1; Introductions

An Unlikely Pair
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Marriage.

Every girl correlates marriage with a grand and lavish wedding filled with many tables of their closest friends. Not to forget a five-tiered wedding cake, champagne and finishing it off with top-notched food.

I’m not saying that they are not excited about tying the knot with the love of their life but yeah you get what I mean.

They seem to see sparkles, glitters and some perhaps even unicorns. But all that I see, or maybe all that I want to see, is the amount of money that it costs behind a simple word. The amount of effort and time that I will need to put into it.

Is it worth it? I honestly don’t think so. Of course, I don’t go around publicizing this thinking of mine in a world filled with girls who fantasizes about their big day.

I guess it is obvious that I am a girl who prefers to keep it simple and therefore I’m hoping for a fellow third-class to be assigned to me.

You might probably be puzzled over my choice of words. Assigned? Shouldn’t I be picking the guy that I will be getting married to?

You see, in this world that I live in, there is a system. This system allocates us our future partners during the year which we turn 21. Upon hearing this, you might be thinking, “What? That sounds like an arranged marriage. Come on, this is the 21st century!”

Yeah, this is the 21st century. A century which marks the time where a significant part of our personal rights is taken away.

I would like it better if it was an arranged marriage because that means that our parents would be the one choosing our partners for us. But sadly, that’s

Please log in to read the full chapter