The Choice

Salvation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chaerin I, I love you!"

Silence engulfed the whole atmosphere. The woman in front of her seems to be motionless now with his sudden confession. The night is getting deeper. The cold wind is blowing making his hands trembly. His trembly hands that forced itself to cuff her face. She look in his eyes. Coldness can be traced to the whole rooftop place yet his eyes were so warm enough for her to withstand it.

"Chaerin-ah. You save me from despair, you gave me the reason to live. The cactus you gave me, I grew it sincerely. But it was not the reason why I want to live, it was you. You became my hope, that someone who stand by me. You can be hurt in what you're doing and I can be sure your brother wont like that. Me too."

"Ji-Jiyong?" She responded in her soft voice didn't know what to say. If only she could say that she loves him too, but she cannot, she cannot just let those words go carelessly. Her heart was filled with different emotions right now.

"I want to ask you a question but can you answer it tomorrow?"

"Why tomorrow? Can't I answer it now?" She furrowed her brows. 

"No. I don't want. I will accept no matter what your answer is but just give me your day tomorrow so that even if you decline, I'll have a day with the most precious memory of you." 

He give her a faint smile. An acceptance of her declining was an easy word for him to utter but he's scared of the reality that he might just do so, just accept her decision. 

"But what's that question you're going to ask?"

"Promise me that you'll give me your day tomorrow." He raise his right hand for a pinky promise which she willingly lock with hers.

"I promise."

"The reason why I take you here is to convince you to leave that world, that dark world. Take my hand and let's runaway. I know you want to serve justice for your brother but theres a lot of possibility that you might end up like him. I can't accept it Chaerin. I cannot."

She just keep her stare at him. That sincerity he had shot into her heart. She pushed him away so that he cannot be entangled in that dark world she decided to enter yet he's still here in front of her willing to take her hand and runaway with her. All this time all she want was to give justice to her brother, the only reason she thinks why shes still alive. Not until he came into her life. He said she gave him the reason to live yet he do the same for her. He made her want to not just live for finding justice for her brother but for a bright future together with the ones you love. But what to do now? The moment seeking justice for her brother as an undercover weighs more in her heart, the only way out to that place was to succeed to her plans. The place that was as dangerous as deep woods its hard to find your way out. 

"Don't think of it too much. Im here for you no matter what."

He snap her out of her thoughts as he lean towards her and gently kiss her forehead. 

"Lets rest now. It will be a long day tomorrow." 


***


The smell of the butter toast lingers through the air of the whole mansion. Chaerin don't actually have a good sleep thinking of the choice Jiyong gave her last night. Until now its still a battle of yes and no for her. She decided to make their breakfast though all she could do was simple fried eggs and bacons and toasted bread with butters.

"You're cooking?"

Jiyong's half awake body approaches her. He sit by the counter and watch her. She replied with a big smile.

"You said you want to make this day precious to you thats why Im giving you the privilege to taste a breakfast by a professiona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter