Reason to Live

Salvation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's already late in the morning when Jiyong woke up. Chaerin's apartment is closed, she's not there. It's Sunday, she can't be out there looking for a job.

"Where is she?" He murmur. 

He look around and saw the bottle of tequila he bought last night, it's still sealed. Just then he remember everything, how he was so devastated but Chaerin manage to comfort him, how warm she is, the first time since then he feel he's not alone anymore because as she said, he have her, shes there for him.

He go down the convenience store to grab some snacks. 

"Hanbin-ah? Perhaps you see Chaerin earlier?"

"Ah Chaerin noona? She go with Youngbae hyung earlier, oh they're here already."

He look outside to where the boy is pointing and he saw Chaerin going out from Youngbae's car while holding a box wrapped with ribbon. He decided to go out.

"Chaerin-ah!"

"Oh Jiyong you're here? Uhm for you." She hand him the box she's holding earlier with her face in grin.

"Whats this?"

" A gift for you. Be careful."

They go upstairs and he open the gift. 

"You want me to grow cactus?" He complain seeing a bud of a fat cactus planted in a small pot.

"Yah! How dare you complain to my gift to you? Yesterday night you're crying like a child to me now you're compalining to my gift to you, hulll how inconsiderate? I even ask Youngbae come with me to his gardener friend." She tap his hand which holds the box and started to put the plant back to its gift box.

"Hey what are you doing?"

"Getting it back from you." He snatch the box from her.

"What kind of attitude is that? You already gave it to me." He pouted.

She try to get the box back but he keep it out of her reach.

"Why did you gave me a plant then?"

"To give you a reason to live." She suddenly turn the atmosphere serious. 

"The gardener say's it's not hard to grow it, you just need to water it once a week so grow that cactus, it doesn't mean that you just need to live growing that cactus but you'll see, it will bloom flowers as it grows, it will be your little hopes."

He could only look at her smiling face that was so sweet, he used to have a lot of money but it's the first time he appreciates something like this. All the time he thinks money can give him everything but here she is making him realize that even though she don't have it all, she can make everything special in her own little ways, just like how special she looks in his eyes right now. How can he only knew a person like her now in his lifetime.


***


Days passed and each day Jiyong and Chaerin's relationship grow deeper just lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter