Part 6

Blurred Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been three hours since a snow storm strike Copenhagen Airport causing people stuck in airport due to all the delayed flights. Many people were seen slept on the chair. The snow storm causing many flights were hold until only God knows when. The crew and the casts of Youth Over Flower were stranded in Terminal 3. They were supposed to take the flight to Iceland two hours before. But the snow storm didn't look like it would stop soon. In front of a bright candy store, Seulgi sat alone on a white chair. She had been staring at her cellphone for fifteen minutes. Some of the times her body shivered because of the cold air. Even though she wore the pink padding coat that she borrowed from Joy, it didn’t do much help to shield her from the cold. Her finger was busily sliding at her phone screen, scanning all the pictures from AirBnB website. All the houses looked fine that she couldn’t even choose. The only things that could help her filtered the option that were offered was its price. She was told to find the affordable one since they weren’t given much money. Her forehead furrowed as she lost in her thought of choosing the cheapest one that she didn't realize Wendy and Seung Hoon walked approaching her.

 

“So, do we get some chic and nice lodge to sleep in?” Wendy took a seat beside her, peek at Seulgi's phone screen.

 

“You’re expecting too much.” Seulgi answered dryly without even lifting her head.

 

“What? Why? Please tell me we’ll have a warm, new and clean cottage, with open space in kitchen and living room.” Wendy’s eyes gazing, imagining she would dive into a warm bed and sat in front of the fireplace while sipping a glass of hot chocolate.

 

“Don’t you remember we only have few money? We even got lucky that we didn't have to camp.” Seung Hoon woke her up.

 

Wendy looked at Seung Hoon in disbelief “Geez. Thanks for reminding me that. I was just imagining myself in a warm place.” she replied sarcastically.

 

Seulgi glanced at Wendy and Seung Hoon, giving them an expression that she didn’t want to be disturbed. She was going to continue searching for a lodge when she saw Mino, Irene and Yeri walked out from a pastry shop. They were laughing happily as if the cold air and exhaustion from the long flight didn’t disturb their function as human being. They walked towards Seulgi, Wendy and Seung Hoon who were sitting silently looking so dead. Yeri trot ahead of them with a wide grin on her face. Seulgi bend her head down, trying to look focus on her phone screen. She couldn’t help but to feel a little bit of jealousy as she saw Mino and Irene together. They looked so fine walking side by side, something she really wished to happen in her but only ended up playing in her mind endlessly. Mino was found really attractive to her that she tried her best to compose herself and acted normal every time he was around. Though by far, she just became clumsier than usual. Meanwhile she couldn’t bring herself to hate on Irene either. They have known each other for more than six years. She always considered her as her older sister but sometimes she got upset of being the sidekick of Irene. No one ever mentioned her being a sidekick, not even Red Velvet members themselves but when her low self-esteem strike, she just felt sad for always being overshadowed by her.

 

“Guys, something funny just happened.” Yeri stood in front of the three who looked at her with uninterested look while she kept on laughing.

 

“I was looking around for the pastries when I saw Irene Eonni and Mino Oppa already in the cashier. Then I handed my doughnut to her to be paid.”

 

Seulgi and Seung Hoon listened to her story still in the same uninterested expression while Wendy, being the only angel in the group, tried to look excited by faking a smile and open her eyes widely.

 

“Then the cashier guy asked us where we’re going. Then he told me ‘you must be really happy to have a vacation with your parents.’ We were dumbfounded at first then I realized he must think that Irene Eonni is my mom.” Yeri finished her story with big laughter.

 

Wendy and Seung Hoon were laughing along with Yeri while Seulgi just got silent for a while before she let out a forced laughter. Geez. Even a stranger from another continent thought they look good together. Seulgi was feeling hurt a little.

 

“Ya!Stop it, Yerim-a.” Irene hit Yeri’s shoulder.

 

“Why? That was really funny. That means you really look like an old lady.”

 

“You dare teasing me now? You should be grateful that he thought I’m your mom. That means you are pretty.” Irene jokingly glared at her who didn’t stop laughing. “Give me back your doughnut that I paid!”

 

“Mino-ya, didn’t they mistaken you as gramps?” said Seung Hoon.

 

“Hyung, this is blonde not a white haired.” Mino defended his blonde hair making everyone laughed even more.

 

Amidst of their big laughter, Seulgi continued on lodge searching in her phone when suddenly a pack of cinnamon roll was handed in front of her. She lifted her head and saw Mino handed her the cinnamon roll.



“Here’s yours.” He said lightly and sat beside her. He leaned forward to peek to her phone screen, curious on what she was into.



Seulgi turned her head facing his face really close. “Did you buy this for me?” Seulgi who was still bedazzled couldn’t help herself to hide a smile.

“Yeah. Irene Nuna was worried that you might hungry and she said you like that one. So, we got you that.”



“Oh..” Seulgi paused for a split second in disappointment before she decided to let out a smile. “Thanks.”



Seulgi ate the cinnamon roll deliciously. Irene was right, she thought. She wasn't even hungry, but she was already famished at this rate.



“Is it good?” Mino stared passionately to the cinnamon roll as she bit it.



Seulgi nodded while munching. She suddenly laughed with closed looking at Mino’s face who was desperately look like wanting to eat the cinnamon roll in one bite. Her palm covered worried that some crumbs would out of .



“Let’s split this precious roll in half. Here you go.” She handed half of the cinnamon roll to him.



As soon as he took the first bite, his eyes opened widely. “This is real gold. This is good.”



“Do you want this too?” She offered him her last piece while holding her laughter, thinking he must be really hungry.

“No. Thanks. I can’t eat much.” He refused.



Seulgi looked at Mino demanding for elaboration.



“Seungyoon always teased me that I’m a pig because I munched all the time. It was so annoying that I eagerly started to exercise and diet. Besides, I gain weight easily so I need to watch my diet. Even my CEO got strict with my diet too.”



Seulgi nodded her head. She gets how he felt since the entertainment industry was real tough. Their manager also always watched over what they ate. He would even let them in starvation every time they had a comeback.



"Me too. Our manager oppa was really harsh on us. We can't eat like normal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter