Part 5

Blurred Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was windy and cold when Mino got off of his black van in Incheon. He just got back from his individual schedule and went directly to airport to gather with other members and the Youth Over Flower’s crews. Unlike any other moment when he had to go abroad, Mino didn’t took much time to pack his belonging and decided to leave behind his fashionista side since they were only allowed to bring one backpack. All he got was just two coats, hoodies and pants. He walked quickly with his head down trying to be not recognized by people. His manager, Yoo Si Mon, walked along with him in silence.

 

“Mino-ya, over here.” Si Mon suddenly warned him when he realized Mino was absentmindedly walking to wrong direction.

 

Mino slightly lifted his head and walked beside his manager without any words. He was deadly sleepy from sleepless night due to his solo album project. It wouldn’t be Yang Hyun Suk name if he was not being mean and rude. Mino had handed some of his sample songs that he proudly presented to his CEO earlier in the morning meeting, hoping the CEO would approve his full of blood, sweat and tears self-composed songs. His wish to have a fun vacation vanished as Yang Hyun Suk rejected the sample songs and scolded him to be more original but also commercial at the same time.

 

“Have you packed everything? Your medicine?” Si Mon’s question broke the silence as Mino quickly answered by nodding his head without saying a single word. His gaze still stuck on the airport floor.

 

“You should use this opportunity to refresh your mind again and take care of your soul. You’ve been look like a mess for couple weeks and now you totally look like someone who just lost his mind. You know that you look like right now.”

 

Mino flinched hearing Si Mon suddenly preached him.

 

“All the members were worried for you. Go have fun for the next two weeks Mino-ya. You deserved this. Chase that girl Irene with all your might. What’s the point of working your off if you don’t have someone to at least say good night to you?”

 

Mino chuckled as he heard his Manager outpoured his heart out.

 

“So, you hated my good night messages to you?” Mino teased his Manager.

 

“Of course. It really bothers me to open the chat every night and it actually came from you.” Si Mon sulked which made Mino laughed even more.

 

His laughter fading away slowly as a group of people with familiar faces were seen sitting at the corner of Tour Les Jours café. Mino casually raised his right hand, greeted s who already sat down and some of the production crews. He was going to sit at the back when he heard a girl's voice called him cheerfully.

 

"Mino oppa, hello." Yeri smiled brightly not realizing Wendy had been staring at her in disbelief. Mino hug Yeri lightly before he greeted back to Wendy who slightly bowing to him from her seat. He slowly scanned the entire café with his eyes while taking off his coat as soon as he realized that Irene was not on his sight.

 

“How was the meeting with the CEO?” Seunghoon asked while munching his chocolate cookies.

 

“Don’t ask.” Mino answered coldly and leaned his back to his seat, rubbing his hair in frustration.

 

“It must be went bad.” Said Jin Woo, which was totally not helping at all to brighten his mood.

 

“What time will we be going?” Mino asked trying to change the subject.

 

“In two hours.”

 

“Irene Eonni and Seulgi haven’t arrived yet.” Wendy said as she got restless that the two members still on their way to airport. Her legs lightly shaking under the table while her eyes kept looking back and forth to the café’s door.

 

Mino ped his sling bag and took out his sunglasses. The only accessories he brought along with him also a really necessary thing to hide his mean expression when he didn’t want to be bothered. His thought wandering around as he closed his eyes, deeply thinking about his solo album project. There were five songs that he presented to his CEO this morning but those only end up in the recycle bin as he didn't satisfy with the lyrics.

 

'You need a new muse.' Yang Hyun Suk, the CEO, turned off the speaker after hearing all the sample songs.

 

'Sorry?' Mino said in confusion.

 

'Most of the songs was about one sided love. I don't care if it really how you felt but that was really boring. Was it really how your love life went? Your life must be really boring and ed up then.' Yang Hyun Suk chuckle.

 

Mino tried his best to smile hearing the feedback. He used to receive such a harsh comment from his CEO that he tried to take it lightly as a constructive criticism though sometimes he just wanted to punch him in his face.

 

Yang Hyun Suk got up from his seat and walked to the door. 'Meet me again next month with new songs. Don't show me these kind of crap again.'

 

'Yes, Sir.'

 

Mino was about to get up from his seat when his CEO turned his back and facing him. 'Find a girl, date her, fell in love and you either dump her or break up or whatever. That's how people write love song. Oh, and stop with the fling. I don't want to shield you again if you get caught. You're not Ji Yong.'

 

Mino flinched hearing his CEO brought up his first scandal to the ground.

 

'Yes, Sir.' He answered.

 

Yang Hyun Suk left the meeting room leaving Mino stood alone in despair. New muse. Fell in love. One sided love. Boring. Those words stuck in his head affecting his mood for the whole day. In a bad day like this sometimes he just wanted to disappear.

 

"Irene Eonni, Seulgi-ya. What took you so long? I thought you bailed out." Wendy's sudden loud scream brought Mino from his thought. His eyes widely opened as he frown his eyebrows seeing a bunch of people gathered in front of the cafe they were in. They were shrieking while holding their smart phone aiming to two girls who just entered the cafe.

 

Mino got up from his seat bowed his back to greet Irene and Seulgi. He couldn't take his eyes off of Irene who was stunningly beautiful in her oversized black coat that made her skin looks more pale like someone just pour the white paint to her whole body. Her brown colored hair flowed perfectly just under her shoulder. The loud noise from outside the cafe didn't disturb Mino to admire Irene's appearance. His gaze hiding behind his dark sunglasses followed her wherever she went.

 

"You look like someone who's going to attend a fashion week." Seungyoon said.

 

Damn, Seungyoon! What is it again? Mino silently cursed.

 

Irene furrowed her eyebrows looking so irritated to Seungyoon, but just before she opened to snapped back at him, her manager scolded her in a low voice but clear enough to be heard for people who sat around their table.

 

"Joohyun-a, why on earth didn't you covered up your face? Use a face mask or hat or whatever so people won't recognize you. People still didn't know that you all casted in this show. Be more considerate, can you?"

 

"But - but I wore glasses and I didn't expect t..." Irene stuttered as she tried to defend herself but the manager just turned his back continuing talking to other staffs, ignoring what Irene just said.

 

The atmosphere went awkward as other people on the table could clearly see Red Velvet manager made a scene. Mino saw s were exchanging eye contact tried asking for explaining about what just happened in silence. Meanwhile Seulgi, Yeri and Wendy bowed their head didn't dare to say anything.

 

"Eonni, sit over here." Seulgi finally broke the silence. She waved her hand and pointing out to an empty chair in front of Mino.

 

Mino slightly bowed from his seat to greet her as she pull out the chair and taking off her coat.

 

"You looked fine." Mino said to break the ice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter