Chapter 5

More Than A Lifetime

Seokjin starts spluttering, "I'm sorry! I know that it's very wrong and I promise that I'll forget about my feelings towards you." He turns away in shame. 

 

Jungkook is still taking it all in. To think that Seokjin is in love with him? Is it even real?

 

Prince Seokjin continues to ramble on, saying that he'd try to learn how to love Prince Taehyung instead. The man was interrupted when Jungkook caresses one side of his face, turning it towards him. He can't feel afraid now, especially since Seokjin also feels the same way. 

 

"Please don't say that," the young prince whispers, "Don't be sorry." He tucks a strand of hair behind the prince's ear.

 

Seokjin stares at him with wide and glossy eyes, "Why?"

 

Prince Jungkook comes close, "Because..." He can feel their breaths mingling with each other. So close... Prince Seokjin is so close to him.

 

"I've been in love with you since I first met you."

 

The young prince closes his eyes as he kisses Seokjin's lips softly. They were just as sweet as he predicted, even softer than he thought.

 

When Prince Jungkook feels Seokjin kissing back, he pulls him closer. His confused heart finally felt at peace, not fighting against jealousy, hopelessness, or feeling like giving up.

 

~~

 

After since that trip back in time, Jungkook would come back to the museum every night consistently. Each night, Jungkook would go through the things that Prince Jungkook and Prince Seokjin would do together now that he knows how they feel towards each other.

 

The two would sneak to find some time to spend with each other and when they do, it'd always be a fun experience. Sometimes they'd go into the orchards again, stay in the butterfly garden, the library; pretty much anywhere in the palace without people being suspicious of them.

 

It's so realistic that Jungkook would sometimes actually think that he actually lives in the past as Prince Jungkook. Sometimes, when he returns to the present, he'd forget some things and had gotten lost with time a few times. It was confusing until he learned how to get use to it.

 

Sometimes, Jungkook would have to be more careful when entering the museum because there are a few nights when it would take Namjoon and maybe some other workers to leave.

 

It's odd because Jungkook would often see Namjoon inside Prince Jungkook's room, staring at the pictures of the raven haired prince. Namjoon would have this face with his brows scrunched together like he's in deep thought.

 

But Jungkook brushed it off, only wanting to see Prince Taehyung to send him back in time. He did noticed that the spirit has been more quiet than before as each night passes.

 

Prince Taehyung would still greet him like always and bid him goodbye, but he just looked.... sad. Jungkook isn't sure why, but the spirit would be solemn and not as happy as he use to be at first.

 

Right now, as the teenage boy heads home from school, Jimin walks next to him. They chatted about random things, things that occurred that day or complaining about schoolwork. But soon, Jimin starts to give him a weird look.

 

"Jungkook, is everything okay?" he asks out of nowhere. Jungkook tilts his head, wondering why his friend would think this because he is completely fine and healthy.

 

"Yeah, why? Do I look sick?" He looks at himself, examining if anything was malfunctioning.

 

"No, it's not that..." Jimin's voice drifts for a second, "Ever since we've gone to the museum, you've been... I dunno, yourself but not yourself. If you know what I mean."

 

Jungkook raises a brow, "I don't know what you mean."

 

Jimin stops walking, making Jungkook stop too. His friend gives him another long look, as if he knows something but at the same time doesn't.

 

"You've been going to back to the museum, huh?" Jimin guesses, "When? And how many times?"

 

Jungkook was a bit shocked. How did Jimin know? "H-How did you know?" he stammers, "You only saw me go there once."

 

"I'm not even sure myself," Jimin shrugs, "I think it's because of how intrigued you've been about the royal family lately. It shows a lot on your face, if you didn't know yet."

 

Jungkook stares ahead. From here, he could see the very top of the castle, far in the distance.

 

"Look, I don't know what is going on, you don't need to tell me, but I just want to make sure that you're not doing something weird like stealing things from the Manerin castle," Jimin jokes, lightening up the atmosphere.

 

Jungkook smiles back, "I can tell you for sure that I'm not interested in stealing anything."

 

~~

 

Tonight, Jungkook does what he normally does now: sneaking out of his house and going to the museum.

 

Before he heads out of his window, he turns to check on his bed. The pillows were formed into a shape under the blankets, making it look like a sleeping person. Good.

 

He nods in satisfaction and opens his window. The boy heaves himself up onto the sill when the door opens, shedding light into the dark room.

 

"Jungkook!" his mother shouts, "Get down here. Now!"

 

When Jungkook is seated at the table across his mom, he knew that he's in trouble.

 

"How long has this been going on?!" his mom yells, "Answer me! Where do you go? When do you even come back?"

 

Jungkook sighs, almost not catching up with the question. He answers the last question first, "I come back home around 5 or 6 in the morning."

 

His mom looked furious, "Are you kidding me?! Where were you all those times?" She's on her feet now, leaning on the table.

 

Jungkook isn't going to tell his mom that he has been sneaking into one of the oldest attractions in Manerin at night. He'd be in more trouble because it's against the law.

 

He glances over to the clock and can see that it's past the normal time he meets Prince Taehyung.

 

"I'm sorry mom, but I really have to go," Jungkook stands up and grabs his jacket. His mom tries to stop him, telling him that they were not finished talking.

 

"Please, mom, it's really important. I have to go now or I'll be late," he pats her hand quickly before grabbing his jacket, "I promise you that I'm gonna be fine and I'll tell you more later."

 

She yells after her son as he leaps out of the house.

 

~~

 

Jungkook is panting hard by the time he gets inside the museum. Not wanting to waste more time, he dashed to Prince Jungkook's room.

 

"Prince Taehyung!" he turns into the doorway, "I'm sorry I'm late."

 

Prince Taehyung looks up from where he's at. He's sitting on the bed with his hands on each knee.

 

He smiles, "It is alright. You can always take your time to get here." The prince stands up.

 

"I am pretty sure you want to go now?" he reads the teenager's mind, "What are we waiting for? Let's go."

 

~~

 

"Seokjin, over here!" Prince Jungkook whispers loud enough for the other to hear. He's in the small woods at the very edge of the palace. The pair had planned to meet there an hour after dinner.

 

"Jungkook!"

 

Prince Seokjin jumps into the young prince's arms. He pulls back with a big smile, one of the things that Prince Jungkook adores.

 

"I missed you so much," Jungkook says as he holds Seokjin's hands in front of them. They see each other everyday but can't do much because of the people around.

 

"Jungkook, you're too adorable," Seokjin chuckles lightly.

 

Not wanting to risk the chances of being seen together like this, the two princes walk deeper into the woods. When it seems safe enough, the pair stop to sit down on a log.

 

They ask about each other's day, talking about whatever they like except for one thing:

 

Prince Taehyung.

 

Without even discussing it once, the two already know that they don't want to bring the future king up. Jungkook doesn't know what to do when the wedding comes, but for now, he and Seokjin can enjoy themselves for a while; see how long it'll last.

 

When it is getting too dark, almost to the point of not being able to see anything, Seokjin suggests that they go back to get sleep.

 

"No, I don't want to yet," the young prince whines, "If we do, then I have to sleep with you in your chambers." He gives the older prince a teasing smile, earning himself a small push.

 

"You know that's not possible," Seokjin says but blushed a little at the thought of them cuddling in bed, "But really, let us go back before someone notices our absence."

 

Even though he didn't want to, Jungkook gives in. It's a bit difficult to find time with Seokjin but each time they do meet, it's always worth it.

 

"Wait!" Jungkook pulls Seokjin back on the log, "I need a goodbye kiss."

 

So Seokjin leans in and kisses Jungkook quickly. It was a simple kiss and when Seokjin was going to pull away, the young prince does the opposite, extending the kiss.

 

The were lost in their own world...

 

 

"PRINCE SEOKJIN!!"

 

The harsh and loud voice scares the couple. Seokjin saw who it was and gasps.

 

Immediately, Prince Jungkook's arms around Seokjin's waist tighten when Hoseok storms towards them.

 

"No!" he shouts when Hoseok yanks Seokjin. He wouldn't let go and soon, they were pulling Seokjin from both sides.

 

"Prince Jungkook," Hoseok tries to stay calm, "Be smart and realize that you should not be doing this."

 

He forced the young prince's hand away. Once Seokjin is out of Jungkook's hold, Hoseok forced him to look at him aggressively.

 

"How dare you?!" Hoseok booms, "How can you go and have an affair with another man?!" 

 

What Hoseok said is a bit overboard but who can blame him? Anyone who witnessed this would also be shocked.

 

Jungkook stands up, ready to defend the prince, "Do not touch and speak to him like that."  He was going reach for Seokjin but Hoseok moves him away.

 

Hoseok stares at the young prince with disbelief.

 

"With all due respect, your highness," he says with bitterness, "You should listen to yourself. It's not just me who shouldn't touch him and speak to him. It's you who have to stop."

 

The young prince's glare didn't lessen. Hoseok warns, "I will tell you, I won't tell this to anyone. You know how harsh the consequences are if the kings and queens are to be informed of this relationship. But, you must stop seeing Prince Seokjin."

 

Jungkook was going to speak but is interrupted.

 

"Just because I have a lower status does not mean I am afraid of you. I know how to fight. It's my duty to make sure Seokjin is safe," he grips the older prince's hand.

 

"We have to go."

 

Hoseok pulls Seokjin away. The older prince begs him to let him go but is ignored. Again, Jungkook knows that Hoseok is right and is only doing what his is commanded to do but right now, he despises the man.

 

~~

 

Days have past and Hoseok is guarding Prince Seokjin every moment of the day, and night. Jungkook hates it; the only time he could talk to Seokjin is when he greets him every meal and whenever he encounters him around the palace.

 

One day, the young prince couldn't take it anymore so he makes a plan. It's not that creative but it may work.

 

When he finishes his morning lessons, he sees Seokjin in the hallway and of course, Hoseok is walking right behind him. The older prince's eyes lit up at the sight of Jungkook.

 

"Hello, Prince Seokjin," Jungkook bow like always, except this time, he adds a handshake.

 

Hoseok narrowed his eyes at this but didn't say anything otherwise. Seokjin, however, knew that the young prince isn't just giving him a handshake. He's right when he felt a small note in the middle of Jungkook's palm.

 

Prince Jungkook smiles at Prince Seokjin one last time before he leaves to prepare for the next lessons. He left feeling satisfied. It's a good thing that Hoseok didn't interfere.

 

~~

 

That evening, Prince Jungkook sat at a table in the library, waiting if Seokjin would be able to make it. The message made it to Seokjin so hopefully he can come. If he can't, it's alright; it's probable because Hoseok refuse to let the prince go.

 

Bored with the book in front of him, the young prince closes it with a sigh, standing up to return it on the shelf. As he was putting the book away, he felt arms wrap around him from behind.

 

"Did you wait long?" Prince Seokjin says as he rests his head on Jungkook's shoulder. The younger prince turns around to hug him too, hands unconsciously lingering on his hips.

 

"That doesn't matter. What matters is that I am able to see you again. Alone," he emphasizes the last word, referring to Hoseok, "You didn't get caught."

 

Seokjin bites his lips and Jungkook knows that he's worried about something.

 

"Actually, Hoseok did catch me on the way here. But, Jungkook, it was really odd," the handsome prince frowned slightly, "Although he saw me, he did not stop me."

 

Now, Prince Jungkook leaned in closer, "What do you mean?"

 

"I do not know for sure... it was difficult to read his face," Seokjin squeezes the other prince's hand, "But maybe, he accepts me being with you. Or I'm hoping for too much."

 

He ducks away in dejection. Prince Jungkook spreads small kisses all over Seokjin to make him feel better.

 

The young prince felt lucky to choose the library instead of somewhere outside because it had started to pour from the grey sky.

 

"It's okay. Everything is going to work out," the young prince says with confidence. But, truth to be told, he doesn't know how things will go.

 

"Seokjin?"

 

Oh, no. Please, not again...

 

Jungkook pulls Prince Seokjin with him behind the nearest bookshelf. He clutched the man tightly, not wanting him to be taken away again.

 

"Seokjin? Are you in here?"

 

That moment was when Jungkook felt his blood freeze. The voice is closer now, close enough for him to recognize the person. Seokjin seems to know too, staring up at the young prince with panic.

 

When Prince Jungkook turned slightly to look in front of the bookshelf, he can see Prince Taehyung walking around, searching for the eldest prince. Not wanting to be seen, Jungkook turns back to Seokjin, who is now pressing his face against his chest.

 

Jungkook hugs him close, feeling the warmth of the prince's breathing around his chest. He tells himself that they'll be fine.

 

But Taehyung's footsteps comes closer, along with his voice.

 

No, no, they'll be just fine...

 

Suddenly, Taehyung's footsteps stop a few inches away from the bookshelf, and Jungkook feels like if he breathed, it'll give away his and Seokjin's hiding spot. His eyes are squeezed tightly as he wait for the next thing to come.

 

The few seconds of silence seems like it lasted for years, but is broken when Prince Taehyung can be heard walking away. The princes wait until he exits the library before letting out the big breathes they had been holding.

 

"Is he gone?" Seokjin whispers.

 

To be sure, Jungkook peers back and does not see any signs of his older brother.

 

"Yes, he's gone."

 

~~

 

Winter is coming and the king and queen wanted Prince Seokjin to see snow. Seokjin's kingdom has always been warm, the coldest he has seen and felt is just rain from simple thunderstorms.

 

Because they can't leave the palace now, the king and queen of Manerin asked their oldest son to Prince Seokjin to the White Silk Hills, known for its glorious view when the snow first falls.

 

Prince Taehyung loved the idea, and Jungkook is not surprised when his mother asked him to go too, to help keep Prince Seokjin and Prince Taehyung away from danger. The funny thing is that he's needed to protect Taehyung and Seokjin but Hoseok has the option to stay because there is more than enough protection for Seokjin.

 

Usually, the snow should arrive in the next couple of days, giving them enough time to prepare and travel a couple miles to the hills.

 

As they traveled, Jungkook isn't able to talk to Seokjin again; there were too many people around. Not to mention, Taehyung kept Seokjin in their carriage the whole way, away from the chilly air. Jungkook was offered his own carriage but he much rather ride his horse instead. It helps cool him down when he got jealous.

 

They reached the hills and since there was no snow yet, they looked like ordinary hills. The knights and workers set up the tents for the three princes right away. A large tent for Princes Taehyung and Seokjin and a slightly smaller one for Prince Jungkook.

 

The rest of the day consist of setting up equipments and supplies for cooking, bathing, etc.

 

When night came, everyone is exhausted, so is Prince Taehyung, who is told by the doctors to not work so hard. The young prince saw that in the tent, Seokjin stayed by Taehyung's side while he tries to sleep.

 

Thinking that he won't be able to talk to Seokjin until tomorrow, if he gets lucky, Jungkook goes into his lonely tent. He reads his book (Mr. Min had instructed him to read it before he left the palace) when Seokjin enters.

 

He went straight to the younger prince, who welcomes him with open arms. Jungkook can feel Seokjin's cold nose by his neck.

 

"Can we go somewhere else?" Prince Seokjin asks.

 

~~

 

Seokjin laughs loudly when Jungkook finally chased him down in their little game in the trees down the hills. They fell onto the cold but soft ground, feeling the earth below their bodies.

 

They pant from all the running. Jungkook smiles down at Seokjin, who relaxed underneath the young prince's cozy body.

 

Prince Seokjin's hands slide over Jungkook's shoulders, pulling him in slowly. Jungkook gazes into the beautiful prince's eyes that lured him closer.

 

Their lips locked and Jungkook could sense nothing around him except for the prince that he loves deeply. To him, Seokjin costs more than his life.

 

Jungkook feels small tingles on his bare hands and at first, had thought that it was the kiss that made him feel this way but when he opened his eyes, he saw that they were flakes.

 

Beautiful snowflakes.

 

He got off of Seokjin, rolling off as the other sat up with him. Seokjin raises a hand up, trying to catch the white specks. It was hard for him though since they melt on his skin before he even got a chance to examine them.

 

"It's so pretty," the prince said breathlessly. Jungkook chuckles at his cute reaction, "Wait until morning. You will see why this place is called the White Silk Hills."

 

Seokjin's brown hair is decorated with the snowflakes, making him look even more lovable. Jungkook laughs at him but Seokjin points at him.

 

"There is snow in your hair too," he says. Jungkook shakes his head, trying to get the cold snow out of his dark raven hair.

 

"Tomorrow, I will show you how good I am at throwing snowballs," Jungkook promises. Seokjin didn't know what to expect of a snowball. Is it soft like the small snowflakes?

 

"Come on, stand up," Jungkook says and gives Seokjin a hand. The ground is getting covered, the snow dampening the grass. The trees are also getting dressed by the snow.

 

Prince Seokjin starts to shiver and Jungkook takes his hands, warming them up with his breath. He's so busy trying to keep his prince warm that he didn't notice how Seokjin looked at him.

 

He is only interrupted by another kiss. The couple loves kisses, giving them out to each other as frequent as possible. However, Jungkook felt the need to dive deeper.

 

His tongue enters Seokjin's mouth. They have kissed passionately before, but not really like this. They had been a bit shy about it. Seokjin seemed hesitant at first but soon responds, mimicking the action.

 

Snow floats down all around them.

 

Seokjin's first time seeing snow is another special moment that Jungkook will always cherish.

 

The snow glows brighter and brighter.

 

~~

 

Jungkook returns to the present, a small smile displayed on his face. Tonight is another night filled with Prince Jungkook and Prince Seokjin's love story.

 

The teen turns to Prince Taehyung. "That was really romantic," he commented.

 

Prince Taehyung didn't say anything.

 

Jungkook remembers his mom. He sits up straighter, "Prince Taehyung, I don't think I can come here for the next few days. My mom found out about me sneaking out."

 

Prince Taehyung nods, "I know. It's okay if you cannot come here every night. Right now is actually a perfect timing too."

 

Jungkook scratches his head, messing up his brown hair a little. He asks, "Perfect timing?"

 

The spirit expanded the thought, "All you have to do is go to sleep and the story will continue. Actually, it'll go back just a little and when it catches up, you'll pick up from where you left off. It'll be like a dream."

 

The young boy was going to ask why he didn't do that since the beginning since it's way easier than sneaking out every night but didn't get a chance to speak.

 

"But," Prince Taehyung adds, "Because you are not going to be in the castle with me here, the story will continue.... with a small twist." He spins his finger to describe the situation.

 

"I am sure you'll be back here soon. Your mother is a nice woman, is she not?" the spirit ask rhetorically.

 

"Go home, the sun's going to rise. You don't want any more trouble than you already have now."

 

~~

 

Jungkook got home and his mom is already up and making breakfast for him before he goes to school.

 

"Tired?" she asks, mad but calm. The sausages sizzle in the pan in front of her.

 

"No, I feel refreshed," Jungkook smiles and heads to his bedroom to change.

 

At school, Jimin tells him about meeting Namjoon and how they are going to get some food after school. He invites Jungkook but the younger one declined.

 

"What? Why not?" Jimin tugs his arm, "We haven't hung out for a while. It'll be fun!" He pouts but Jungkook isn't affected.

 

"It don't want to get in the way of your date with Namjoon," he teases, making his friend blush bright red.

 

"It's NOT a date!!" Jimin pushes Jungkook off of his chair.

 

~~

 

Like expected, Jungkook is grounded and can't go out after 8 pm. His mom seems confused though because her son is completely okay with being grounded. Usually, he'd complain and would not talk to her until he's free.

 

"Goodnight, mom," Jungkook says as he walks past her and towards his room.

 

"Jungkook, it's only 7 o'clock," his mom stares at him suspiciously. If anything, Jungkook would stay up late when he's able to.

 

"I'm tired. I'll talk to you tomorrow," he yawns before closing the door, leaving his mom in confusion.

 

He turns off all of the lights in his room before finding his way to his bed without tripping. Jungkook waits and waits and waits for sleep to come in. He tosses and turns for the next 15 minutes before he actually falls asleep.

 

Like Prince Taehyung told him, the story continued... with a different perspective.

 

~~

 

The prince woke up in his bed, stretching his body. He goes over to his wardrobe, pulling out an outfit and laying it out on his bed. After washing up, he undressed, wearing the cleaner clothes afterwards.

 

Then, he walks to the mirror to see if the clothes looked alright.

 

Prince Taehyung smiles at his reflection, satisfied with his look.

 

"I wonder what is going to happen today."