Part 2

Blurred Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The TvN meeting room was cold and silenced even though there were four guys who occupied the meeting room. The sound of finger tapping frantically on a cell phone could be heard through the room. They were all busy looking at their cell phone playing games while waiting for the meeting to start after the staff and their manager left them by themselves in the meeting room. Meanwhile, Mino had been busy texting his friend, Jihoon, discussing about their next song project when he heard a loud scream from the person sat next to him. 

 

"Ya! Hyung! What are you doing?" Mino tuned his head as soon as he heard Jinwoo let out a scream. "I almost throw my phone away, you know?" Mino said in annoyance, looking at Jinwoo who got addicted to a games in his cell phone lately.

 

Seungyoon and Seunghoon just mumbling a curse to Jinwoo, who was scratching his head roughly, his cell phone laid in the table. A low tone sound came from its speaker. They knew right away that Jinwoo just lost at the game he was playing by the sound their heard.  

 

"Iiiish, this is really frustrating? Why can't I win this stupid game?" Jinwoo's face got red as  he picked his cell phone from the table and push start button on the cell phone screen. "How did you win this level, Seunghoon-a? Tell me." Asked Jinwoo to which answered by an irritated tone by Seunghoon.

 

Mino let the two of them bickering over a game and continued replying to Jihoon's text through his Kakao Talk. He smiled slightly as he read Jihoon's text that just appeared on the screen.

 

[Anyway, Song Mino, do you remember Yerin? She keeps asking about you to me.]

 

[How could you just leave her hanging there after you flirted with her?]

 

Jung Yerin. A name he slightly remembered. They met in a variety program five months ago. After being hiatus for a two years, he made a comeback with his group and luckily this time their agency let them guested in many variety show. At first, he felt awkward to be in a variety show and met other idols who he'd never seen in person. But his skill in being a sociable person made him easily befriend with other idol who also guested in the same variety program. Not only one or two of female idols who mistaken his friendliness as flirting. And not to mention, Yerin, who he treated nicely during the program just because he needed to make a friend with so he wouldn't looked like an outsider during the program. Never crossed in his mind that he would flirted with a person he just met. 

 

[Yaa, I didn't flirt to her. I was just being nice. People nowadays often mistaken a nice and basic manner as flirting. I don't get it.]

 

[Some of the time, she texted me, but I didn't respond much to her text. I just answered in a really basic manner. Where in the world was the flirting part?]

 

Ten minutes to 9.30, meanwhile Seungyoon still looking at his phone religiously, no one had idea what he was looking at. Probably just some highlighted news or maybe editing a photo of himself to be posted in his SNS. A sound of giggle from Seunghoon and Jinwoo who were playing a mobile game in Jinwoo's phone and a fast tap from Mino's finger in his cell phone screen filled the cold meeting room.

 

[I don't know. Your friendliness can be mistaken though. And can you please just give that girl a chance and stop obsessing over that SM's princess?]

 

[You will never be her type. Just look at her senior, Taeyeon, did she ever date a guy outside SM? Nope, right? It's because SM's girls like that kind of neat, trendy and metroual type of guy in which the opposite of you, Song Mino. Sorry to say that but it's been two years, I can't let myself seeing you obsessing over a princess who treated you coldly.]

 

A small sigh let out from Mino's lips. Jihoon surely knows him very well. Even better than him trying to understand himself. But the feeling he had towards this so called SM's princess would never be understood by anyone. Even for his friend since junior high school. 

 

[Whatever you say. A boy can dream, right?]

 

[Tell Yerin to not get her hope up for me. Don't hurt herself.]

 

[Well, same goes to you, Mino-ya. Don't hurt yourself.]

 

He was going to type back to Jihoon when suddenly the meeting room's door was slightly pushed by some people. They could see from glass-walled door, four girls were lining up in front of the meeting room's door. A creaked sound of the slightly opened door was heard as a sweet sound coming from a girl as she hold the door handle and pushed it inside the room. "Annyeonghaseyo.." Her eyes roamed the meeting room and eventually land on Winner who were already occupied the room. Her shy smile was slowly fading away and turn into a relieve expression as soon as she realized each person in the meeting room. "Aaaa.. annyeonghaseyo." Her cheery tone captured they heart away as well as her eye smile. The other three girls followed her lead and entered the meeting room. They were slightly bowing in unison while greeted them with a looks of confusion. 

 

Winner stood up from their seat in baffled and greeted them back in. It was then when Mino realized he saw the person he was just talking about with Jihoon. He felt his heart stopped a beat when he saw her as the last person to go inside the room. Speaking of the devil. What a coincidence, right? Or was it a fate? He thought. "It's been a long time, we really didn't expect to meet you all here." Seulgi said cheerily while pulling out a chair right in front of Mino. Winner members let out a smile hearing a friendly greeting and seeing such a lovely aura  from Seulgi. She pulled out a chair right beside her for Yerim to sit. "Yerim-a sit next to me." The youngest politely sat beside her and sit still with her back lean straight. It was very uncommon for the youngest, Kim Yerim, to sit still and not making any noise. Mino sighed in relieve seeing that Irene chose to sit in front of Seungyoon. He couldn't imagine what he would do if she sat in front of him. He was afraid his heart beat would easily be heard in the super silent meeting room. Also, he couldn't even imagine what those two older member would react if Irene was in front of them. He imagined he had to bear the non stop teasing from his older members for as long as the meeting goes which was bad because he really wanted to concentrate in the meeting since the program was his favorite one. 


Two minutes had passed after Red Velvet entered the meeting room. All the people were all silence. Not knowing what to do also It was kind of awkward for both of the group since they're not really that close due to lack of interactions. "I'm sorry but are you guys here for the Youth Over Flower program too?" Seungyoon's deep voice finally broke the silence. "We weren't told that they would be another group for the program but it would be interesting if you join this program too." 
 

"Yes, we were told by our manager that we will do Youth Over Flower but we pretty much had no idea that so many people will be guested on it." Wendy answered in her signature sweet voice. Her eyes got bigger as she felt amused to find another idol on the show. "Looking at you here right now, it seems like we will do the program together."
 

"Yeah, I always watch Youth Over Flower and I think it's very uncommon for them to have many participant." said Seulgi hastily. 

"Oh so didn't that mean you saw our episode too?" Seunghoon interrupted the conversation, sounding surprised. He asked Seulgi right away expecting them to say yes.

"Yes, I saw it. I'm actually really envious of you, who did road trip on Australia."

"She's basically just a fan of you guys." Wendy smirked at Seulgi. Her smile indicated that she knew something and just trying hard not to friend. Seulgi became flustered as she heard Wendy's words. "No, it's not only me. Both of us are fan of you." 
 

"I'm also a fan of you, Seulgi - ssi." Mino suddenly exclaimed in excitement to which make the other members grin broadly.

"Eiiiii, Song Mino, what's with the sudden confession?" Jinwoo was the first one to . His dark brown hair bounce softly as he turned his head to his side. Mino widened his eyes, trying to convince the other members that he really a fan of Kang Seul Gi. Well, who doesn't like her anyway? She was famous for her round package. An idol who was good in singing and dancing. Being a trainee for seven years really didn't betray her.

"Hyung, I'm really a fan of her. You did the cover dance for Be Mine - Infinte, right? Her dancing skill was no joke, hyung." 

Seulgi cheeks became red as she got flustered from a direct compliment. "Aaa, thank you."

Suddenly Mino got up from his seat and started to imitate Seulgi when she danced to Be Mine. He was mimicking her expression perfectly. Her smirked, her lip-biting expression when dancing, her eye glare, it seemed like he was the one who performed on the stage. His mimicry made all the people laugh. Especially for Red Velvet member who for the first time got to see the silly Mino right in front of their eyes instead of the hot and y Mino who they always saw on stage. They automatically clap their hand while laughing. 

Wendy's eyes almost popped out seeing Mino imitated Seulgi's powerful danc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter