NINE

Moment Of Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

The day has arrived. I’m in the living room of Lee Ho-Sang house, his housekeeper informed me he was busy.

I hear a door open behind me, where his studio office is. When I turn around I see a man that seems familiar, but he doesn’t acknowledge my presence and just rush to the exit.

When I enter he is sitting behind his big desk checking something on his computer, he barely look up to point with his head to the big sofa in the room.

I took a seat and wait for him to finish whatever he was doing. Once he was ready, he sit on the couch across me.

“So… I saw the news. You’ve been having some interesting days.” I knew what he was talking about, images of Youngbae, Seungri and me on Aori Ramen where everywhere, people were happy to see me hanging out with my friends.  

“Well yeah. I’ve been on the move a lot, with the world tour, fan meets, fashion week, my clothing brand, exhibitions, and the preparations for my new album… I have a lot going on…”

“And yet, you are still wasting your time with the wrong people.”

This man once convinced me of choosing the “G-Dragon life”, what meant: fame, success, possessions, money.

My face, my presence, my stage name, all of me became a brand. But I also became lonely, the pressure to create was even bigger, I didn’t wanted to disappoint anyone, or not reach the expectations of the people that have put “G-Dragon” on a pedestal and even more the ones that truly follow me as an artist, as a musician, not just as a trend or fashion icon.

I’ve became anxious, sad, lonely, insecure and suspicious of everyone around me.

This man in front of me convince me that I wasn’t anything without “G-Dragon”. That if I didn’t work for him I wouldn’t achieve anything and that I wouldn’t be able to succeed and make my dreams come true.

But, what were my dreams again? I didn’t even know anymore.

The moment I choose to get away from the people that truly care about me, because they weren’t the “right” connections or

Please log in to read the full chapter