JB; Meal

An Unlikely Pair
Please log in to read the full chapter

*reminder: this chapter will be written from JB's POV!* 

 

I went about my usual morning routine; getting out of bed, washing up, putting on my suit and tie and styling up my hair. I grabbed my briefcase and stepped out of my room, closing the door behind me.

 

I was about to head straight for the door when something in the kitchen caught my eye. I walked towards it and gently picked up the piece of post it note on the table.

 

Happy birthday! Get some breakfast before you leave for work, it’s not good to be always drinking coffee on an empty stomach. -Soah

 

I glanced up from the note, turning towards the room that Soah was staying in. It was Tuesday today and her first lesson was at 9am. Did she wake up earlier to prepare this for me?

 

Biting back a smile, I sat my briefcase down and got started on the breakfast that Soah prepared. I paused over the seaweed soup, the last time that I had it during my birthday was a good ten years ago, or perhaps even more.

 

I scooped a big spoonful of it and savored the taste that lingered in my mouth. Soah’s cooking brought back memories that I thought were long ago. It reminded me of Mum’s cooking, how a home felt like. It was a bittersweet feeling, but I genuinely enjoyed my meal.

 

I left for work after washing in the dishes and was in my car when I decided to drop Soah a text.

 

Thank you for the meal, I enjoyed it. Shall we grab dinner together tonight? I have something to discuss with you. I will leave work early today.

 

After sending out the text, I started the engine and embarked on the journey to the office.

 

¨¨

 

Soah’s reply came during the late afternoon when I was with Jinyoung. Placing my phone down on my table, I glanced up at Jinyoung, who was lounging on the couch in my office.

 

“Jin, do you know a good place for dinner?”

 

“Why? Are you bringing Soah out for dinner?” He answered without looking up from the game that he was playing on his phone.

 

I hummed in response and scratched my temple, it was pretty obvious that Jinyoung was much better at stuffs like this.

 

He finally tore his eyes away from his phone and glanced up, “Hmm, what about the Italian place just a few streets down? I heard that their pasta is good.”

 

Furrowing my br

Please log in to read the full chapter