Last Dance - Lisoo

Bliss | BLACKPINK Collection

Requested by @jisuuschrist on Twitter

Flashbacks are italicized.

•••

She took a deep breath and tried to let the air escape through her nose as quiet as possible to keep the other person from asking her what's going on with her.

"Lisa? Are you there?" The voice on the other line asked. She pinched the bridge of her nose, thinking of possible ways to escape the questions being thrown at her.

"Yeah, I'm here."

"So, can I expect you to come to my wedding?" The voice was soft, almost hesitant to ask it all over again, fearing that she wouldn't get the response she wanted.

Lisa pursed her lips before speaking, hoping she'd say the right answer; the right decision for her and for the both of them.

"S-sure. Of course, I'll be there." She sighed quietly.

The sound of the other girl's excited gasp made Lisa's lips twitch in a small smile. It was still the same; it was their thing. Lisa would always do anything to make her smile.

Even if it costed her her own happiness.

"You don't know how happy that makes me. See you soon, Lisa."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'll see you."

As the phone ended, she laughed at herself bitterly knowing that she was kidding herself again.

She knew she already missed it; her world. And here she was trying to get herself together again after a long time of moving on without her.

She wouldn't consider them as best friends. Chaeyoung would've whined all day and night to her if she ever told her that she had another best friend. 

They were just close friends that got too close to have something that normal friends wouldn't have.

She wouldn't consider themselves as lovers either, for the term connotes having mutual feelings— which they didn't have. 

Since she was the only one caught with her feelings from the very start.

She craned her neck, looking for the particular petite girl from the crowd of people in the dark hall. Lisa only went to this dance because of her.

When she turned to a corner, she saw her standing there with her other friends wearing a big smile plastered on her face. She padded over to where she was excitedly.

She always stood out from the crowd. Always the brightest one in the room.

"Hey, you're here. I was looking for you." 

"Lisa!" She immediately gave her a quick hug and waving good bye to the girls she was talking to. She pulled Lisa away with her where it wasn't too crowded. 

"You know me. I'm everywhere."

"I do. Well, if you said yes to the guys asking you for tonight's dance, you'd be glued to one place with a chaperone." She laughed.

"That's why I didn't. One, guys are just annoying. Two, I like roaming around with food in hand. It's the ideal thing to do."

"Well, I'm glad you don't have a chaperone."

"I'm glad you're alone too. We can be alone together. That's the only way I'd want to spend this night." Jisoo beamed, making Lisa mirror the act.

The loud upbeat songs died down and the couples started to go in the middle of the dance floor as the slow dance started.

The two of them fell silent for a moment, both of them observing the people around them going mellow with the songs for a while.

The second song started with Sam Smith's "Make It To Me" and that's when Lisa turned to look at Jisoo and watched her before asking.

"Would you like to dance?" 

She said it loud enough for her to hear, with her heart beating so loud against her chest. Jisoo turned to her with a smirk on her face that made her regret asking in the first place.

"With those cheesy couples out there? Pfft." She scoffed. Lisa tried to brush it off with an awkward laugh.

"I'd only do it if I'm dancing with you."  

Before Lisa got to react, she was already pulled towards the middle of the hall, together with the cheesy couples Jisoo was talking about.

"You're here." Lisa turned to see Chaeyoung was behind her.

"I am. You too." She looked on ahead, searching for something interesting to look at while everyone is busy.

"I didn't think you'd actually go. You were late."

"I got caught up with something." Lisa reasoned out, but the truth is she did it on purpose. She might ruin the wedding ceremonies if she ever arrived on time for the I Do's. She wasn't that brave either to witness it.

"Yeah, I'm sure you did. Have you talked to her?"

"No. Not yet..." Lisa glanced at the mesmerizing girl in her wedding dress, smiling brightly at everyone who were congratulating her and her wife.

Jisoo always looked so heavenly in a white dress but it only made her chest feel pain at the sight she sees at the moment.

Lisa tried not to be stiff around Jisoo. It would be funny that a known dancer is not so good at slow dancing with her muse. Thankfully enough, it was dark that Jisoo wouldn't see how much of a nervous wreck she was.

"You're beautiful tonight. You always are."

She saw Jisoo was about to say something snarky but held it in. "Thank you, Lisa. You're amazing yourself."

Lisa felt more at ease at the small talks they made. The night was already perfect and she couldn't be any happier that to be with her right at this moment.

"You want to know a fun fact?"

"What is it?" Jisoo looked up at her, their eyes meeting.

"This is my first slow dance with anyone ever." Lisa blushed in the dim lights as Jisoo smiled at her and got closer, resting her head on Lisa's shoulder.

"I feel special. I could say the same."

She was indeed special.

"Let us all welcome Jisoo and Jennie on the dance floor for their first dance as newly weds!"

Everyone cheered as Jennie held out her hand for Jisoo to hold, guiding her down to the middle. Both of them wearing soft warm smiles as they started to dance closely and intimately.

Lisa tried watching from afar but already had to turn away as soon as Jisoo rested her head on Jennie's shoulder. It reminded her of their first dance together way back in high school.

She went on to grab a new glass of sangria wine while everyone else joined the dance floor when the couple finished their first dance.

She saw Chaeyoung eyeing her from a fair distance, nudging her to go talk to Jisoo. She was personally invited after all so it was only fair to go show her face to the girl.

She left her glass and went towards the newly weds' table. As soon as Jisoo noticed her presence, the girl's expression lit up as she usually does when she sees her.

"Congratulations to you both. I'm wishing you well on your marriage." Lisa said cheerfully, shaking Jennie's hand, then Jisoo's. But Jisoo only brushed it off and gave her a quick hug instead.

She kept her smile intact. It almost felt fake to her, but she had to make herself believe for others to do the same.

"I was looking for you! I was worried you backed out." Jisoo pouted.

"You should have more faith in me, Kim Jisoo. I told you I'll see you, right?"

"Well, I'm glad because you wouldn't hear the end of it if you didn't come."

They laughed, including Jennie. Lisa glanced at the both of them. She turned to Jennie.

"Can I have your permission to have a dance with your wife?" She felt the bitter taste of the word in .

"Sure, I don't mind. But I don't get the last say either so ask her instead." Jennie chuckled when Jisoo winked at her.

"You're so cheesy, Lisa. Of course, I'd dance with you."

Before Lisa knows it, she had her arm locked with Jisoo's. Every step towards the dance floor was a step closer back to their own world where it was only them that mattered and everything else was just a blur.

A familiar song played as they faced each other, with Lisa putting her hands on Jisoo's waist and the other girl's hands are wrapped around her shoulders.

My mind runs away to you
With the thought I hope you'll see
Can't see where it's wandered to
But I know where it wants to be

"You probably heard this a million times today.."

Jisoo quirked her brows up in anticipation.

"You're beautiful tonight. You always are." And will always be...

So much that I need to say
So much to get off my chest

Jisoo rested her head on Lisa's shoulder. Lisa heaved a sigh.

"What is it?"

"Nothing... it's just that time flies so fast. We went to high school together, then college..." and my feelings got out of control.

"Then you disappeared on me after that." Jisoo softly said and Lisa nodded with lips pursed.

"And now you're married."

"You never really told me why."

Why? I loved you for years. I thought there'd be a time I'll be brave enough to tell you, but it never happened because I saw how you fell in love with her.

"It's a story to tell in another time. I don't want to spoil today's special event. It's your moment."

"I'll be waiting for that story however long it takes." Jisoo tapped Lisa's , making her laugh.

"I'll tell you soon, don't worry."

Jisoo looked at the girl in front of her with worried eyes.

"That means I'll be seeing you soon again, right? You owe me lots of time and stories for disappearing on me, Lisa."

"I'll surely make up to it." She smiled softly, realizing it was still the same. Lisa would still do anything to make her smile even if she was hurting.

They continued slow dancing to the song, making it last as long as it would.

"I remember our first dance in high school and how we ditched the rest of it after that. One of the best nights ever."

And it would be the last...

Jisoo sighed at the fond memory while Lisa just stared at Jisoo's content smile.

You're the one designed for me
A distant stranger that I will complete

"Jisoo, I want to know one thing and I need you to tell me the truth."

Jisoo's face turned serious as she saw Lisa's eyes were glistening, but they looked lonely. She nodded.

"Are you happy?" Lisa's expression was conflicting. She smiled but Jisoo knew her so well that she knows her eyes are showing the opposite of it.

I know you're out there we're meant to be
So keep your head up and make it to me

"Yes, I'm happy."

Lisa turned to hug her tightly for a few moments before she turned to kiss Jisoo's forehead a bit longer than it would take.

She looked at Jisoo's face for the last time, caressing her soft features with delicate touches.

"That's all I need to know."

Make it to me