I will trust you forever

Fools

You're a fool, a fool who only sees me. I will trust you forever, let's be together.

 

Qianxi woke up from the alarm clock next to him with a grunt.

"Good morning, Yi Yang Qianxi." Qianxi mumbled to himself as he rubbed his sleepy eyes.

"Good morning." Junkai chuckled as he kissed Qianxi's cheek before putting on his shoes.

"Kai? Why are you still here?" Qianxi tilted his head.

"I want to see you wake up before I go."

"Go already or you'll be late." Qianxi glared.

"Yes sir." Junkai laughed before leaving the house.

Qianxi sighed before looking around their shared dorm room.

It has been a while before Junkai started his classes at Beijing National University. 

Junkai wanted to take a few classes this summer before the actual start of the new school year so he could be ready for whatever it is.

Qianxi smiled as he caressed a picture of him and Junkai with their togas.

Graduation finished a week ago and Qianxi's already missing Junkai.

Qianxi's phone rung with Yinke as the caller I.D.

"Hi, what is it?"

"You seem to be in a foul mood. It's summer."

"It doesn't feel like it. Junkai's summer schooling in his new school."

"What for?"

"He keeps saying it's to ready himself in advance and so he could chill but I really think it's something else."

"Hmm? Maybe he wants to fit in before the actual first day."

"Maybe. So why did you call?"

"I wanted to hang out but it seems like you'll be third wheeling."

"Then let's hang out when Junkai gets home."

"Okay. Call me when that happens."

"Yeah, bye."

Qianxi pouted as he lied back down and looked at the ceiling.

What else to do?

Qianxi looked at his phone again when it vibrated and saw a message from Zhihong.

Zhihong: Qianxi!! Can you please accompany me to buy Yuwen and Yuhao gifts? They're both mad at me and I don't know how to please them.

Qianxi: What did you do?

Zhihong: I'll tell you later when you get here :)

Qianxi: Fine, where are you?

Zhihong: Thanks!! I'm at the bookstore near our school.

Qianxi: I'll see you then.

Zhihong: See you!!

Qianxi hugged Zhihong as he reached the bookstore.

"So now that I'm here, tell me."

"They found out I've been secretly courting a girl."

"Wow, I did not know that as well and I thought we were best friends here." Qianxi raised an eyebrow and folded his arms.

"I didn't want to add up my own drama in your life, you know."

"Since when have you been courting this girl?"

"Just a few weeks before graduation though. It wasn't that long."

"A few weeks? Wow, you can really keep a secret." 

"Of course I can. Now, help me with the two kids." Zhihong pouted as he interlaced his arms with Qianxi.

After a short while, Qianxi and Zhihong were holding two big paper bags which contains a stuff toy. 

"You're seriously going all out for the two of them."

"Of course, those two might be a big headache but I love them." Zhihong sighed.

"Aww." Qianxi chuckled as he teasingly nudged Zhihong's shoulder.

"Qian?"

Zhihong and Qianxi looked at the owner of the voice and saw Junkai.

But Junkai wasn't alone which made Qianxi's smile fall.

Especially, the girl's arm was clung unto Junkai's arm and the latter was even carrying her bag!

"Hi..."

"Xiao Kai, who are they?" The mysterious girl ask as she shook Junkai's arm.

"Qianxi umm, come on. Let's go." Zhihong dragged the still shocked Qianxi.

And before Junkai could even follow them, they were gone. 

Zhihong bit his lip as he looked at the very distraught Qianxi.

"Who was that?"

"I don't know, Zhihong. I don't know." Qianxi buried his face in his palms.

Zhihong sighed as he hugged Qianxi, who curled himself at the side of the taxi.

Back at the dorm, Junkai let out a sigh of relief as he saw Qianxi eating alone.

"Qianxi..."

"Hi."

"Are you mad at me?" Junkai sat in front of Qianxi who was done eating.

"Have you eaten dinner?"

"I have."

"That's good." Qianxi fake smiled as he stood up to wash the dishes.

"Qian, listen."

"I'm not in the mood to listen, Kai. I don't want to talk about it right now."

"But you're mad at me. I don't want to sleep like this."

Qianxi stood in front of Junkai and held his shoulders.

"I came home. Isn't that enough?"

"I just don't want you to feel sad. The way you looked a while ago."

"I was upset. Still am."

Junkai felt his tears falling so he pulled Qianxi in a hug.

"It's not what you think."

"I hope that it isn't because I came home."

"She's a senior. I'm not seeing anyone other than you. I can't see anyone but you."

"I-I wish I can believe you right now. Trust me, I really do."

"I have never showed infidelity. Why now?" Junkai pulled away from the hug in frustration.

"Junkai, you don't really know how weird you are ever since you went summer schooling." Qianxi scoffed.

"What?"

"You're so dense it's frustrating." Qianxi faced the other way while trying to contain his tears.

"What did I do? Tell me please."

"You've been busy. Not the normal busy. And you've been eating dinner out most of the time. I... I don't know what else to think. I trust you, I really do. But today just slapped me in the face, you know?" Qianxi furiously wiped his tears as Junkai turned him around.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. I didn't know."

"No, I'm sorry. I guess I should have look through with the signs, Xiao Kai." Qianxi smiled tight-lipped as he sat down the bed.

"Don't call me that."

"Why? Because only she can call you that?" Qianxi bit his lip as he looked down.

"No because that's not you."

"I don't know anymore. Maybe I shouldn't have return. My mind's just in a frenzy now." Qianxi laughed as he wiped his tears and stood up.

"I'm not replacing you. I can't. That senior saw your text one time and started calling me Kai. I told her that she's not allowed to call me that because it's only between us boyfriends. But they just got used to it and called me Xiao Kai because I was new. Please don't leave me." Junkai sobbed as he knelt with his hands together as a sign of pleading.

"Kai, don't do this." Qianxi also knelt down and hugged Junkai.

"Don't leave me."

"I will never leave you. Even if you cheat in front of me."

"I will never cheat. You're more than enough for me." Junkai kissed Qianxi's crown.

"What do I do now? I'm still not in peace." Qianxi groaned as he stood up.

"Let's go to sleep." Junkai stood up and led Qianxi to bed by the hand.

As they both lied down, Qianxi and Junkai were just looking at each other.

"Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

"I don't know. How about you?"

"I'm afraid if I sleep first, you'll leave."

"I won't do that. Now, go get some rest." Qianxi sighed as he turned around with Junkai facing his back.

The next morning, Junkai woke up from a text from his senior.

Li Wei: Xiao Kai, you're not going to school today?

Junkai: I'm sorry. I have things to take care of.

Li Wei: Please do say that I'm sorry. Explain everything to your lover, okay?

Junkai: Yes. Please tell me whatever it is that I need to compile by tomorrow.

Li Wei: Yeah, okay.

Junkai: Thank you.

Junkai sighed before facing the other side of the bed to see Qianxi staring at him.

"Aren't you going to school?"

"How can I when you're being like this?" Junkai caressed Qianxi's cheek.

"I'm fine now."

"Then can I start explaining now?"

Qianxi nodded.

"How about you tell me what you want to know?"

"Why did you want to get ahead of your subjects?"

"Wow, the deep question already." Junkai bit his lip.

"I'll ask minor questions later, Wangwang."

"I saw your schedule."

"So?" Qianxi raised an eyebrow.

"It's a stupid answer, really."

"And I'm waiting."

"I saw how worried you were that I'll be going home later than you. I didn't want you to worry about me so I decided to start some subjects during this summer so you wouldn't have to worry so much. And maybe, I wanted to have a bit more time with you once school starts." 

"Oh."

"Yeah, I know it's stupid and selfish and-"

"I think it's cute." Qianxi smiled.

Junkai was flustered so he buried his head in the pillow.

"Hey, I have more questions." Qianxi tapped Junkai's shoulder.

"What is it?" Junkai faced Qianxi again.

"If you don't want me to worry, then why do you keep eating dinner outside?" Qianxi pointed an accusing finger at Junkai.

"I wanted to get on my seniors' good side. And then, I just realized last night that it might have been a bit too much. Sorry." Junkai kissed Qianxi's finger which made the latter soften.

"I can't even be angry at you." Qianxi sighed.

Junkai grinned as he pulled Qianxi in his embrace.

"Do you forgive me now?"

"Mhm." Qianxi placed his arms around Junkai's torso.

"I'm really sorry for neglecting you."

"Then who was that senior last night? You even carried her bag." Qianxi glared.

"Oh! She's engaged, Qianxi. Don't be jealous with her."

"She's not married yet. You can still steal her."

"I already have you, Yangyang. What's she for?" Junkai rolled her eyes.

"I don't know. You tell me." 

"This was supposed to be a secret but you might get upset with me again so fine, I'll tell you." Junkai smirked before pulling Qianxi closer, if that was still possible.

Qianxi smiled in victory as he buried his face to Junkai's neck.

"She's a dance major. And I asked her if she could give me tickets to see that famous dance battle in Huangzhou. Well, she said I have to be her slave for a week." Junkai pouted.

"Don't tell me you wanted to go to Huangzhou for me."

"It's always for you." Junkai kissed Qianxi's nose.

"You didn't have to do that, you know." Qianxi sighed as he traced circles on Junkai's back.

"I wanted to."

Qianxi's phone buzzed and it was a text from Zhihong.

"Oh! Why were you together with Zhihong yesterday?" Junkai glared.

Qianxi chuckled as he checked the message.

Zhihong: Please tell me you're fine.

Qianxi: I'm fine.

Zhihong: Are you honestly fine?! Or are you just saying that because I told you to?

Qianxi: Chill, Zhihong. I'm really okay now. We've patched things up.

Zhihong: I swear I was going to punch Junkai.

Qianxi: Don't punch my boyfriend :( I'll explain everything later.

Zhihong: Okay! I'll call you later then.

Qianxi: Have fun apologizing to those two.

Zhihong: I hope it won't take too long. They can really hold grudges.

Qianxi: They love you too much, don't worry.

Zhihong: Okay, okay. Bye!!

Qianxi chuckled as he saw Junkai pouting at him after he placed his phone on the table.

"What were we talking about again?"

"Why did you and Zhihong buy matching dog plushies yesterday? And they were big too!"

"Zhihong bought those." Qianxi laughed.

"For you?!"

"Of course not."

"Then what?"

"For Yuhao and Yuwen."

Junkai only nodded.

"You don't need to worry about Zhihong. He's courting a girl." 

"What?! When?" 

"Weeks ago, I don't really know much." Qianxi shrugged.

Junkai smiled which didn't go unnoticed by Qianxi.

"Are you happy now?"

"Mhm." 

"Now that you just skipped school, let's hang out with Yinke and Wutong."

"Okay.

Qianxi stood up before being pulled down again by Junkai.

"What is it now?"

"I love you. Always remember that." Junkai cupped Qianxi's cheeks.

"I love you too."

Junkai smiled before he closed the gap between his and Qianxi's lips.