Soah; egg rolls

An Unlikely Pair
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Once we got home, Jaebeom told me to decide on the menu for dinner tonight. I scanned through the bags of groceries that he bought and was racking my brains when Jaebeom spoke again.

 

“You don’t have to think that hard,” He said, chuckling softly. “Do you have anything that you are craving for? If we have the ingredients for that I will cook it for you.”

 

“Ah! I was craving for kimchi fried rice with egg rolls and grilled sausages the other day.” I replied sheepishly, afraid that I was asking for too much.

 

“That’s a… very specific craving.” Was he… mocking me? Jaebeom’s lips were pressed together and they were quivering slightly, it was clear that he was trying to hold in his laughter. He only lasted for a good minute before he started laughing heartily.

 

“Alright, alright, I was just joking. Go rest, I will get you once dinner is ready.” Jaebeom said while moving around the kitchen, getting the ingredients he needed from the shopping bags.

 

I headed for my room to wash up and changed into something more comfortable. Once I was done, I went back to the kitchen and the scent of Jaebeom’s cooking greeted me the moment I stepped out of the room.

 

I crept up to him quietly, peeking over his shoulder, I realized that he was cooking my egg rolls. “That’s not how you do it though.”

 

Jaebeom jumped slightly, his eyes widening at my sudden appearance. “Don’t creep up on me like that.” He narrowed his eyes, waving the pair of chopsticks he held in his hands at me.

 

I lifted up my hands, as though I was surrendering, and shrugged. “What’s wrong with my egg rolls though?” He glanced between me and the egg rolls. He looked so cute being so defensive over his egg rolls.

 

Chuckling, I said, “How about I do the last portion of egg rolls? And then we can compare them later on.”

 

Pursing his lips, Jaebeom nodded, “Alright, challenge accepted. But I’m sure my egg rolls will taste fantastic.”

 

I rolled my eyes as I washed my hands with soap at the sink. I had no idea how a challenge on eg

Please log in to read the full chapter