Fool

Fools

I'm a fool, I'm a fool who only sees you, I love you

Junkai woke up one morning with a quiet aura.

"Ma, what's wrong?"

"It's nothing, Kai." Junkai's mom smiled.

"You can't lie to your own son, you know." Junkai sighed.

"He lied to us though." Junkai's mom mumbled.

"Who lied to us?" Junkai raised an eyebrow.

Junkai's mom took a deep breath and hold his son's hands.

"Your father... someone saw him with a family. And that family has no father figure. And... she said they looked pretty close."

Junkai kept quiet but his mom can feel his hands shaking.

"Can I... I'll be upstairs." Junkai ran back up to his room and locked himself there.

On the other hand, Qianxi frowned as he was waiting outside Junkai's house.

"Why is he so late today?"

Soon, it was already 9am and Qianxi is still outside Junkai's doorway.

"Qianxi?!"

Qianxi looked at the owner of the voice and saw Junkai's mom walking towards him.

"Qianxi, I forgot to tell you! I'm so sorry!"

"No, it's okay. How's Junkai? Is there something wrong?"

"We're in a bit of a sensitive problem today, Qianxi. You better go now."

Qianxi nodded as he noticed the red eyes of Junkai's mom.

"Please take care of yourselves."

Junkai's mom nodded with a sad smile.

Qianxi bit his lip as he left and went to school. He already missed two classes.

At school, Qianxi was quiet.

"Maybe Junkai's just really sick and had no time to reply to your messages."

"He wouldn't be able to reply because he turned it off, Wutong." Qianxi sighed.

"I hope he's alright."

"Me too, Yinke. Me too."

Qianxi opted to stay quiet for two days. He thinks that Junkai might need his space.

But that weekend, Qianxi visited Junkai.

"Oh, hi Qianxi."

"Hi auntie. Can I go see Junkai?"

"If you can. He won't go outside his room." Junkai's mom sighed.

Qianxi only nodded as he went upstairs and sat on the floor in front of Junkai's bedroom door.

"Junkai, are you there?"

"Q-Qianxi?" Junkai neared the door and leaned on it.

Qianxi felt his heart breaking while hearing Junkai's hoarse voice, probably from crying.

"Yeah, it's me."

"I'm sorry I made you wait for nothing that day."

"I understand."

"Qianxi, why are you here?"

"What else? I want to be with you here. I'm so worried about you."

"Can you... can you leave for now?" Junkai sighed as he closed his eyes.

"I can't. I have to be with you in this. Tell me what's wrong."

"You can't fix that, Qian."

"But I can't leave you here like this."

"I won't be like this forever. You shouldn't worry. For now, just give me the silence that I need."

"I already did for 2 days." Qianxi frowned.

"Qianxi, please." Junkai sighed.

"Then why?" Qianxi's tears began falling.

"Why what?"

"Why did you ask me to be with you? Why did you ask me to be yours if you're going to push me away?!"

"Qianxi..." Junkai faced the door, shocked because of Qianxi's outburst.

"I could wait for you for a lifetime, Junkai! But can't you just come to me? If you really liked me, you would let me in, right? Am I the only stupid one in this relationship?" Qianxi mumbled the last question but Junkai still heard it nonetheless.

Junkai was speechless as his tears also started falling.

"I thought I could understand. But somehow, I still don't really get you, Wang Junkai." Qianxi stood up and left.

Once Junkai was sure that Qianxi left, he broke down and cried.

The following days were hell.

Qianxi isn't waiting for Junkai anymore. He isn't even talking to him.

Junkai just kept quiet because he knows he deserved it.

One day, Junkai wanted to leave early and surprisingly, Qianxi also rode the same bus as his.

It was quiet and no one was talking.

At lunch, Qianxi noticed that Junkai wasn't with them and wanted to ask so badly if the others know his whereabouts.

Good thing Wutong was also nowhere to be found so Qianxi used that excuse.

"Yinke, where's Wutong?"

"Umm..." Yinke looked at Zhihong who only looked at him in the same panicked way.

"Are you hiding something?" Qianxi squinted his eyes at them.

"He's with Junkai." Zhihong bit his lip.

"Where are they?"

The two pretended not to hear but Qianxi was not having any of it.

"Yinke, where are they?"

"I don't think you two should see each other when you're still upset."

"I'm just asking. I'm not going to go after him." Qianxi looked down.

"If we tell you where he is, you'll probably run there." Zhihong smirked until Yinke elbowed him.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing."

"No, what do you mean?"

Yinke sighed as he glared at Zhihong who only shrugged.

"What? He's still his boyfriend after all."

"But they're not in good terms right now."

"But Junkai's health should come first."

"What do you mean about Junkai's health?!" Qianxi's eyes widen as he stood up in shock.

"Calm down, calm down." Yinke pushed Qianxi to sit down.

"Tell me, please." Qianxi's eyes were getting teary.

Yinke bit his lip as he looked at Zhihong who sighed.

"Junkai collapsed on the way here and it was because he hasn't been eating for a week. Like literally, his stomach is empty."

"W-What?"

"It's not your fault. Please don't blame yourself."

Qianxi quietly stood up and went to the clinic.

"Why are you so noisy?" Yinke whacked Zhihong's head.

"We can't keep these things from Qianxi. It's about his boyfriend. If it happened to Wutong, you would want to know it too, right?" Zhihong sighed.

Yinke nodded in understanding.

Meanwhile at the clinic, Junkai was seated at the clinic bed.

"What's wrong with you, really?" Wutong groaned.

"I have a family problem, Wutong."

"Then why is Qianxi involved?"

"He isn't. I just pushed him away." Junkai buried his face in his palms.

"Why?"

"I'm at my worst state. I just... I just want the best for him. If he can wait for me forever, he can wait until I'm at my best again."

"That's not how love works, Wang Junkai." Wutong chuckled as he sat next to Junkai.

"I know." Junkai sighed.

"You're not in the relationship for the happy moments. You're in the relationship for the person, always remember that."

Qianxi knocked on the door and Wutong chuckled. Yinke texted Wutong that Qianxi was coming.

"Make it right, will you?" Wutong patted his shoulder before leaving the confused Junkai alone.

Soon, Qianxi entered the clinic which made Junkai's eyes widen.

"Are you sick, Qianxi?"

Qianxi wordlessly opened his lunchbox and offered a spoonful of food in front of Junkai.

"Eat."

Junkai sighed before eating the spoonful.

Soon, the food was finished and the both of them were just seated there quietly.

"I told Coach Zhou that you're sick."

"I can do it, Qianxi."

"You can't."

Junkai just sighed.

"How could you? How could you go to soccer practice without eating?"

"I'm sorry." Junkai looked down.

"How could you keep it all to yourself and still want me, huh Wang Junkai?" Qianxi looked at Junkai with teary eyes.

"I'm sorry." Junkai pulled Qianxi in a hug.

"Don't apologize if you're not going to change, Kai. That's not how it works."

"Ma and I speculate that pa is cheating."

"W-What?"

"As days go by, we started getting more proof. I'm scared, Qian. I'm so scared that I'd have to live like this while my father's with someone else."

Qianxi hugged Junkai back tighter.

"I didn't want to tell you because I don't know how. I don't want to break down in front of you."

"Junkai, don't be like this. I'm not here only to see you happy. I'm here to be with you no matter what circumstances."

"And I'm thankful for that. I really am."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

After a few days, Qianxi, along with his friends, was invited by Mr. Hangeng to see a professional dance competition.

"Are you sure you want to come with me?"

"Yeah, Junkai. You told us yesterday that you just want peace and quiet. Well, dance competitions are not really quiet at all."

"I just... I just want to be there with Qianxi."

The three looked at each other sadly. It's been awhile since Junkai was smiling. Especially now that his father was going to be home in a few days.

At the main hall, the four sat down and the competition began.

Junkai was the only one quiet and so, Qianxi intertwined their fingers which made Junkai look at him.

"It's okay. I'm here."

Junkai slightly smiled and kissed Qianxi's nose.

Qianxi felt his heart bursting as he looked at dancers for distraction.

"Thank you." Junkai rested his head on Qianxi's shoulders.

Qianxi only squeezed their intertwined hands in return.

"Junkai's going to be alright." Yinke mumbled with a smile.