ep seventeen

The Way She Loved Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ep seventeen

...

ROSÉ.

Tell me how to live a day without thinking about the love of your life that is in sorrow right now, you think I'm doing any better? NO. It's suffocating, devastating, and all the more insufferable.

"What does it mean when someone says she loves you then walks away right after?" I suddenly asked as my mind was spacing out with my chin resting in my hand as I was sitting in the kitchen counter. It was a dozzy cold morning, a bad way to greet Sunday.

Alice was beside me busy cutting an apple to save herself from the drowsiness she gets from the morning, she suddenly stopped with the knife hanging on her hands and looked at me pathetically.

"Are seriously gonna be this dramatic everyday?" She huffed as she went to back to slicing the apple. "I'm sorry..." I quickly apologized realizing that I've been so histrionic about my feelings. Maybe Jennie's right, I romanticize too much.

Then I heard a sigh from my sister, "Okay, look, I can't stand you being all sad and lonely here because that's just worse than you doing aegyo. I know Jennie and you had a terrible love quarrel so let me just tell you this..." she looked me in the eye, and she dragged her seriousness into the atmosphere.

"Chase her." She quickly said, "Chase her until she runs out of places to go, because right now, Jennie is scared. Maybe she loves you long before, she just didn't had the courage to embrace it, but when she did, you decided to shatter her faith. You made her lose the battle, Rosé. So, fight for her this time." my sister's words engraved my mind, I suddenly had this yearning to try again.

 

"It wasn't my intention to ruin her faith, it was just-It was a mistake." I tried upholding my side. "Mistake or not, you kissed your ex and she saw it. I bet anyone in their right mind would react the same way as Jennie." my sister replied back.


"Okay, alright! It's my fault that I kissed her but you can't blame me if she gave an ultimatum for it!" I defended. "Then why are you saying that to me? Say that to Jennie, dummy!" She snapped a weird face at me.

"I know, but it's weird. I can't find her anywhere." I said recomposing myself.

"Try harder." Alice said as she took a bite in her apple. "Who says I'm not?" I quickly rebutted.


"Aigoo, you really are head over heels for her." She retorted with a tease as she pats my back. Let me try again and I swear I'll make it better. I whispered in my thoughts of Jennie.

...

A week has passed. Monday arrived swiftly. I didn't had the energy to live since I'm losing hope in talking to Jennie again. I already went to every possible place Jennie would be but she always avoids me, she didn't even pay any visit to Jisoo's mansion or to Seasonal Café just because she knows I'll be finding her there. I can't catch her in class, nor in the cafeteria, or even in the hallways of the school. I can only see her in a safe distance, where she's not aware of my presence. That way I can see her freely.

That's why I kept crying secretly in bed or sometimes in the shower, the horrid pain of knowing Jennie was no longer in my reach just agitates me everyday. I've never seen her go out all through the weekend. Their house was still and silent, an unfamiliar feeling to my bones.


Now I have a quiz this first period so I really need to be early but as I was walking in the hallway with people constantly looking at me, specifically those pumped out boys who gives naughty stares. I wasn't, in anyway, comfortable.

But my eyes got distracted from a running tandem counterflowing the crowd, it was Jisoo and Samuel. "Rosé, there you are!" the girl with an ever black porcelain hair shouted at me. I was startled and stopped walking as they approached me.

"Have you seen Jennie already?" Jisoo managed to mutter those words while breathing heavily out of exhaustion. "No, why?" My face started to form a worried expression.

"That girl is out of her f'cking mind." Samuel cussed as he was overlooking the place. "What? Why?" was all I could manage to reply.

"Have you not heard?" Jisoo's question sparked panic in my insides. I shook my head in confusion. Then both of them shared a strange look.

"Should we tell her?" Jisoo asked him. "I don't think it's a good idea." Samuel replied. "But she deserves to know this." she chattered back. " She deserves what? A broken heart?" Samuel was quick to reply. I started panicking more. What the hell are they talking about?!

"I told you, we shouldn't have followed Jennie at the first place!" Jisoo blurted out in irritation. "We can't take back what we saw. Now tell Rosé about it!" Samuel said back.
"No, you tell her." she quickly replied as she elbowed Samuel. "You tell her!" Jisoo retorted again. After that, all I heard was their endless bickering and pushing. I rolled my eyes in frustration, "Guys!" I made my voice clear, both of them stopped. "Can you just tell me what is it?!" I finally asked.

But before they could open their mouths again, I saw something at the corner of my eye. I swiftly spun my head to that direction and I was left dumbstruck.

My feet froze on the ground and my heart immediately dropped.

"Jennie . . ." I lowly muttered in shock, as I saw her walking in the middle of the hallway with her right arm wrapped around Scott's.

Why is she hanging around with that douche? Doesn't she remember what he did to her back in the party? She couldn't even stand to be next to him and now I see this?! If I could use every profanity in the world then I would just blurt it out right in front of them.

The most disappointing part is Jennie didn't even took a glance at our direction, like we were ghosts of some sort. But I saw her eyes. The ever familiar dark brown orbs that will always be a sight to see.

But this time her eyes were in a shade darker. I saw fury underneath the elliptic pair. I saw the emptiness of it, it didn't had any color of emotion that can reflect to her actions right now, and all of it seems confusing to me. Why is she letting Scott hold her like that when it doesn't change the pain inside her at all?

Before I could even figure these questions rambling in my mind I saw Jennie fading in the crowd, and immediately my heart stopped beating. I hate it when I see her like that, and all I can do is stand and look at her. The pain is unbearable.

"What was that?" I turned back to Jisoo and Samuel hoping they have the answers. "That's exactly wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter