Chapter 2

Over it (Over you?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The leaves fell from the tree and spiraled down slowly. Jennie sighed contently and closed her eyes, a small smile tugging her lips upward. She breathed in the cold crisp air and clasped her steaming cup of coffee in her hands, her fingers rapping greedily around the warmth. Jennie loved the cold, and winter was her favorite season.

 

"Hey stranger!"

 

Jennie frowned and felt her eyebrows turn downwards. She opened her eyes and looked around, but couldn't find anyone else in the vincity. She shrugged and took a swig of her coffee, her eyes closing with satisfaction as the warm liquid swirled around .

 

"Jennie!"

 

Jennie sighed and pulled the cup from her lips. This time she couldn't ignore the voice. With another overly exaggerated sigh Jennie looked around again but this time caught sight of auburn hair across the street. Jennie narrowed her eyes and smiled when she realized who the figure was.

 

She brought her hand up and waved at the girl across the street. "Rose!" Jennie exclaimed happily when the brunnette finally crossed the street and stopped in front of her. "How have you been?" Jennie asked, her lips tugging into a warm smile, "It's been a while."

 

Rose chuckled and shook her head. "It's been alright, I can't say I'm altogether to fond of this frigid cold weather, but I can't really complain for the most part." Jennie chuckled and motioned to the coffee store behind her.

 

"You in a rush? How 'bout I buy you a cup of coffee?" Jennie asked, she hadn't seen Rose in a week since their date, but they had been periodically texting one another and Jennie had begun to grow quite fond of her new found friend.

 

Rose smiled and shook her head, "Come on, you paid for dinner last time, I would offer to buy you a coffee but I already see you have one." she said with a raised eyebrow, "How about I buy you a muffin instead though? My friend is always raving about the muffins here, but I've never really gotten the chance to try it myself."

 

Jennie quirked an eyebrow, "Your friend has good taste, I love the muffins here and I would be honored if the one and only Rose Park would be so honorable as to buy me one." Jennie said with a twinkle in her eyes, the prospect of a gooey chocolate muffin making water.

 

The two entered the little cafe together and Rose bought a chocolate muffin for both Jennie and herself. "I would love to stay and chat," Rose began regretfully, "But I really need to get back to the office," She said as she glanced down at her watc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter