Untitled Dreams #7

Untitled Dreams

CHAPTER 7



He playfully stumped his feet and I just watched him happily.  "Yaaa, you might not come again."

 

"When did I ever..." I trailed. I actually don't know if I ever did. I looked at him as I wait for the sandwich in the oven. "Jiyong, I promise I will. My shift ends in two hours and I'll go there directly."

 

He sighed defeated -- feigning extreme sadness. 

 

As soon as the oven tinged, I took the sandwich out and put it in a paper bag. I handed it over to Jiyong and he took it while pouting.


I chuckled as soon as I looked at him and shook my head. How childishly cute could he get?

 

He turned to Zee who was already cleaning some of the tables. "Ya, make sure she leaves right after her shift, okay?"

 

Zee seemed distracted as she slowly nodded to Jiyong. She immediately went back to wiping the same table.

 

Satisfied, Jiyong grinned at me and waved. "I'll get going or I'm going to be late. See ya!"

 

He jogged out of the cafe and I saw him enter his car. I sighed happily as I watched him.

 

Everything he has been doing around me makes my heart feel lighter... There's a little bit of hope in me that he's doing this because... I'm that important - because he feels something special for me.

 

Please please be real.

 

I turned to Zee and saw how she repeatedly wiped the same table and spot. I walked towards her and tapped her shoulder. She seemed shock to see me already beside her.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Zee, what's wrong?"

 

She sighed and brushed her hair with her left hand. "I don't really wanna tell you."

 

I blinked my eyes a couple of times, as if it'll make everything clear by every blink. "What is it? Is it that bad? Did something happen?"

 

"I'm not sure." She mumbled. She sighed and looked at me defeated.  "Look, your mother has been trying to contact me since yesterday."

 

"W-What? Why?"

 

I didn't know what else to say. I don't even know what to feel... but I'm sure I'm not glad.

 

Getting a call or any sign of contact from my mother has always been bad news.

 

"She kept asking me if you changed your phone number and if you have her bank book." She looked at me nervously, waiting for a reaction. But I couldn't give her any.

 

"I-I don't even have her bank book!" I instantly said.

 

"Exactly, Ivy." She took my hand and gripped it. "She's trying to get money from you again. This is another one of her ways. That's why I told her you didn't change your number and that you're not financially stable right now."

 

"To keep her away..." I mumbled.

 

"Yes. To stop her from trying to figure out your new number, to stop her from coming to you." She sighed. "I know you don't want to see her, and I know damn well that you don't want to hear from her. Anything that goes out from is... just trouble."

 

I nodded as I remember everything she ever told me. They're never nice and all she wanted me to feel was... pain and hatred.

 

I shook my head and tried my best to smile at Zee. "Don't worry, I'm sure that because of what you said, she won't come and find me."

 

"I really hope so. I know how much she destroys everything." She smiled at me softly, I can see that she is somehow relieved. 

 

I grinned at her to assure her more. "Thank you so much, Zee!"

 

I spent my last two hours in shift helping Zee serve customers since it's the busiest time of the day.

 

"Zee, I'll go ahead!" I almost screamed as I was already exiting the cafe.

 

She grinned at me and waved. "Tell Jiyong I said he's boring!"

 

I chuckled and nodded before leaving completely.

 

The ride to YG building didn't take much time. It only took 30 mins but Jiyong was already flooding my phone.

 

I typed in my last and only reply.

 

I'm already here, calm down, brat.

 

I hurriedly entered the building and pressed the elevator button but then the elevator is still on the 15th floor. I lazily scrolled through my phone, waiting for another text from Jiyong.

 

"Ivy."

 

I turned towards the sound of the voice and my body trembled.

 

"Mom..." I almost inedibly mumbled.

 

She walked towards me, looking sophisticated as ever, making her look like she's someone really important -- someone really rich.

 

She carefully scanned me and raised an eyebrow. "You don't look financially troubled."

 

I stopped myself from shaking and cleared my throat. "Mom, I--"

 

"I knew she was lying." She let out a sarcastic laugh. "Why would G-Dragon ever let you get poor?"

 

"What are you saying?" I can hear the bitterness and the slight increase in tone from my voice. How could she include Jiyong here?

 

She seemed surprised for a second and then raised her eyebrow once again, she let out a chuckled. "Wow, you've become so brave."

 

She walked a bit more closer to me and I scanned the surroundings, making sure no one would hear us here. I almost stepped back when I realized she's only a feet away.

 

"I wonder what made you become this disrespectful, Ivy? Is it because you're being supported by him now? Do you really think he would settle with someone like you?"

 

She laughed loudly, pointing at me accusingly -- with disgust.

 

"Mom, stop it." I said almost whispering.

 

"Oh. Maybe he's helping you out of pity."

 

I immediately felt the pain on my chest.

 

Out of pity?

 

"Why would he even settle with you, right? Some low life girl. You even killed your parents!"

 

I felt the pain on my throat, trying to stop my tears from falling. I almost let my jaw drop. I coudn't take everything she was saying. 

 

No, I won't let her feel the satisfaction of seeing me cry once again.

 

"If you didn't get born, they would have been living their lives now!"

 

I breathed out and turned away from her.

 

I need to get away!

 

"Are you hurt, my little Ivy?" She chuckled. I can feel her getting closer. She leaned in to my ear and whispered, "Who would love someone like you?"

 

I turned towards her and I saw how shocked she was. "Stop it or else I'll ask the security to take you out!"

 

She froze, shocked. It took a while for her to hide her shock. She chuckled but I saw how nervous she got. She quickly looked around her and turned to me once again.

 

"Oh dear dear Ivy, I just want my bank book back."

 

I looked at her intently. "You know I don't have it."

 

She rolled her eyes. "Just give me a little something to compensate for it and then you can give me the bank book next time!"

 

"I told you I don't have it!" I almost screamed.

 

Her eyebrows creased more, she gritted her teeth and that's when I knew she's about to kill me with her words. Again.

 

"You disrespectful little girl! Is this what I get for taking care of you? You wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me!" She shouted. "What are you proud of? That G-Dragon?! I'm sure you're just one of his past time!"

 

"Security."



I felt his heat behind me and I felt safe, I almost choked on my own breath as I struggled to stop myself from crying. I saw my mom's eyes turn to him and there was a bit of fear.

 

"Find your way out or else they'll drag you out." I can hear the anger from his voice and I know he's serious. He'll really do it, he will, for me.

 

My mom carefully fixed her hair and then turned to me. "I'll see you again, Ivy."

 

I looked away and I felt her leave.

 

I closed my eyes, tired from pretending to be brave. But I know I don't have to pretend anymore, not in front of Jiyong.

 

Jiyong turned me towards him, carefully, like a fragile glass. He held my face with both of his hands and examined me. I saw how worried he was. The feeling of his warm hands against my face made everything even more better, it felt like... home.

 

"It's okay." He muttered. "Cry."

 

Like a magic word, I sobbed. Big hot tears started going down my cheeks as if they're on a race. I covered my face with my hands and sobbed in front of him, letting him see me on my weakest.

 

He pulled me towards him and hugged my tight. I can feel his arms around me and I felt safe, I felt comforted.

 

I'm in the safest place in the world.