FIFTEEN

Moment Of Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I can’t believe you can write this kind of things…” Youngbae was holding a crumpled piece of paper, we headed directly to YG headquarters as soon as we landed “But you can’t say a word when you need to express your true feelings.”

“What is that?”

“This? Ah…” he folded the piece of paper and put it inside his jacket before answering me, “It’s the letter you wrote for Seungri.”

“WHAT?!! AND WHY DO YOU HAVE IT? GIVE IT BACK TO ME!!!”

“NO!!! OTHERWISE YOU MIGHT DESTROY IT” the er started to run around the studio “AND YOU PROMISE TO MADE IT INTO A SONG”

“I WAS DRUNK, IT DOESN’T COUNT” We keep running and screaming to each other, until we collided with one another, I hit one of the chairs that fell with quite some noise, he took the opportunity and locked himself on the recording booth.

“What is going on here?!!” Yang Hyun Suk was standing at the door looking at the scene like a father who discovers his children fighting. “Jiyong, why are you on the floor? And Youngbae, why are you hiding there?”

After a moment of silence I stand up and Youngbae got out of the booth, Yang asked us to take a seat and explain ourselves.

“This is… I mean, I like this, this is what your album needs to be complete”

“What?” I was dumbfounded. Youngbae ended up explaining it all, and telling him how I had wrote the most amazing love letter, and he was telling me how I should made it into a song after the traitor pointed out that I had already promised to do it. “I am not going to make that letter into a song. It’s TOO personal and I will feel…”

“Exposed?”

“Well, yes…” It was difficult for me to accept that fact, even more because all I’ve been trying to do was to show me without filters, being completely open with the audience and let them see the human, let them know more of Kwon Jiyong. So I was basically already exposing myself.

“Look, why don’t you work on the melody and try to adapt the letter into a song…” I was about to protest but he raised his hand to stop me, “And no, I won’t force you to include it in the album, but it's worth trying and maybe this will help you decide to deliver the letter to whom it was written.”

After that Yang leaved me with Youngbae that was looking apprehensive.

“I won’t do anything stupid, ok? I won’t run away and I won’t destroy the letter” he was more concerned about the letter than about me. “Would you mind leaving me alone? I need some space to work…”

“Ok, I will be around, so if you need anything just text me or call me and…” He almost didn’t give me the letter.

“Youngbae, I’m ok. And you already listened to our CEO, I need to finish this album, otherwise my fans will continue to attack him on his social media.” I laugh at that, it was funny and a little cute how he, being such powerful man in the music industry cannot stand the comments of fangirls in social media.

“Fine, I will probably be in one of the dance studios.” And he started to gather his stuff to leave, but I suddenly thought of something.

“Youngbae, Yang Hyun Suk hyung is such a powerful man…” He stopped in his tracks, he was serious.

“I know what you are thinking Ji, and I can’t tell you much, but you should know that Hyun Suk hyung have been doing nothing but help Seungri. If you also want to help him, you need to know the whole story and for that you need to talk to maknae.” I was left alone with my thoughts and struggling in the creation of a song that never meant to be one.

In the past the conception of the melody wouldn’t be such a difficult task as it was now. I didn’t know how long I’ve been staring at the computer, a strong headache made me realize that I haven’t even started.

“I need help…”

Teddy and Choice 37 were busy, somewhere, neither of them answer my calls and I was getting desperate.  I needed a cigarette.

“Seungri?”  I reached the roof where I can take a smoke in peace and there he was, staring at the dark sky. “What are you doing here? I mean… Hi, how are you?”

He looked tired and I can tell he was nervous since he was blinking nonstop.

“Hi. I’m ok… You look…”

“Like … I know. Youngbae drag me all the way from Jeju to the studio. I don’t even

Please log in to read the full chapter