Covered Up - Chaelisa

Bliss | BLACKPINK Collection

The familiar scent of coffee with a hint of chocolate lingering in the room made her feel all warm and cozy inside. The small bells at the door chimed as she entered the café along with the cute and happy greeting of "Welcome!" by the only staff in the room.

She sat down on her usual spot, glancing occasionally at the surroundings of the small and low key café she frequently goes to. It has become her favorite place to stay whenever she wants to be alone and relax from the stressful life under the spotlight.

She put down her bag and adjusted her face mask to make sure it was covering up until the bridge of her nose. Her beanie was still intact, covering half of her bangs. She walked towards the counter with a particular chubby-cheeked girl behind it as the staff.

"Hey, Rosé."

"Yah, my favorite customer is back!"

"Don't act surprised. I'm always the only customer you have during this time."

"I'm just happy to see you again. It's been awhile since you were here."

The bell chimed and the couple of customers who came before her left. She's the only customer left.

"Well, I've been busy with stuff."

Rosé nodded.

"I guess you're having the usual order for this season?"

"You know it."

"Alright. I'll serve it to you once done."

She thanked her and flopped back to her couch, getting comfy since she's the only one around with Rosé. Her phone vibrated and notified her of her manager's text message. She opened it right away.

Manager: Be back in an hour. You have rehearsals today at 10.

She sent a quick reply letting her manager know her whereabouts for protocol. She doesn't want a set of people searching the whole Hongdae looking for her. It will be too scandalous and she wants to keep her privacy intact so she can enjoy her alone time.

"A large cup of hot chocolate for Lily."

Moments later, a tray with a mug of hot chocolate was placed on her table. A separate cup of marshmallows came along with it, making her look at the person who comfortable sat herself at the couch across her. She went by the name Lily to disguise herself whenever she goes out.

"It's on me. I know you like extra marshmallows."

"You didn't have to, but thanks."

Rosé smiled cutely, making her cheeks puff bigger. It made her smile behind her mask. Now, it would've been weird if anyone saw her try to drink from her mug with her mask still on. She hadn't dare to remove it ever, even if it was gonna make easy and simple tasks difficult for her. Her manager made it clear to her that she can go alone as long as she kept herself from being recognized by anyone. And her wanting to have that alone time she always asks, she obeyed.

Rosé found it odd at first and she would just look then shrug it away. But as time passed and she got comfortable around her frequent customer, who also seem to be the only customer she has at particular hours in the day like she rented it for those specific times, she got the chance to ask about her not taking off the mask or her beanie.

She had it all planned out in her mind, telling the other girl that she is pretty sensitive to scents, dust and cold so she always kept them on. The reason seems enough for Rosé so she didn't question any further. She even tried to make it easier for Lily by giving her some heat-resistant straws, which she was very thankful of. But some times, she didn't use them just because getting foam on the lips from drinking hot drinks are better than sipping from the straw.

Lily lifted her mask just below her nose and sipped from her cup. Alternately putting some mallows in her drink and in . Rosé was just watching her quietly.

"What" Lily said in between, while munching on the mallows, glancing at the girl.

"Nothing. I just think your lips are very pretty."

She was thankful that her mask covers her cheeks, hiding her creeping blush. Rosé is so innocent at times, she doesn't even know how it affects the her.

Lily had a tight-lipped smile.

"It's been so long since you started going here and I still wonder what you look like."

"Let's just keep the mystery then. It keeps you curious."

"I'm always curious, if it's not yet obvious to you."

"I've noticed, but then this one I have to keep from you." She pointed at her mask.

"Fair enough." Rosé huffed then let her back rest against the chair. " Anyway, you've been missing in action. Fill me up with what's going on with you."

As the usual cafe sessions go, they talked and shared stuff about themselves. Lily was good at omitting some information out so Rosé won't suspect anything. She does talk about her friends and family, with a little background of what she does for a living. She's just lucky that Rosé would talk and blabber more than she would. 

It was interesting, nonetheless.

--------------------

The door swung wide open and a wave of people with cameras and lights, along with boom mics swarmed in the cafe. Three ladies went up to the counter while the others surrounded them.

"Annyeong! We just moved in next door!" 

A petite girl bundled up in coats exclaimed, as the other two girls who wore the same, smiled at her brightly and saying their hellos.

