CHAPTER 18: CRYSTAL CLEAR

It's You


IRENE’s POV

Seungwan said that she will tell me how did she get those scars. But then, the dinner had finished and she didn’t even told me a single word about it. 

All I’ve heard was what Eric said that Seungwan was into one of his music video, and there’s even a kiss scene.


 I felt mad about him bragging about that. Must he really tell that?. Did he even looked at Seungwan who felt uncomfortable. 
I mean, it’s just normal for a couple to kiss right? But it’s just that, talking about that moment with other people is also embarassing right? . And Seulgi, she also brag about that kiss. I did kiss back that time, but it was I imagined it was Seungwan who was in front of me. Yeah, I do like Seulgi, Seungwan? I think,


I think,


I love her.


All those years. 

 

Without even seeing each other. 

 

Why did I fell?

 


“Seulgi, I’ll go outside and get some fresh air okay?”  I said to Seulgi as she is watching her favorite drama.

 

“Ok, You want me to come with you?” Seulgi asked me

 

“No, its ok, you can’t miss that episode”


“Okay. Don’t be late back , okay?”


I just hummed and walked outside our room.
 
I feel like walking tonight. The ocean breeze is nice, with the dark clouds and the stars in the sky, the lights that keeping this place lit up.

I walked in front of the ocean , looking down, while wishing that I could talk to Wendy .

 

 

 


“Are you alone?” 

I looked up and saw a handsome man who is half . 

He doesn’t looked harmless but I can tell that he is indeed a playboy.

It’s quite boring in here so I decided to talk to him.

I nodded my head as he starts to join me in the midst of walking.

“I’m Suho” the guy said as he stretched his arms to ask for a handshake.

 

“Joohyun” I said while snobbing his hand for a handshake.

“That’s quite a lovely name” Suho said and wrapped his arms around my shoulder. I was shocked at the action but I just let him. 


“Thanks”

 

As we are walking by, I heard someone screamed at the back. I turned to look around and saw an unfamiliar girl walking towards Suho and me. Then Suho immediately let’s go of my shoulder and walked a little farther from me. 

 

“How dare you! How dare you flirt with my boyfriend!” The girl screamed angrily.

 

“What are you—”

 

“How long are you flirting with Suho huh?” The girl looked at me with his sharp eyes and lift her hands up. I can tell that she was about to slap me so I closed my eyes to endure the pain.

 

 

…….


Why doesn’t it hurt?

I cant feel a sting in my cheeks.


I open my eyes and I saw that the girls hand was grabed by someone at her back. Preventing the girl from slaping me.


I stretched my head to the side to look at the person behind the mean girlfriend and my heart beats crazily as I saw who it was that saved me.


It’s her,


It’s Seungwan.

 


“Excuse me miss, But I think you are mistaken, You see, You’re boyfriend seems to be playing around with my… (Seungwan let’s go of the girlfriend’s hands and walked beside me and intertwined our hands)  GIRLFRIEND”

 


What did she just called me?

 

G-G-G-Gir—lfr—iend? 


*Heartbeat* 

*Heartbeat*


*Heartbeat*


I can’t hear anything,


All I can hear was this bass drum all around. Wait are their any bass drum around here?


Stupid Joohyun! That’s your heart.


I was surprised as Seungwan pulls me to walk outside the resort and headed me to the nearest coffee shop, leaving the two behind. What did she just tell them? 

 


I still can’t hear anything exempt my heart who is running wildly.


I felt that she stopped walking in front of the coffee shop and I saw her talking but I still can’t hear what she is trying to say.

I looked down at our intertwined hands and she immediately let’s go of them. 


Then I felt that my heartbeat became steady.


“S-Sorry, I-I didn’t mean to, It’s just that, the girl was about to slap you and I can’t think of any solution, So Unnie, don’t misunderstand” Seungwan said apologetically


Yeah,


It’s just that,


For Godsake, She’s taken Joohyun! And you are taken!


“Y-yeah, I understand everything, D-don’t worry” I said as I nodded and faked a smile,


I looked at her and my eyes were stuck at her stomach, She is wearing a black crop top and a white skinny jeans. She has abs, but those scars.


“Seungwan-ah” 


“Nae, Unnie?” She said and looked at me confusely 

 

“Can you tell me now how did you get those scars?” 


“Oh, right, It’s a long story so, how about we go inside and drink some coffee while were having chit-chat?. Don’t worry, it’s on me” Seungwan said as she she points at the coffee shop with her  thumb.


“Sure” I said as I headed inside the café


Seungwan pulled the chair for me to sit down as we find an empty chair to sit.

 

I miss this gentlewan.

 

“Thanks” I said and smiled at her.

“No problem” She said while smiling  and sitting down on her chair.


She called for the waiter and said her orders.


“Two Ice cream cake, and Two bubble tea” She said and the waiter just nodded his head and walked towards the counter to make our orders.

 

So she still remeember…

 

What I like to eat when we go to café’s .


“Is my order okay to you?” She asked and looked at me

“You still remember what I like to order” I said as my eyes are never leaving her eyes.

“W-well, yeah, hehe” Wendy said as she scratches the back of her head


Just a few seconds, the waiter comes in and gave us our orders.


I started to sip my bubble tea and decided to break the silence.

“So, Wendy, can you tell me everything?” 


Wendy took a bite of the ice cream cake and as she finished chewing it . She gulped it and starts to talk.


“Well, you see, I leaved at your exact birthday right?” 

I nodded my head as I still felt the pain of her leaving me at my special day. But I want to knkw her reasin. There must be a reason.


“Well, My real plan was too watch your whole celebration party, someone called dad and he told me that my mom, you know, my mom is in Canada right?”

 

I can see her eyes getting teary. Why are you like this, don’t cry, cause when I see you cry, I feel hurt.


I nodded my head.

 

“My dad told me that my mom, is dying” 


I saw her tears fell as she looks at her bubble tea while smiling but her eyes are crying.

“I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to witness your celebration fully” Seungwan is now crying and looking at me.

Suddenly, my tears starts to fell as I saw Seungwan cryingharder

I held her hand on the table as I want to comfort her. And she held mine as she tries to smile a little brighter.

“It’s okay, I understand now”  I said and gave her a smile but my eyes are still letting out the tears I have inside.


“The doctor said that they can still extend her life by replacing her kidney, so I donated mine to take care of her. That’s why I have these now (she points at her scar) and I’m proud that I made that sacrifice” Seungwan said as she she smiles


Why are you so kind Seungwan?


Even you’re mother who gaved you away when you were young, you still forgaved her that easily. 


I held her hand tighter and she smiled at me, her crying seems to have been a little lighter than before.


“Unnie, you must have been mad at me by not contacting you those 5 years right?” Seungwan asked me.


“W-well, I was mad at first but, now, I’m not really mad” 


“Let me explain first okay?”


I nodded my head and smiled at her.

 

“You see, we arrived at Canada and it was still dark when my dad and I we’re walking to our house to put our luggage, but unluckily, we’ve been robbed. My phone and dad’s phone had been taken that’s why I can’t contact you at all, you know I can’t memorize numbers that easily right even though I’m really good at math. And unfortunately, that guy leaved me a present, and it’s my scar in my chest”

 

That’s right, she has a big scar in her right chest


(Wendy giggled) “you know, if there is a contest in getting scars in just a week that time, then I will surely win” Wendy said as she wiped her tears and started laughing loudly as if she was bragging some award she just won

“Yah! It’s not funny!” I said and frowned at her 

“Hey, don’t be mad. I’m just trying to lift the atmosphere up” Seungwan explained

“Just don’t be like that again! It’s not even a joke” I said at her seriouslyy


Wendy just nodded and smiled brightly again.


“Now, wipe your tears and let’s eat” Wendy said and let’s go of my hand


I Immediately wiped my tears and sipped some bubble tea, followed by a bite from the cake.


“Seungwan, Can’t I continue to hold your hand? Or Eric will be mad if you held my hand?” 


What did you just said Joohyun!


Seungwan coughed as she heard something wrong.


“H-huh? *coughs* Eric will what? *coughs*”

“Eric, your boyfriend,  you know he will be mad, if I held your hand” I said while I’m still puzzled by what he said


Seungwan is now laughing and I’m confuse why she is suddenly laughing but after a few minutes she stopped laughing but I can tell that she is hiding her laughter


“you think it that way , huh?. Well, Seulgi might also be mad if she knows that her girlfriend is holding someone else’s hand” Wendy said seriously.

 

“How will she know if there is no one to tell her” I said as I pulled my hand but it was still on top of the table and I took a bite of my cake


Suddenly I felt my hand is being pulled and I looked at it,


Seungwan is intertwining our hands.


It’s hot in here.

 

Why is that?

 

I looked at Seungwan and she smiled while looking at me.

 

“For your information, Eric, Is not my boyfriend. I am, y, free, and SINGLE” Seungwan said as she held my hand tighter.

 


She is what?

 

Single.

 

She is not yet taken.

 

I held her hand back as I realized what she just said.


“Now let’s eat” Seungwan said and started to eat her cake.


I just smiled and then starts to eat.

 


-    - - - - - - --  - 

 


After we finished eating, We are now walking on our way back with our hands still intertwined together.


“Unnie, Can we all leave to Canada after your birthday to film the music video?” Wendy asked as we stopped walking.

“Hmm, it’s not a problem to me. Besides, I really wan’t—” 

I felt raindrops falling and I was suddenly pulled by Seunwan ctting me from my word.


Seungwan pulled me into a telephone book because it’s the only place where we can get shelter from the rain. 


But there is a small problem.


The telephone booth is quite small.


I was leaning on the side and Seungwan is in front of me. Her arms are on side of my head as she is keeping her balance but she is also trying too keep her distance away.  but I can tell that she is getting rained on her back.


“You can come closer Seungwan-ah”


Seungwan did as I told.

 

Her arms still on side of my head but her face.


My heart is beating crazily again.


Because her face, her face is half an inches away from me.

I can feel her breathing in my lips.

 

It’s raining but it was hot in here.

 

Suddenly I saw her close her eyes and I felt her nose brushing against mine. 

I close my eyes as I know that her face is getting and getting closer.

 

I can feel her nose on my cheeks. I can tell that she tilted her head and her lips is getting closer and closer to me. 

 

*Cellphone Rings*

 

 

------ 
TBC

 

 

 

.......... Sorry if I updated late. You see I don't really feel well and I think I'm dying hahaha.   So I apologize in advance... Also, I was preoccupied by reading Finding the cure because it's addicting and My happy ending. Its wenrene stories hehe. But after I read that I realized that this story . Really Sorry if I this just a piece of garbage. I would like you all to read Finding the cure because its so good. Plus the author's themi in that story is unexpected. Its daebak im telling you... 

 

Are there anyone left who still reading this story. You all must be tired huh? you guys did a great job ^.^ .It's your decision if you still want to read this story . I will continue this if there are still left who read these.  

 

 

Lot of people expected angst in this cahpter huh? Sorry, I just happen to typed this again on my keyboard. 

 

The goodnight. Thank yoh all for supporting. Love you all. Pyeong ^.^