand wasn’t gripping as firm as before, so Zitao concluded that the older was fast asleep. Probably thanks to the green liquid he drank earlier, maybe the potion had something strong side effect as quickly falling asleep?

 

 

 

Whatever it was, Zitao sighed in relief and quickly untangled his hand from Kris’, slowly walking away towards the hospital door. Before he closed the door and walked back to his dormitory, he glanced to Kris’ sleeping figure one last time, whispering to the Head Boy from afar,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Get well soon, gege.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

As I promised, Taoris moments! (With additional Kaisoo huehuehue)

 

I feel like my head is going to explode with the upcoming mid-term and nonstop assignments, I’m very sorry if this chapter is quite random and tbh, I don’t know if next week I’ll be able to update or not TT I really like to procrastinate stuffs, but for the sake of passing this semester, I really should take my assignments seriously this time;;;

 

 

So I would like to apologize if I didn’t upload next week, but if I do, well guess I survived my mid-term, yeah? Lol

 

 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter as well

 

 

Love, author<3