Backlash

Salvation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Was it rain or was it her tears? It must be her joy, it must be her sorrow. Chaerin's thoughts on wonder. She look straight in the man leaning his forehead against hers with his eyes closed. Slowly taking his breath just like hers.

"Chaerin, just stay with me. Would you?"

He ask her. She already know the answer yet couldn't take it out. The rejection she'll soon utter. Yes she'll say no, she will not runaway with him from that dark world rather than will go back there and continue on what she had started. It would be better for him, it might be painful but days will pass and time will heal his wounds, at least he's safe.

"Ji-jiyong, Im sorry."

With the last glance she left him dumbfounded under the rain and runaway. Her face more dwelled with tears rather than the rainwater.

 

***


It's been a day since Husky's operations failed together with the raid that occurred on Dragon's gambling house and since then he became so stressed thinking of a way to save his business, his illegal business. Its getting dark since the rain is pouring hard. He's groaning in vexation while massaging his temple. 

"Thunder!"

He pressured. The rampant thunder reminds him of Thunder. He doesn't want to supply him with illegal drugs anymore since his team cannot come with a good outcome and if he cannot think of a way to gain his trust again, it will be end of him, of them, his whole team. Thunder will not spare one of them. They are toys in Thunder's eyes and now that they are getting useless, in no time he will dispose them. Lost in his thoughts, he doesn't notice Honey's arrival in his office. She immediately sit in the sofa looking tired. 

"What are you thinking?" She asked making him come back to his senses. 

"Oh you're here? What did you say?" He uttered in his low voice. 

"Im asking what's on your mind but seeing you like that, I already know the answer."

"Tss. How do you want me to react?! Aren't you afraid? If we cannot make it up to Thunder, sooner or later we'll be corpse floating in Han river! And Ciel! Damn where the hell is she? Were not yet sure if she's still alive and kicking. We still need to find her! Arggg!"

He could only brush his hair with his fingers while running his hands on his head. He's going crazy he thinks he wants to explode. 

"Im sorry. Im already doing my best to find Ciel. Don't worry about her. She's tough, Im sure she's safe. We just have to wait." 

She stand up and caress Husky's back though deep inside she's overwhelmed seeing how karma is hitting on him now. It will be easier for her to pursuade him to surrender to the police, it will be easier to catch the druglords, it will be easier to finish her mission with Chaerin so that both of them can go back to their normal lives now. After a while when he's a little bit calmer, she once again open a conversation with him. 

"What are your plans?"

"I don't know. I just don't know." He said while shaking his head.

"I have a meeting with Thunder tomorrow and I don't know if I can still come back alive."

"I'll come with y-"

"No, no, no, you need to immediately find Ciel and escape with her. I'll go there alone."

He immediately cut her. Silence engulfed the whole atmosphere and once again a deep sigh was heard from him, once again his thoughts consumed him. Regrets surely comes at last but he already did it the moment he realized that he fell in love with her, Lee Hani. Yes, he already liked her the first time they were introduced to each other by her old boss who owns a gambling house, but he set it aside knowing it will pass

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter