Chapter 4

More Than A Lifetime

Jungkook groans and when he finally opened his eyes, he's met with Prince Taehyung's concerned face. He feels okay now but extremely tired.

 

"Jungkook, drink some water," Prince Taehyung hands him a plastic cup of water. After the drink, Jungkook tries to remember what happened.

 

"How did I get here?" he asks. If he remembered correctly, he must've passed out outside the castle.

 

"I was waiting for you to come. When you did not show up, I went to search for you," he explains, "Were you not feeling well?" The prince checks Jungkook for any other signs of sickness.

 

"I..." he thought about today, "I was completely fine until..." He recalls Mr. Min's journal. His head hurts as he remembered a specific entry.

 

"Mr. Min's journal!" Jungkook shouts while holding his head, "I-it said that the prince was dead!" The pounding in his head finally stops when Prince Taehyung speaks.

 

"What? You're not suppose to know that yet!" his eyes were wide open, "It's far too early!" He holds onto the younger boy's shoulders.

 

"How much do you know from the journal?" the prince demands. Like he had said plenty of times before, it's best for Jungkook to unearth the past piece by piece.

 

"That's all! I only saw in the book that the prince died," Jungkook digs for anything else, "and the numbers 30 and 12." He also remembered seeing Seokjin but didn't get to say anything about it because of Prince Taehyung's reaction.

 

The prince went completely still after Jungkook mentions the numbers. He jumps back suddenly as if touching Jungkook burns. The young man grew confused to how the man's actions transformed from worried to afraid.

 

Prince Taehyung sits back with his back to Jungkook. Even so, Jungkook can see that the prince is shaking slightly.

 

"Prince Taehyung?" Jungkook taps the other's shoulder, "Is there something significant about the numbers?" When the prince gave him a sad smirk, Jungkook already knows the answer to his own question.

 

"I'll find out soon, huh?" Jungkook sighs with a small smile.

 

After a few minutes of regaining posture, Prince Taehyung prepares to take Jungkook to the past.

 

~~

 

The bright light blinds Prince Jungkook and he is pushed to down. His sword clangs on the ground next to him. He cursed the sun silently for being in his way. Now he'll have to listen to Mr. Min lec-

 

"Young prince, at this rate, you'll never be as great as your brother in sword fighting," Yoongi shakes his head. This irritates Jungkook even more.

 

For years, people have told him that he'll become a talented and mature person like Prince Taehyung. He never cared but now, he felt different. Especially when Yoongi says, "Prince, think of someone you want to be proud of you. Think of the king, the queen, or your brother. You want them to be proud, right?"

 

Jungkook grits his teeth. He doesn't care if his family is proud of him or not. What he wants is for Prince Seokjin to admire him. That makes him angry because everything he does, Taehyung does better.

 

Mr. Min watched Prince Jungkook get up for the tenth time, reaching back for his sword. They both get into position to fight again.

 

Jungkook keeps thinking: If he's as good as Taehyung, or even better, maybe Seokjin will find him more attractive than his brother. He felt selfish for thinking this but it couldn't be helped.

 

Swords clashed and both men left grunts here and there. Yoongi was taken aback by how aggressive the young prince is compared to just a few minutes ago.

 

When the teacher was defeated, he smiles up at the prince, "Now that's what I'm talking about."

 

The two continued training and while doing so, Prince Jungkook then noticed Seokjin not too far away. He immediately put more effort into beating Mr. Min now that the beautiful prince is here.

 

And he did beat the man again, grinning proudly at himself. He hears clapping from behind him and when he turns to see how Seokjin's face is like, he's shocked but not surprised when it's actually Taehyung who's clapping.

 

"Great work, Jungkook!" Prince Taehyung cheers. Prince Seokjin has a smile on his face but that's pretty much it. Jungkook deflates a little.

 

"Prince Taehyung, maybe you'd like to give it a try with the young prince. I've been tired out," Mr. Min wipes the sweat off his forehead. Jungkook didn't expect the suggestion though.

 

"Hmmm, that's not a bad idea. I haven't sword fight with Jungkook for a while," Taehyung rubs his chin, "Well then, what do you say, brother?" He extends his hand to Jungkook.

 

Seeing that Prince Seokjin looks like he'd be staying, Prince Jungkook takes the hand, shaking it.

 

Yoongi hands Taehyung a sword while Jungkook went to his place, massaging his shoulders to loosen them up. Taehyung has taken off his coat and stood confidently across from Jungkook.

