Chapter 6

Over it (Over you?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie groaned out loud and banged her head lightly against her desk. She hated Mondays. They were the absolute worst. She also hated vetting potential employees. Trying to determine whether or not someone was competent was hard enough, trying to do without actually meeting the person was even harder. Jennie sighed and stared at the thick stack of papers on her desk with absolute hatred.

 

"Ms. Kim, are you alright in there?" Wendy's concerned voice filtered in from the intercom on her office phone. Jennie blushed a light red when she realized that she had been causing a loud enough of a ruckus for her secretary to hear her through her closed door.

 

Jennie cleared and pushed a button on her phone, "Yes, Ms. Son, I'm fine, sorry for being so loud." Jennie heard Wendy chuckle through her intercom and blushed an even brighter red. "Of course Ms. Kim." Jennie scowled at the teasing tone that her secretary had adopted but she really couldn't blame the women. Jennie had a tendency to over react when it came to choosing employees to staff her buisness, and Wendy typically heard every one of Jennie's frustrations.

 

Jennie sighed and picked up the application that sat at the top of the stack. "Minatozaki Sana," she mumbled to herself. Jennie looked at the picture paper clipped to the front of the file before flicking open the resume. "Speaks multiple langauges, twenty one years old, no experience but willing to learn and is a hard worker." Jennie mumbled to herself, reading off of the resume. She nodded her head and placed the file in a seperate, smaller stack next to her desktop.

 

Jennie grabbed her coffee mug and took a sip of the bitter liquid, letting it warm her up. She glanced up at the clock and glared at the flashing numbers. It had only been five minutes since she last checked. With a sigh, Jennie stopped stalling and picked up the next resume. Jennie frowned when she noticed that there was no picture on the file. It wasn't mandatory to submit a picture but it was highly recommended to do so.

 

Jennie sighed and opened up the file, "Kim Jisoo" she mumbled under her breath. " Can speak Korean, Chinese, Japanese, and can understand English, twenty two years old, and has experience being a personal assistant." She raised an eyebrow in surprise. This woman was strangely skilled and had experience working as a personal assistant. Just what she was looking for. As Jennie continued to read through the woman's resume, she realized that this stranger was hitting all of the points that Jennie had been lookin for in an employee. Quite frankly, it was a little creepy how she managed to fit so well into what Jennie was looking for.

 

Jennie looked at the pile of folders laid out on her desk and furrowed her brow. All the applicants in the smaller stack next to her desktop had hit most, but not all of her points. And she wasn't looking forward to going through the rest of the resumes on her desk when there was already a candidate who met all of her requirements.

 

Jennie debated with herself for a bit before nodding her head once. She chuckled lightly to herself and reached for her phone.

 

I guess this is fate

 

Jennie dialed the number on Jisoo's resume and waited patiently for the woman to answer her call. After several rings, Jennie was sent to voice mail

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter