FIVE

Moment Of Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

I arrived to Seunghyun hyung house. He lived in a nice villa in the suburbs, in some exclusive area with a lot of security, to ensure the privacy of the residents.

His house is more like a museum, he have pieces of art everywhere and the only areas of the house that had decent temperature for humans were the living room and dining room, and maybe his bedroom and the kitchen, the rest of his residence was equipped with a special cooling system to preserve his works of art.

I enter the living room to found 3 drunk guys making fun of each other. Youngbae would never admit being drunk, so it was even funnier to mess with him.

“Hyung, I understand we were supposed to arrive at 7. It seem you guys have here a couple of hours.”

“Well, it is 9, so yes we have been here a couple of hours.”

Daesung was laughing at something Youngbae was doing, I wasn’t paying enough attention to my surroundings.

“You came”

, I knew that voice too well. It sometimes haunt me at night, mostly when insomnia is a and decided to keep me company until sunrise.

“Seunghyun hyung told me that you most probably wouldn’t be here since you are too stressed with your new album.”

I turn around to find the owner that voice. And there he was, my maknae, Seungri, looking all fresh, with his good looks and fit figure. He was coming from the kitchen with a plate of snacks, his hair was platinum blond, he was wearing skinny black jeans, with a matching shirt and a leather jacket.

“Well… he was right, that’s why I arrived late…But… how come you don’t look drunk?”

“I arrived a couple of minutes before you, I came directly from the airport.” Suddenly Seunghyun started complaining because he was still waiting for his snacks. “Wait hyung… gosh I just arrived, I haven’t even take off my jacket. Here, your snacks… stooop, no…”

They all started to attack the maknae and fight over the snacks. He was giggling and trying to escape from them.  And I was just there watching how there are some things that never change, how after so many years of knowing each other we maintain our friendship, trust and mischievous ways with one another, and how the maknae kept his annoyingly obnoxious laugh and his easy going aura, how he can uplift the mood of any room or circumstance, how he make his hyungs happy. He started joking with them and playfully messed with the snacks until Seunghyun had enough and crushed him in a hug while Daesung run away with the snacks, Youngbae was laughing his off in the couch.

And I was still there, standing in the same spot, in one hand a bag full of different snacks and a bottle of wine in the other.

I haven’t seen him in so long and it hit me how much I have missed him.

I’d be lying if I say I don’t keep track on his activities. Since the last time I saw him till now he have become quite famous, he is a lot of good things, hardworking, good looking, cool, interesting, polyglot –as far as I know he speaks like 5 languages- , a social butterfly with lots of friends from different countries, he knows how to balance –even better than Youngbae- the funny side of his life and his work.

The last time I really spend time with him was in Las Vegas, I had invited him to spend New Year’s Eve with me, we went to a party hosted by Diplo and spend some quality time together. After that I saw Kiko, my girlfriend of the moment, and the truth is that I neglected Seungri, even so he still forgave me and even dare to coordinate outfits with me for when we returned to Korea, everyone at the airport went crazy and our pictures were in every media outlet, more because it was me arriving with whom at the moment was only known as one the youngest entrepreneurs of the country.

We were known in Korea as Big Bang, a group of famous friends, Youngbae and I meet Seungri at high school and even though we were in different grades our interest in dancing and music brought us together in the dancing club. We never lost contact, Seunghyun join the group when he ended up in the same agency and took an immediate liking on Seungri, and even with Daesung who we got to meet later on, we created good chemistry, at the beginning Seungri had a hard time to get used to a new maknae –what was ridiculous since he will always be the youngest- but eventually the awkwardness between them have disappeared, I think they saw each other more than they see me.

Seungri and I were roommates once, when he was struggling between college, financial problems and his firs

Please log in to read the full chapter