 

Eye contact was made and the younger prince did his best not to gulp in nervousness. Taehyung is really good at sword fighting and winning against him is always a goal for him. He's just not sure if he's ready yet.

 

They began and Jungkook charges towards Taehyung, who holds the sword up firmly while he waits for the other to reach him. The sounds of sword hitting sword and the ground went on for a while, which made Jungkook feel less nervous. This is the first time that he fought Taehyung this long.

 

At the same time, both princes' swords collided with the same amount of force. They both added more force, seeing who would give up first. As they strain, Jungkook sees Taehyung staring at him hard. The hard stare made him look away to the side.

 

Big mistake, because the sight of Prince Seokjin watching with anticipation made him feel weak in the knees.

 

Taehyung growls lowly as he takes advantage of Jungkook, winning in the end.

 

Jungkook looks down at his empty hands, blisters already forming. Taehyung shakes his hand again, saying that it Jungkook had improved a lot.

 

Then the young prince watched in defeat as Prince Taehyung went to Seokjin, who is probably praising him and showering him with compliments. To make it worse, Prince Seokjin takes out his handkerchief and wipes his fiancé’s face. Taehyung smiles shyly with pink ears and holds Seokjin's free hand. They laugh at each other, not looking away from each other's face once.

 

Jungkook wants to turn away but couldn't. Maybe if he had won, he'd be the one standing with Seokjin.

 

Oh, how jealousy ate at his heart.

 

~~

 

When the king and queen announced the ball for Prince Taehyung and Prince Seokjin, Prince Jungkook didn't want to attend. He'd rather not because it means seeing the two together for the whole night.

 

Four days later, night of the ball, Jungkook finds himself not hiding so his parents couldn't force him to come, but going to the ball room himself. He doesn't know why; maybe it's because he wants to meet someone else.

 

The place is packed with people who bow to him as he walks by. Maybe he's over Seokjin. He takes a glass with a bright green liquid when the king waves him over. His mother is glad that he showed up to his brother's ball. 

 

The king gave a short welcome speech to everyone who came. Again, Prince Jungkook doesn't listen, sipping his drink as quietly as he could.

 

Because he wasn't listening, he didn't know why everyone was gasping in awe and looking behind him and his parents. The now empty glass is place on a table nearby and Jungkook looks in the direction everyone was looking in.

 

Oh.

 

Maybe Jungkook decided to come to the ball because Prince Seokjin would look even more beautiful if possible.

 

Seokjin is dressed up nicely but it isn't overwhelming. Same with Taehyung, who walks down the grand staircase with an arm around Seokjin's waist. Now, the mentioning of Seokjin with Taehyung would bring the young prince down, hurting his pride.

 

Jungkook was so busy staring that he didn't notice the pair stop right next to him to also say hello to the guests. With Seokjin right beside him, Jungkook had to stop ogling at him.

 

When the music played again, Prince Taehyung takes Seokjin to the middle of the dance floor. They were the first couple to dance then more joined in. Those who didn't admired the strong pair dance. Two princes from two powerful kingdoms, a match made in heaven.

 

Prince Jungkook made sure to stay away from certain people to avoid dancing with them. He's not interested in anyone else.

 

Soon, Seokjin dances with the queen while Taehyung went off to keep some friends accompanied for a moment. But that didn't last long when the queen sees Jungkook sitting lonely at an empty table.

 

"Jungkook," she stopped dancing, "Come here, dance with Prince Seokjin while I go talk to your father." The young prince doesn't know if he should feel happy or not. But he obeyed his mother anyway.

 

Prince Jungkook felt warmth spread through his entire body when he feels Prince Seokjin's hand on his shoulder while the other is being held in his hand.

 

Now that he is face to face with Seokjin, Jungkook felt shy to look at him directly. But when he did, he didn't regret it. If Seokjin looks extremely handsome a mile away, then he doesn't know how to describe Seokjin close up. All he knows is that he wants to kiss every feature that Seokjin is born with.

 

"It's been a while since we spoke to each other, Prince Jungkook," Seokjin smiles softly. He spoke perfectly fine but Jungkook had some trouble hearing him. His heart is pounding loudly inside like a thousand drums.

 

"How are you?" he asks then wishes he could go back and redo the question.

 

"Better than before. I'm starting to like it more in Manerin," Seokjin says. Then after that, it was just silence. An awkward silence too. Until Seokjin brought up what happened a few days ago.

 

"You are pretty good at sword fighting," he said, making the young prince blush in embarrassment.

 

"I lost to Taehyung!" Jungkook laughs bashfully, still red. He wanted to win in front of a Seokjin so much.

 

"You almost won," Seokjin mentions, "You know, you should play your flute to me again in the future." This makes Jungkook wondrous.

 

"Why is that?"

 

"I hear you practice with Mr. Min everyday. It's beautiful," Seokjin says admirably. Jungkook loves the way his eyes shine.

 

"If you want then sure, I'd love to play for you again," he hums. The last time he played a short tune for Seokjin is in the plum orchard. They haven't spend time together there since they found out each other's true identities.

 

Seokjin said that they're still friends but Jungkook knows that not everything will be the same.

 

Soon, Jungkook and Seokjin went outside to get some fresh air. They're out in a small balcony but can still hear the music playing inside. When the music changes, Seokjin exclaims, "Oh! I love this song!"

 

Jungkook doesn't know it but it sounds nice and calming. They're still resting from the dancing but Prince Seokjin is already rocking side to side to the rhythm of the song. His eyes are closed and Jungkook finds it the most adorable thing he's ever seen.

 

"Prince Seokjin, would you like to dance to this song?" he asks with enough courage. Seokjin nods excitedly before they stood up once again.

 

They danced in the same position until Seokjin unexpectedly rest his head on Jungkook's shoulder. He could tell that the older prince is tired so he didn't say anything. They danced slowly until the song finishes, no words spoken.

 

But because Seokjin look like he had no intentions of removing himself, Jungkook stood still, letting the other prince rest without bothering him.

 

Prince Jungkook wants to touch the soft looking hair that Seokjin has but doesn't do it. He wants to kiss the top of his head but doesn't do it. Most of all, he wants to tell Prince Seokjin that he actually loves him...

 

But he doesn't tell him.

 

He couldn't because Taehyung would show up any time soon in search of Seokjin. So with that reminding Prince Jungkook, he had to step away from the sleepy prince.

 

"I think Taehyung may be looking for you," he said, feeling bad when he sees the tired face of the older prince.

 

He lets go of the prince but Seokjin wouldn't let go. "Prince Jungkook," he whispers. He looked like he wanted to say something but nothing came out. Jungkook waits but again, Seokjin doesn't say anything.

 

In the end, Seokjin just shakes his head, "You're probably right." Prince Jungkook still see how Seokjin's lips almost twitched, as if they want to spill something out.

 

But instead, Prince Seokjin only sighs, "I'll see you around."

 

Jungkook watches him go, letting the beauty in front of him leave. It's not like Seokjin is going to leave Manerin Kingdom any time soon but Prince Jungkook feels like he's going to miss him for a while. Or forever.

 

Jungkook stands alone on the balcony for some time until he hears people exclaiming. It didn't sound so good so he went back inside.

 

"Hyung!" the young prince rushes to the middle of the crowd. He pushes his way in.

 

Prince Taehyung is unconscious.

 

The queen holds him in her arms. The king calls for a doctor to hurry. Jungkook looks up and saw that Seokjin is also worried, holding one of Taehyung's hand.

 

The ball had to end shorter than planned but everyone understood. The future king of Manerin must be treated as soon as possible.

 

~~

 

The king and queen stayed inside Taehyung's room with the doctor while Jungkook and Seokjin have to wait in the hall. It was mostly quiet between the two; both were worrying about the sick prince.

 

"What happened to Taehyung?" Prince Jungkook asks, staring into nothing. Did he overwork himself like last time? Why is he sick again?

 

"We were just talking. He started to say that he was feeling strange and then-" Seokjin slumps into his hands, mumbling the rest, "He just fell into my arms!"

 

"Jungkook," the queen comes out of the room. The worrying look on her face had lessen.

 

"Mother!" Prince Jungkook went to her, grabbing her hands, "Is hyung alright?" She smiles and brushes the young prince's hair.

 

"He's awake and okay now. However, this time, the doctor doesn't know what caused this," she turns towards Seokjin's direction.

 

"Poor Seokjin. He's been worried all this time. Jungkook, take him to Taehyung. When he gets tired, please do him to his chambers," the queen requests. Jungkook nods and his mother kisses his cheeks before going to Prince Seokjin, hugging him and talking quietly that Jungkook can't hear the two.

 

~~

 

Jungkook almost falls asleep again but caught himself from doing so. It's getting late but Seokjin still wants to stay with Taehyung. The couple talked for the past hours while Jungkook sits in the corner of Taehyung's bedroom.

 

When he turns to check on the two once more, he saw that Seokjin had fallen asleep in a Taehyung's arms. Jungkook glances away, wishing to know what it'd feel like to have a beautiful prince fall asleep in his arms.

 

"Jungkook-ah," Taehyung is still awake, "Come here please."

 

The younger prince went over to the bed and Taehyung speaks, "Take Seokjin back to his chambers. I wish he can stay for the rest of the night but we can't sleep in the same bed until the wedding."

 

It's a rule.

 

Jungkook has always found this rule stupid, but is actually thanking it for now. He wouldn't be able to go to sleep at all if Seokjin is sleeping alone with Taehyung.

 

"Yes, hyung," Prince Jungkook watches as Taehyung stares at Seokjin warmly before slowly kissing the top of his head. His lips stayed there for a few long seconds, making Jungkook burn with many emotions per second.

 

After telling Taehyung to feel better soon, Jungkook leaves the chamber with Prince Seokjin. Since the latter wouldn't wake up, Jungkook had to carry him bridal style.

 

He walks down corridors, hearing the small echoes of his steps as he takes his time getting to Seokjin's room. He imagines him carrying Seokjin like this on their wedding. If, they ever have a wedding.

 

He enters the room, finally, and walks to the large bed. Because he was carrying Seokjin, Jungkook couldn't see what was directly in front of his feet.

 

As expected, he trips over something by the bed, practically throwing the sleeping prince and himself on the bed.

 

"I-I'm so sorry! I didn't-"

 

Prince Jungkook calms when he sees that Seokjin is still asleep. How tired is he?

 

Before he can get up, Seokjin wraps his arms around his neck, pulling him right on top of him. Flustered, Jungkook couldn't move away even if he wanted to. Being this close to Seokjin made his entire body stiff.

 

He's still surprised that even with all of his weight on the older prince, Seokjin is still sleeping like nothing can bother him.

 

A few seconds pass and Seokjin still didn't let go of Jungkook. That's when the young prince decided to take a closer look at Seokjin's face. 

 

He shouldn't have.

 

Now he's basically in a trance.

 

Seokjin's lips look so soft, so plush, so... sweet. Jungkook wonders if it would feel and taste like what he think the lips were like.

 

Maybe he'd find out if his own lips connect with Seokjin's.

 

Prince Jungkook finds himself less than an inch away from Seokjin's face. Their noses are touching and Jungkook his lips. His eyes are hooded as he continues to stare at Prince Seokjin's rosy lips.

 

Then, realizing what he was going to do, he moves back a little, eyes wide.

 

He loves the prince so much. 

 

But, he's not his.

 

Jungkook removes Seokjin's arms that still wrap around his neck. He gets off of the prince then sits at the corner of the bed, where he groans in frustration.

 

He can't have his brother's groom. No, it's wrong.

 

Fearing that he'd actually kiss Seokjin, Jungkook leaves the room without looking back.

 

~~

 

A few days past and Taehyung still can't get out of bed too much. Though he's slowly feeling better with each passing day, Jungkook is still worried about him.

 

He then decided to get him something special. Yoongi allows Jungkook to go out of the palace again after his evening lessons. He changed into different clothes and brought enough money, not too much, to buy something.

 

As he strides outside of the castle, he comes across Prince Seokjin. When the latter saw how he's dressed, he knew where he was going.

 

Seokjin gasps, "Kook! You're going outside today?" He looks excited, as if the other is going on a huge adventure.

 

Prince Jungkook nods, "I am. Mr. Min gave me permission today." He expected Seokjin to go back to his own business but he didn't.

 

"Can I go too?!" he jumps like a child. Jungkook looked a bit concerned.

 

"I thought you couldn't go anymore," he said. It would be great if Seokjin could come with him but like the prince had said before, he couldn't take a step outside of the royal palace anymore.

 

"I know. But can you please wait for me? I'll be quick I promise," Seokjin rushes inside the castle. Jungkook reaches out, wondering where he was going and why. But Seokjin was gone by then so he has no choice but to wait.

 

As he sat on a rock outside, waiting, he recalls the night he was going to kiss Seokjin. It was stupid of him to even get that close. If he hadn't realize what he was doing, huge consequences could surface.

 

"Your highness?" 

 

Prince Jungkook looks up and see Hoseok in front of him. He stands up as the other bows in respect.

 

"Yes?"

 

"I'm sorry if you did not know but Prince Seokjin must not leave the palace until he is married," Hoseok's glowing face grows sterner, "He came to me and said that he wants to go with you today. I'd appreciate it if you don't take him outside of the palace, for his safety."

 

Hoseok bows again when he's done speaking.

 

"I understand. Thank you for looking after Prince Seokjin," Jungkook says before putting his hat on and leaving.

 

The gates of the castle close behind him and unlike before, he walks to the side of the castle. It took a couple of minutes considering how big the castle was. But he stops right below one window.

 

"Jin!" 

 

Jungkook waits below. After a few seconds or so, Prince Seokjin's head pokes out of the window. Even from this far below, the young prince could see that Seokjin had been crying.

 

"Hoseok spoke to me," Jungkook yells up.

He sees Seokjin lean forward a little more.

 

"I can't go," he says, "Hoseok is outside of my door." Jungkook knew that Hoseok only wanted Seokjin to be safe.

 

"Yes, you can," he insists. When Seokjin looked confused, Jungkook smiles softly.

 

"Come down from the window. Get dressed and we will go out of the palace together," he grins when Seokjin has a look of shock on his face.

 

"Better hurry if you want to come!"

 

After quickly talking Prince Seokjin into coming with him, Prince Jungkook watches as the older prince tosses out a rope made of blanket and clothes (DO NOT FREAKIN ATTEMPT).

 

Seokjin didn't like the idea of the rope but he and Jungkook couldn't think of anything better.

 

The young prince watches carefully as Seokjin slowly makes his way down. His hands grip the clothes tightly and his feet were supporting his body by pressing against the wall of the castle.

 

Jungkook sighs in relief when Seokjin is nearing the ground. When close enough, he reaches up to tighten his arms around Seokjin, lifting him down completely.

 

Once Seokjin was safely on the ground, he spun around to hug Prince Jungkook. He feels the older prince trembling and felt bad for making him do something so dangerous.

 

"I'm so sorry, Jin," Jungkook apologizes as he rubs circles on his back, "Are you alright?"

 

Though a bit shaken, Seokjin steps away and nods, sniffing, "I'm fine, thank you."

 

Jungkook let Seokjin catch his breath before he takes his hand, walking to the outer section of the palace. They did this until they made it out.

 

Seokjin laughs as Jungkook starts sprinting with him, telling him to stop since the elder prince wants to save his breath.

 

By the time they arrived, the moon was already replacing the sun. Even though it was night, there was more light than any other day in the town. Both princes don't know if there is an event or not, but there seems to be some kind of festival.

 

The stalls includes games and food. Jungkook looks amazed by this since he doesn't really get to experience coming to events like these.

 

Seokjin brought way more money so the two spend the next hours playing games and winning no prizes. It was still very fun.

 

While Seokjin went to use a restroom, Jungkook comes across a small stall that sells little colorful chicks. They were so cute, ranging from colors red to purple. Maybe Seokjin will like them.

 

When Jungkook sees the other prince searching for him, he hides the fluffy chick behind his back. Seokjin spots him and smiles widely, making the young prince's heart flutter.

 

Jungkook holds the lavender colored chick in front of Seokjin, "Here's a present for you!"

 

The older prince stares at the small chick before taking it in his hands. "Kook, where did you get this? He's adorable!" he pokes the baby softly.

 

"I'll call him Koya."

 

When the young prince points at the stall of colorful chicks, Seokjin almost faints from how cute they all were. They lost track of time but that didn't bother them at all.

 

Deciding that there was too much noise, the two walk away from the fun and head out into the woods nearby. They found a grassy area and sit there with the chick.

 

They played with Koya for a while before letting him roam around, keeping an eye on him. Jungkook lays flat on his back with his arms folded behind his head. Seokjin lies down on his stomach next to him, resting his head on his hands.

 

"Thanks for bringing me out tonight," Seokjin says and if Jungkook wasn't imagining things, he'd say that the prince may be blushing. He couldn't tell much because the other had turned away.

 

"It'll be lonely if I come alone," Jungkook stares back at the sky. He makes a sound when Koya walks on his face. Seokjin laughs at him before taking the little chick off, leaving it on the soft grass again.

 

They spend some time talking with each other until Seokjin suddenly asks, "Prince Jungkook, can I... can I tell you something?"

 

Jungkook grew more interested because of the question, "Sure. Anything, really." He's okay with hearing everything Seokjin has to say.

 

But he starts to feel his face heat up when Seokjin moves closer, lying on his side instead of stomach. They look at each other and Jungkook wishes this can last forever.

 

"Prince Jungkook, I-"

 

A loud horn scares the both of them. They knew what it meant and why is sounded. Sitting up, they look at the direction of the festival.

 

"We should go," Jungkook pulls Seokjin up. They picked up Koya and rush back to the stalls.

 

Everyone was crowed around something. Jungkook and Seokjin squeeze through to see that it was the knights. Some other workers were there too, including Mr. Min.

 

He saw both princes before anyone else could and quickly walks to them, pushing them back until no one is around.

 

"Young prince!" Mr. Min scolds, "What were you thinking? Prince Seokjin can NOT leave the palace."

 

He turns to Seokjin, "Your highness, everyone is searching for you. I assume that it's possible for you to be with Jungkook."

 

He turns back to the younger prince, "My assumptions were correct."

 

To avoid people seeing them, Mr. Min had some knights secretly bring the carriage to them. He opens the door, "Please come inside. We must hurry before the king grows more furious."

 

When the door closes, Seokjin and Jungkook were left alone. The carriage begins to move and Seokjin asks, "What's going to happen?"

 

Jungkook shrugs, "I don't know. My parents will most likely understand. They've always let me come here whenever I want to."

 

However, he can see that Seokjin still feel nervous. He fears that they both will be reprimanded. Koya falls asleep in the older prince's hand.

 

~~

 

"Dear, STOP!" the queen cries out when the king sent Jungkook sprawling on the marble floor. Seokjin gasps as he holds onto the queen.

 

Everyone in the room had been sent out earlier so the only people here was the king, queen, Seokjin, and Jungkook. The king has never hurt anyone before, only during battles.

 

"How dare you put Prince Seokjin in such surroundings!" he bellows, "You know very well that you can go with anyone but him!"

 

Yes, Jungkook does know this. If anything were to happen to Prince Seokjin, his family would have to pay. The marriage between Taehyung and Seokjin is very significant and if anything bad happens, worst case scenario is that the two kingdoms could end up becoming enemies.

 

The king raised his hand up again, ready to strike the young prince. His hand was caught before it could hit Jungkook.

 

"Father, please stop," Prince Taehyung has his father's wrist in his hand. He probably just got up from his bed and is still slightly sick, "Don't hurt Jungkook. He's still young and doesn't completely get the idea of this marriage. Also, Prince Seokjin is unharmed so there's nothing to worry about."

 

The king's hand is released from his oldest son's hold after a moment of silence. He sighs in regret of what he did, "I'm sorry. You're right. I shouldn't have hurt your brother like this."

 

The king stares at his hand then at his youngest son, "Jungkook, please forgive your father."

 

The young prince didn't reply nor look back. He stood up then runs out of the room.

 

"Jungkook!"

 

~~

 

The young prince bursts into the butterfly garden, running deep into it. When he's sure that no one can see him, he cries.

 

He hates how weak he feels. He hates how a marriage could mean more than him. He hates how he can never be like Taehyung. He hates that fact that he's crying now and hates how the person who he loves just saw him in this state.

 

"Kook," Seokjin finds him due to his crying, "What are you doing there?" He pulls him up from the ground and brushes him off.

 

Jungkook let Seokjin take him to sit at a bench. He wipes the young prince's tears, "Jungkook, please don't cry. You did nothing wrong and the king didn't mean what he did. He's just stress. Taehyung and the queen are talking to him now."

 

Yes, Prince Jungkook knows that his father is also working hard nowadays since Taehyung will soon take over. It's just....

 

"I know. I just feel like a burden sometimes," the young prince admits. He got use to it and doesn't care most of the time but it doesn't mean that he doesn't ever think about it.

 

"You're not a burden at all!" Seokjin exclaims, "Don't ever say that again. It's not true." He places a hand on Jungkook's cheek.

 

"You're probably the best thing I know here in Manerin," Seokjin says shyly. He then laughs, "No offense to everything else, but really, Manerin's second prince is something I'd never forget."

 

Prince Jungkook had stopped crying by now, only looking at Seokjin with eyes as big as they can open. Prince Seokjin sees this and grows flustered, "Oh, I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable."

 

"No, I... I actually wonder what made you think that?" Jungkook asks. What made a second prince like him something that Seokjin will always remember?

 

Seokjin went quiet for a while, avoiding eye contact with Jungkook. He starts to fidget and the young prince becomes curious. Just what is making the older prince feel like this?

 

 

 

"P-please don't hate me," Seokjin whispers. Jungkook takes his hands, "Why would I even hate you? I would never do such a thing!"

 

Prince Seokjin's eyes were filled with worry. He looks down then says something that Jungkook thought he'd never hear.

 

 

"I love you, not your brother."