2; Beginning

An Unlikely Pair
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I stared at the brown envelope I held in my hands, still in disbelief and shock. Maybe if I stare at it long enough, the envelope will disappear, and all of this will just be a big joke.

“Soah.” My mother’s soft and calm voice pulled me out of my trance. “Hmm?”

Her eyes fleeted to the brown envelope in my hands, “You need to open it.”

I exhaled deeply, knowing that she was right. Slowly, I lifted the flap of the envelope, slipped my fingers in and pulled out the thin stack of papers.

My eyes scanned over the document, taking everything in. Im Jaebum, only son of the family who runs the largest conglomerate in the country. Net worth: $100 billion. Lives in a 4 storey mansion at the outskirts of the city with his own maids, chauffeur and butler.

Not to forget the fact that his family owns the subsidiary Future Limited, which is the company who manages the marriage system.

One would think that the marriage system would be given a name since it has the power to decide the futures of every single person in the country. But nope, it is simply referred to as “marriage system”.

Ever since the announcement yesterday, my marriage with Im Jaebum has been the talk of the town. Many are pointing out that their family effectively owns the marriage system, so it wouldn’t be unexpected if they tamper with the system so that he would be allocated a fellow first-class. But they didn't. I can't help it but to be wonder why. They could have gotten a first-class daughter-in-law, which is definitely a lot more advantageous for them. So why was I the one who got chosen as his partner? 

They said that the chances of a first-class being allocated to a third-class, or vice-versa, was extremely rare. The chances were one in a million. So why must it be me?

The loud ringing of our house phone pierced through my thoughts and I watched as my mother answered it.

I waited patiently for her to end the call and deep down I knew who was the caller.

“Soah, you need to go pack now.” My mother said softly after the call was over. “Pack? Pack all of my belongings?”

She shook her head in response, “Just bring a few set of clothes, they will send someone down next week to move the rest of your belongings.”

I in a deep breathe before speaking again. “So, I am moving into

Please log in to read the full chapter