Omo. They're BLACKPINK's Jisoo, Jennie and Lisa!

She stood there shocked and overwhelmed, while trying to keep a conversation with the nice girls.

"Next door?"

"Yes. Two houses down."

"Right. Two houses down."

"We just moved in."

The girls said in chorus, making her a bit confused on who to look at and talk to. As the girls kept talking to her and handing out their handmade macaroons, she can't help noticing that one of them seems all too familiar to her. But then, everything happened way too fast and before she knew it, she was bowing at them as everyone left the small cafe.

Lisa lingered for a moment by the glass door, watching Rosé starstruck and flustered. She smiled at her without the other girl seeing her, and let herself be pulled by Jisoo as they went to another store.

--------------------  

"Wow, that felt like a dream."

It has been hours since she was ambushed by the famous girl group and their media team. It still felt surreal for her to be face to face with big celebrities like them. More over that they're one of her favorite groups out there.

It was already late at night and she just closed the cafe. She stayed up to clean before dreamily looked at the macaroons she received from BLACKPINK.

"I feel like I don't want to eat these. I might have them framed up and put on the walls or in a jar at the counter." She stared at them with such awe, like they were made by angels of some sort.

She almost dropped the bag of macaroons she was holding when a series of tapping echoed through the room. She clutched at her chest for the wild beating of her heart and put down the treats on the table. She looked at the glass door and saw a figure of a tall girl standing outside.

With the familiar outfit, she knew who it was.

She opened the door for her.

"We're already closed. Come in, it's cold outside."

Lily immediately entered and sat by the nearest chair. Rosé followed suit with a curious expression.

"Why are you here?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to."

"At this time of the night? You must be crazy."

"Well, I wanted to know if you liked the treats."

"What treats? I don't remember receiving any from you." Rosé frowned and looked at Lily incredulously.

"The macaroons. I helped making them." She grinned, making her eyes smile even though her face was covered with mask.

"Macaroons-" She whipped her head to look at the bag of macaroons she left at the table next to them, then turned to Lily with wide eyes and completely shocked expression. Lily tugged her mask down to her chin, exposing the mysterious face behind it.

"Oh my god. You're Lisa!" She pushed her seat back and stood up, her hands covering .

"Yes, I am. But please be quiet and sit down!" She hissed, looking out at the window to check if anyone was around to see or hear them.

Rosé sat down, gaping at the girl in front of her like she saw a ghost. Lisa pulled down the hands that were covering the girl's face, making Rosé watch the hands touching her arms.

"Unbelievable..."

"What is?"

"I've been talking to a celebrity this whole time."

"You've been friends with a celebrity for almost a year." Lisa smiled cheekily.

"F-friends?"

"We're friends, aren't we? Unless, you don't want me to be your friend?" Lisa pouted. The other girl waved her hands in disagreement.

"No, we are friends!"

"Good. I might have taken the macaroons back if we weren't." She chuckled. Rosé watched her intently.

"Wow..."

Lisa raised her brows, almost getting lost in her bangs.

"I just think your smile is very pretty. You are very pretty..."

She had an amused expression as she propped her elbow and rested her face onto her hand, as if she was watching Lisa from a screen that's too good to be true.

Lisa let her mask down, feeling all shy and embarrassed at the gaze Rosé was giving her. 

She's doing it again.

She doesn't know if Rosé is just plain innocent, a natural flirt or doing it on purpose. All she knows is that she's greatly affected by this girl and Rosé doesn't have any clue.

But this time, she didn't try to cover up the blush that tinted up her cheeks and gazed back at the girl, wearing a smile that was all because of her.

--------------------  

A/N: This story is for the Celebrity AU request prompt. Thank goodness, Blackpink house gave me an idea. This took a bit longer to publish than I planned to. I'm sorry for the wait. I hope you enjoyed this one!

BLACKPINK HOUSE IS SO GOOD.

I'm so happy it's finally here. I've been watching the videos again and again lol!

Also, can I just say that Lisoo is alive and well. I've been fed very well by my ship. Hi Lisoo shippers lmao.

All ships are very blessed. I'm overwhelmed.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

- sel

Twitter: hiraethcamila

Wattpad: delusionofcontrol