New Year's Eve - Jensoo

Bliss | BLACKPINK Collection

"What the hell are you doing, Lisa?"

I whispered to her while she had her head look and turn to every corner of the room looking like a giraffe. I took a sip of my mocktail, with a credulous face looking at her.

"Finding you a New Year's Eve date. Duh?"

"I don't need a date. I can enjoy on my own." I stated proudly and Lisa just rolled her eyes at me.

"You mean, sulk alone and stand by the snacks table? Yeah, sure."

"That's how I enjoy myself. Why do you care?"

"I don't want you to be a third wheel for the second time in a row. I know you don't like that feeling."

"Thanks for the concern but I don't mind. Rosé is good company even though you're not."

"I might actually think you like my girlfriend there." Lisa snapped and turned to me, with a glare darting towards to me. I only raised my brows, trying to .

"Maybe." I winked at her.

"I'm doing you a favor and I'll find you a date. Now, it up and look for one too."

"Whatever. I'm fine here."

I continued sipping on my drink while I watch over people who were talking in groups. New guests are arriving and it felt more packed as the space is filled more people. The music is blaring and the noise together with the people talking, singing and laughing almost drowns it off.

I found myself setting my eyes on the food table but not particularly at the food. I saw a certain girl with luring eyes and body that could be sculpted by gods. Her red lips could make me do things but that smile...

That smile could ruin me in a good way.

"Ahh now there's my accomplice." 

I heard Lisa spoke and I stopped at what I was doing. I didn't notice I was staring at her but I didn't think too much about it. I looked at Lisa and she was looking straight ahead, with a smirk plastered on her lips. I followed where her eyes are looking at and I saw in front of us Rosé walking back towards us with a certain cat-eyed girl at her side.

"Hey guys." Rosé and the girl were standing across us, both of them with a drink in hand. 

"This is my friend, Jennie. She was the one who invited us and hosted this party." Rosé pointed at the cat-eyed girl with plump red lips, who smiled at us warmly.

"Hi! I'm glad you guys came. Thank you."

"Thank you. This is a great party. I'm Lisa, Rosé's girl friend." She extended her hand to shake Jennie's and went back and side-hugged Rosé. "And this is my best friend, Jisoo."

Jennie turned to me and beamed a gummy smile.

She's so damn cute.

"...so pretty." I mumbled, while I looked at the girl who was looking back at me.

"What was that?" Jennie asked.

"I-I said the party is so pretty and great. Nice place and food too. I'm glad I came with Rosé and Lisa." 

I cleared my throat and composed myself. I looked back at my friends and they had these amused expressions on their faces, I suddenly want the ground to swallow me alive. I feel my face getting hot at the embarrassment. Jennie chuckled.

"Thanks. I'm trying to make this an annual thing. Last year's party was a hit so I hosted it again this year."

I nodded at her. So that means last year's party that we attended was hers too... Why didn't I notice her last time? Maybe my memory is getting bad. For sure, I wouldn't forget a face like hers. I was snapped back from my thoughts when Lisa spoke.

"We'll leave you guys first. We'll just get something in the car." Lisa smirked at me while Rosé winked at me. My eyes bulged as they turned and walked away from us.

They planned this. Oh my god.

"So Jisoo, are you enjoying so far?"

"Y-Yeah. I'm doing great and the people here are interesting."

"You don't have someone with you? A date, perhaps?"

"No. Lisa and Rosé just literally pulled me out of my apartment and took me here."

"I'm happy they did." Jennie sipped from her drink. "So you said people here are interesting... Anyone in particular who got your attention?" 

"Uhuh. Yeah, I think someone did."

"Really? Who's that lucky person?"

"I'd like to keep it to myself for now. I might jinx it if I tell. Maybe later she'll know." I smiled and winked at her.

  Jennie moved closer and grabbed my hand.  

"Okay then. While you build that up, let me show you a good time first."

She beamed and I could only let her take me where she wanted to.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ten.

Nine.

Eight.

Seven.

Six.

Five!

Four!

Three!

Two!

One!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Loud cheers and greetings were spread all throughout the flat while colorful fireworks lit up the sky. Friends are hugging and couples are kissing, expressing the happiness and celebration of the new year that has just came.

I was pulled into a group hug with Lisa and Rosé, jumping and laughing as we greeted each other and made noises. When we broke the hug, the couple continued hugging and gave each other little pecks. I smiled at them and gave them space while I stepped back and walked to the other side. Just when I turned around, I was surprised by another person's presence, instantly engulfing me in a lingering hug.

"Happy New Year, Jisoo." She said to my ear, making sure that I hear her amidst the loud noise all over the place.

"Happy New Year to you too, Jennie."

We broke the hug and smiled warmly at each other. She pulled me to go to the balcony so we can hear each other better.

"You know what? I feel like this year's gonna be so good to me. And I have this greater feeling that I'm going to know you better."

"Oh yeah, I'm sure with that." I nodded, making her so curious.

"How are you so sure?"

"Well..." 

I stepped closer to her, minimizing the gap between us. Her tantalizing eyes watched me intently, trying to find some hint in mine. I stared straight back at her, with a smile creeping into my lips. I looked down at her smiling lips, trailing my eyes to every single feature on her face until I look back to her gazing eyes.

"You're the one who caught my eye."

I bit my lip, trying to keep myself from smiling so big, still shy towards the girl in front of me.

When those eyes glistened and those red lips formed into that smile that attracted me most, I know for sure that I caught her attention too.

  ------------------------------------------------------------ 

A/N: To start off with the collection and end 2017 right, here's a Jensoo story. I'm thinking of writing Chaennie next to this one. Thanks for reading!

Happy New Year everyone! Enjoy the rest of the night!

- sel

Twitter: hiraethcamila

Wattpad: delusionofcontrol